Allianz Home Insurance

Allianz Home Insurance (page 3 of 10)

See the Best Home and Contents Insurance in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Disgusted! Wasn't even with them for 6 months!

Tanuj Jain

Tanuj JainTarneit

Fence claim

I have been with Allianz more than 6 months which I bought it from NAB, tried my first claim for the fence and they wasted my 4-5 months and now they telling they will only pay for the damage section and will send a builder for review. This is the most terrible and horrific company I came across in my life, don't have the option to give nil star rating, otherwise would have given that too.

Shonky. Beware.

I have insured my rental property with this company or a number of years. Recently our tenants did a runner and trashed our house leaving every inch of it damaged in some way. Flooring ruined, cabinets and doors damaged fly screens wrecked, tiles chipped, walls chipped electrical issues, filth everywhere. Allianz have refused all of our claim minus the smashed glass on my fireplace door and a broken garage door, the rest they claim (around 50 items) as carelessness/poor housekeeping and existing damage so is not covered. This is what $1200 plus $600 excess gets. Please please please stay away from this company.

robtc49

robtc49Toowoomba

Useless

I live in a block of units. The exterior is covered by Body Corp. I insured the contents with Allianz only to find out when I checked the contents insurance that they had used a Canberra address I live in the same road in Toowoomba rang them and I was asked if I lived in Canberra. I have never lived there. They sent the renewal notice to my Toowoomba address and had the place insured in Canberra, I asked them cancel the insurance policy and went to another Queensland based
Insurance company. Never insure with ALLIANZ.

Andrew

AndrewMelbourne

Worst Insurance Company

Almost 15years been with Allianz. Worst Internal Dispute Resolution review. “We strive to do things the right way and keep our customers happy.” but Dispute Resolution Officers and customer service officers don't understand what that means or they don't care. There's no respect or empathy and always find a point to reject customer's concerns and they will waste your time and money. The worst insurer and do not recommend to anyone. Really disappointed.

david

davidmelbourne

Bunch of THIEVES!!

Stay away, They will come up with every excuse under the sun not to fix or pay for damages. Worst company to deal with.

5 months and still waiting

Been with them about 10 years, after some hail damage, we are now about 5 months later and still not completed, passed onto Crawford’s then storm build, both useless, neither have any answers or keep you in the loop, lucky to even get a reply. Will not be renewing insurance with Allianz, go with a cheaper insurer can’t be any worse.

Stay away.

When you consider changing insurance companies their representatives will be so polite and friendly to keep you staying.

When you want to inquire a claim, they are cold and apathetic.

I wanted to be absolutely sure that I didn't miss any details on the policy regarding an underground burst pipe which resulted in a hole in the living room and inquired.

Ultimately after having gone through two representatives, both cold and apathetic, my inquiry (not even a claim) was rudely turned away after a heated phone call. They say they're trying helping you, but will deny all in the end.

Stay away.

Pat

PatAustralian Capital Territory

Be Careful they dont deliver what is promised

Price is good however.be careful they state one thing and when you go to make a claim they will not pay. Read your policy very carefully and ask questions before taking out your policy..

Davor

DavorMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Bunch of ... something

Matt L

Matt LBrisbane

Go elsewhere

Would not recommend, they would not accept a rent default claim. Insisting I needed a court order/qcat hearing - I made claims in the past with other companies and they have never requested as such.

philander

philanderAU

Never again Would I consider Allianz as an Insurer

We had a shocking experience with Alliance, Our property was hit by lightning, we assume lightning struck the external TV Aerial, in the process it ruined almost every device that was plugged in the wall socket, We were referred to the loss adjusters, we were interviewed by a representative , it was an awe full exsperience , we felt as if we were thieves.
After much negotiation they agreed to settle for an amount below the cost of damaged items.
I would Not recommend Alliance to my worst enemy,
It was an Absolute Nightmare
Once Alliance settled I immediately cancelled my policy and decided to go with RACV.... much more professional and Honest. At the end of the day You Only get what you pay for. Trust me..... Steer Clear of Alliance

Babs

BabsSydney

26 Minutes to a foreign call centre just to get a quote!

Catherine Austin

Catherine Austin

Claim dealt with pretty efficiently

We bought the insurance through NAB and the premiums were always the cheapest when we compared each year.

Made 2 contents claims after burglaries. Dealt with very quickly. Seemed to make the poor loss adjuster do most of the work but when he recommended payouts they paid up. Loss adjuster very helpful and approachable. All over in about 3 months.

cheeky

correct Allianz is truly the best I can not recommend any other like them they have never refused

always met the agreement always paid the claim simply the best Allianz Helen boyes. I can't agree with any negative comments im truly happy satisfied customer

July 5th 2018 Update: Allianz why choose any other security you cant beat them

When i leave my home i know that uf anyone breaks in whilst im out i can relax knowing all my home plus contents is insured i put my money where i have confidence trust and knowledge i know by experience Allianz are there when they say they definately top rsting i wouldnt look anywhere else cheeky

cheeky

over priced hard to make claims

we were paying 53 a fortnight made one claim 3000 for accidental spill on carpet that had to chase it for 3 weeks to get claim through..with a lot of back and forth..that came to Ombudsmen threats ..then we copped double 100 per fortnight renewal was requoted 100 per month..will never use them again !..

Hotto

HottoCanberra

Horrible customer service, assessment outsourced

Gale

GalePerth, WA

Allianz - rude aggressive customer service

Style_Meets_Emotion

Style_Meets_EmotionSydney, NSW

Insurer will do EVERYTHING in its power to avoid paying claims...

Ash

AshGold coast

Horrible experience house insurance

Not at all had storm damage and took for months to look at roof pouring in water. Then they would fix water damage but not roof!! Terrible company will never go with them again.

xian lai ge

xian lai geasked

where is your shop near my home (2/28 Leila road Carnegie vic.)?

Dee
Dee

Nsw

Bjf

Bjfasked

Does Allianz cover cracks in fibreglass pool?

Imports
Imports

Don't know, but something is sure. We've moved away from due to their restrictive approach with home insurances. AAMI was more adaptable.

emberasked

How can the majority of reviews show the same outcome we experienced and then one absolutely over the top too good to be true fantastic, should I suggest fabricated review pops up in between. Who checks the validity of these reviews? What checks are made to ensure they are genuine and not the company fabricating great reviews.

Very sus.

Russ
Russ

Don't know but check the profits for Allianz says a lot

Rae
Rae

I'm not sure if this question is in relation to my very good feedback on Alliance (which shows as the most recent 5 star review at the top of the page), but if so I can tell you it's real. I sent a copy of the payout details etc to Product Review to verify my review of them. The claims officer went through our policy very carefully and ensured they paid us on every possible clause they could. We DID have a TOTAL LOSS fire though. Sure we had to get a couple of quotes: one from a builder to rebuild the house, one from a plumber for a rainwater tank (part of their $5,000 eco contribution that was paid in addition), and one quote for the cost of debris removal. The only thing that took time, was us finding people to get quotes from. Everything from the Alliance side was actioned quickly and efficiently. Would I insure with them again? ABSOLUTELY.

Also... prior to moving we had a small accident with the car, which is also insured with Alliance. Paid the excess and got the car fixed super easy with no hassle whatsoever. I've never had to claim on insurance before, yet within a 3 month period I had to make 3 claims! ALL have been great (the other one with Youi, whom I'm also about to give a good review to). Sorry you didn't have a good experience, but we really honestly did.

ember

Thanks for your feedback but we have found this company to be nothing but probems. You may have been the one and only very lucky winner for the year. This was not a big claim and they have been obstructive and argumentative.
Its good to hear that our premiums actually pay claims, not just CEO bonuses, all be it very rarely.
I'm sorry for loss and glad you did not have the same experience with this company as so many other victims. They are a terrible company if they pay out only one case in hundreds.
I have taken my business elsewhere.

Get an answer from our members and Allianz representatives