Allianz Travel Insurance - Basic Plan

Allianz Travel Insurance - Basic Plan

Quick, easy and reasonably priced!

I have known Allianz even before coming to Australia and they are reliable. I am a firm believer of insurance. The application was fast and easy, no issues. Reasonably priced too!

Wonderful to hear!

Carol

CarolPerth, WA

Quick to arrange, confident with the choice.

My insurance was purchased on line each time. It was quick to answer all the questions and very quick to obtain the insurance document itself. I have used Allianz perhaps half a dozen times. Good value each time

Allianz PartnersAllianz Travel Insurance

Thanks for the review Carol! That's all great to hear.

Does the job

Didn't need the insurance as had no issues traveling. Insurance was respectably priced. Allianz employee David Lynch in Newcastle was very helpful answering questions, as well as suggesting the snow-sports add on.

DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea)
Allianz PartnersAllianz Travel Insurance

Thanks for the good feedback and I hope you had an amazing time snowboarding in Japan!

Jill

JillSouth West, QLD

Easy to use

Very easy to use and affordable plan for a one off overseas trip. Covered everything I may have needed. Used this company twice in the last 3 years and both times haven't needed to claim.

DestinationNew Zealand
Allianz PartnersAllianz Travel Insurance

Thanks for the review Jill!

Lorraine

LorraineSouth East Queensland, QLD

Easy to use,

Policy was easy to set up.
This is the third time we have used Allianz.
I use Allianz because it is well set up and I know what is insured and how much it s insured for.
Very user friendly.

DestinationPacific Islands (e.g. Fiji, Vanuatu)
Allianz PartnersAllianz Travel Insurance

That's fantastic to hear, thanks Lorraine!

I felt cheated out of my money

I bought the insurance for my visiting mum on a Friday evening (31/1/20) and decided to cancel it on Sunday morning (2/2/20) because she no longer needs it. The insurance was only to take effect on the following Monday (3/2/20). I sent an email on Sunday morning and then called in Monday (the day it takes effect) to cancel it. They said they couldn't and did not give me a clear reason why. The insurance was not used... there was no time to use it. I feel cheated out of my money.

DestinationAustralia
Allianz PartnersAllianz Travel Insurance

Hi Rana, I'm sorry to hear about this - I will send you a private message to get further details from you. Kind regards, Tegan

Colin g

Colin g

all went well

Policy value was good after discussing my various conditions to travel. Used his company twice in the past two plus years. No problems on the trip that required a claim.

DestinationEurope
Allianz PartnersAllianz Travel Insurance

Thanks for the review Colin!

Delia

DeliaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Competitive pricing

This policy seemed good value comparing to other companies. Fortunately we did not make a claim but we use Allianz for home and car and they have always been great

DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea) and North America (inc. Hawaii)
Allianz PartnersAllianz Travel Insurance

Thanks for the good feedback on our pricing Delia! Great to hear.

Quite happy with your service , this review is because you asked for it.

The value was good , easy to setup , Did not have to make any claims .
I think we have used your service before without problems and also used your property insurance from to time
when insuring property ,have never been aware of any problems.

Allianz PartnersAllianz Travel Insurance

Thanks for the good feedback William!

Aloha Travel Insurance

We went with Allianz for our travel insurance needs as we found the consultant helpful and professional. It was quick to set up over the phone and would insure with Allianz.

Allianz PartnersAllianz Travel Insurance

Great to hear! Thanks for the review.

Clinton R

Clinton R

Great company to work with

We did not need to claim this trip but had incredibly good service when I had 3 claims out of 4 last trip. Good value offer - better value for money thank other companies.

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Teenager
Allianz PartnersAllianz Travel Insurance

Thanks for sharing your claim experiences Clinton! Great to hear.

KEZ

KEZPerth, WA

Great price for full coverage

Good value For full coverage and peace of mind when travelling. I’ve used Allianz a couple of times I have never lodged a claim and will choose Allianz if I get to travel again

DestinationPacific Islands (e.g. Fiji, Vanuatu)
Allianz PartnersAllianz Travel Insurance

Thanks for the review Kez!

Good VChoice

It was ok to cover all the basic needs in case something goes wrong. It is great to know that you are covered. Must have one when travelling overseas, for peace of mind and sense of security as you dont know what can happen in a foreign land.

Allianz PartnersAllianz Travel Insurance

Thanks for the review Francis!

m.ceranna

m.cerannaKimberley, WA

Amazing service!

Very good value! Dentist expenses were all covered! 2 weeks later, I got my money back! It was easy to claim online! It was my first time with Allianz and not the last!

DestinationEurope
Type of ClaimMedical
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateNovember 2019
Claim ApprovedYes
Insurance Cover For:Adult and Child
Allianz PartnersAllianz Travel Insurance

Thank you for the kind words! So good to hear.

EL S.

EL S.Sydney, NSW

Great value

Simple and easy process and friendly staff. Product was very convenient and suitable for my travel needs. Self sufficient and easy to follow steps made it easy to compel eye the process

Allianz PartnersAllianz Travel Insurance

Wonderful to hear, thanks for the review!

TrevW

TrevWHobart

Ridiculous interpretation of pre-existing condition.

Just finished a conversation with Allianz in which they advised that, in the case of one of the travelers in our group contracting the flu and having to cancel the trip, we would not be covered as it would be classified as a pre-existing condition??!! This seems patently absurd to me and, after relying on Allianz for many years (and never having to make a claim) we will be seeking cover from elsewhere from now on. I would be very interested to hear how they justify such a ridiculous interpretation of a "pre-existing condition".

Allianz PartnersAllianz Travel Insurance

Hi, I'm sorry to hear you were disappointed on this occasion. I will send you a private message for further details to see if I can assist. Kind regards, Tegan

RIP OFF -DO NOT USE THIS TRAVEL INSURANCE

I tried to make a claim and they didnt pay due to it being under the excess, i have never had to pay excess for a travel insurance claim for a dr, i will not use this service ever again RUBBISH

DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea)
Type of ClaimMedical
Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateJanuary 2020
Claim ApprovedNo

Melissa B

Melissa B

The plan suited my requirements perfectly at a perfect price.

This is the second time I have used Allianz and I have not been disappointed. I didn't need to make a claim this time but did the first and the process was so effortless I knew I would use them again.

DestinationNew Zealand
Allianz PartnersAllianz Travel Insurance

That's so good to hear Melissa!

Fernando

FernandoPerth, WA

Very competitive price and service was outstanding

Purchased a travel insurance policy online prior to flying/cruise, it was easy to get and price was very competitive. It just so happened that I got sick for a few days into the cruise and had to visit the mediacal team onboard. When I got pack home I lodged a claim online, uploaded the required paperwork and my claim was setlled within a few days. Cannot fault Allianz Travel Insurance and would recommend them to everyone, thank you Allianz Travel Insurance.

Type of ClaimMedical and Other
Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateDecember 2019
Claim ApprovedYes
Allianz PartnersAllianz Travel Insurance

Wow that's so lovely to hear Fernando!

What a waste of money

The representative could not tell us whether our situation would be covered by our policy. He repeated that everything was stated in our policy if I wished to review it, but when I asked about its application to our circumstances, the representative said that he didn't
know and that we would have to wait 5-7 business days to find out from the claims department. Consequently, the representatives appear to be incompetent and the plans offered are a waste of money.

Allianz PartnersAllianz Travel Insurance

Hi Alana, I'm sorry to hear about this. Is there anything I can do to assist or has this now been resolved? Kind regards, Tegan

See all Allianz Travel Insurance reviews