3.0 from 1 review

First time to use my TI Policy for Overseas medical.

I have a duo multi trip ski pack policy.
I arrived home yesterday with my right calf in a splint suffering form a Maisonneuve Fracture (Fractured Fibula, Very Bad Ankle Sprain) from Skiing Japan last week. It took Allianz 6 days to get me on a flight. I could have done myself in 2 days. Granted my incident happened Friday, and they got the call about 6pm AEST. I still could have done it in 2 days.

I was told on Friday arvo, it will take 2 days to approve my submitted documents and have my x-rays assessed, then another 3-4 days to arrange logisitics.

From the first call to the final call, I must have spoken to 5 different Case Managers, and 3 different registered nurses. You can expect when this occurs, there will be miscommunication, notes not read properly, not enough notes taken by one manager for the next etc... But lines got crossed only on one instance over an acronym, and generally their follow up was great!

Criticisms:
They didn't outline a good plan for early return for me. Didn't get a good plan on getting proper treatment.
I had to ask what the next step is.
They initially didn't approve a taxi ride the next day to the layover destination.
I thought they would take more control over the process and guide me better.
An acronym ER wasn't clearly outlined to me. I thought it meant Emergency Room, but it means Early Return. So I lost a day clarifying this detail...
Our premium flights with ANA were originally changed to JAL Domestic & Qantas Business (me) business economy (wife). I rejected the proposal and they found 2 Korean Air business flights flying through Seoul.
I asked them why they didn't use ANA as I found next day business flights. She said our travel agents don't have access to the same flights as customers.
I didn't get a call at 9am when emailed the night before that I would receive one.

Pros:
When they arranged something it all happened on time to a T.
As long as I requested approval for something by phone it was granted.
The phone line was mostly quickly answered, hardly a delay in contacting them, maybe once or twice.

Wanted:
Streamlined checklist what I need to do.
Once they received my itinerary & medicals, tell me what to do under my cover.
Clarify to me what I need to arrange and what they will arrange.
6 Days was too long IMHO.

While I can't compare this service to another, thankfully, I'm glad to be home and get further orthopaedic attention.

My financial claim is just beginning, lodged today, and will review my process when it's complete. I would think costs incurred while waiting for Early Return would all be reimbursable. I'm a fish on sand, lying in a hotel room for 6 days doing nothing with a NWB-Non Weight Bearing leg and crutches and didn't need to be spending money on foods and phone calls...

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationSouth-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Insurance TypeMulti-Trip
Claim MadeYes
Type of ClaimMedical, Other and Travel Delays/Cancellations
Claim DateFebruary 2019
Hi Brent, thanks for the feedback. I'll pass on your feedback to our team. If there is anything else I can help with, please let me know. Regards, Anthony.

See all Allianz Travel Insurance reviews