Allied Moving Services Questions & Answers

Marg P
Marg P · WA

I wish to ship a glass fronted 100 year old clock, with two brass pendulums (removable) ( length 1 metre, width 45 centimetres) from Mandurah kWA to Cornwall UK (to nephew). Can you advise whether you could handle this, the method, the cost etc. and if not, advise entity who would be able to do this.

Richard B.
Richard B. · NSW, Coffs Harbour

to move 11 items from Kempsey NSW to Esperance WA

gordon
gordon · Allied Moving Services

Could someone please give me a ring re a move from Furnissdale to Victoria please phon 0421834157 thank you Gordon

adrian h. · TAS, Hobart

Hello I have 6 tool boxes 4feet by 2feet square an another 2 smaller boxes I'm wanting shipped to Cleveland in Georgia from Austin's ferry Tasmania what kind of price would I be looking at

Hi Adrian
Can’t answer your question re price but I would definitely advocate using another removal company. Allied Pickfords comes across as professional etc on signing you up… and the initial packing and shipping of your goods… from that point you are alone and if something goes wrong like stuff goes missing you are led a very merry trip around the maze …. They are unprofessional, obstructive and sorry to say , judging on my experience, their staff or some of them have sticky fingers. As to the insurances , this will cost you an arm and a leg and if it comes time to claim , wow, worse that the worst picture you may have about insurance companies attempting to worm their way out of paying… the obstructive behavior of those concerned is appealing. So do not do comprehensive insurance… waste of money- do total loss only… self insure on the rest… way cheaper… even if stuff goes missing - which with this lot is probable- based on my dealings with them
Allied Pickfords have left an image of being corporate thugs n my mind- seek an alternative mover

Gary Hearn
Gary Hearn · WA, Welshpool (Home Removals Office)

We are relocating from Germany to Perth between October 23 - June 24. We are waiting for the completion of our new apartment in Subiaco, which is estimated to be finished by October 24. It depends when we sell our home here as to the relocation date. I have already submitted the quote request for the removal. But I would like the cost for storage in the interim period until the completion of our apartment. Many thanks, Gary

Robin Fisher

Gary I assume you are talking about storing at Allied Pickfords....if you are the only advice I can give you is don't ....your goods are not cared for the way they profess they will be, boxes will be opened and items removed and whatever you do...do not even bother paying insurance ...unless they can offer you total loss( like your container being lost at sea or it just goes missing......), to do comprehensive insurance with them is a costly exercise and you will have nightmares , as we did, trying to get a claim paid...every trick is used to avoid payment, T&C's, avoiding issues, evading facts and generally being just plain downright unethical and dishonest....be very careful of doing business with these sharks. IF there is storage , Wilsons storage , in Perth ,then they are the ones to use....in my mind the best in Melbourne, secure , clean, well run by professionals doing a professional job....As to cost it boils down to the size of the storage area you need.
I hope this helps...I would however strongly suggest seek an alternative removal company...Biddulphs, Stuttaford Van Lines or one of the very many others...avoid Allied Pickfords like the plague

Stella
Stella · WA, Geraldton

Hi just wondering if I could possibly get a quote to move from wandina to wandina for next week plz thanks

John M
John M · VIC, Geelong

We are planning a move from Clifton Springs to Scotland

What size containers are available to move our household goods

We think that a standard 20ft container would be to big for our needs. Is there a smaller option?

Neola S.
Neola S. · Allied Moving Services

Who handles Allied Pickford complaints?

Merle P · ACT

Can you provide the name & contact details of your CEO

Collette
Collette

I don’t have one

Why not

Mel Hahn
Mel Hahn

The name of the Allied staff member was Russell Cox. Their number in Albany is 08 9841 8924.

Tk u

Pepetua T.
Pepetua T. · Allied Moving Services

Request a quote hurstville to tauranga door to door house hold furniture estimate

emma s.
emma s. · ACT

Hi, do you deliver and unpack stuff from storage on saturdays?

Bob L.
Bob L. · NSW, Girraween (Business Relocations Office)

My daughter is moving from Sydney to Tasmania her furniture will only fill half a container.
I believe she has to wait for the container to be filled before it is shipped.
With your experience on average how long will she have to wait for her container to be shipped to Tasmania I realise that you can not give me a definite time period I'm after an average.
cheers Bob Lubout

Nathan R.
Nathan R. · Allied Moving Services

Hi what are your payments terms? We would like to pay a decent deposit and not pay the full invoice until the sum of our worldly belongings have arrived at the other end.

Anonymous
Anonymous

I was asked to pay in full otherwise they would not come pick up so I did. when my goods arrived, 2 days before delivery they said they needed to add extra charges for difficult access (this was not previously discussed and to this day I still don’t know the basis of calculation). Again I had to settle the extra fees in full before delivery could take place. They said it’s their “company policy”.

Alex R.
Alex R. · Allied Moving Services

hi we tried emailing you and calling you a few times and no reply regarding my move from Australia to Austria. i got an email a few weeks ago that my stuff will arrive last week friday. and its been more than a week and tried emailing and calling and I got zero reply?

Jenni · Allied Moving Services

Hi I’m just wondering how a quote can go from one price one day and $1000 more the next day ?
I was quoted a estimate for a move and rang up a few days later and she told me same volume estimate but $1000 more
It’s a case of your work against there as she claimed she never quoted that but confirmed with my husband that’s what I said as soon as I got off phone

Gerry
Gerry

Hi Jenni. The quote that I received from Allied Pickfords was a written quote as were the quotes from other companies.
Only the company in question would be able to explain the difference in the quotes that you received. The bottom line is to ensure that you get all quotes in writing.

Jenni

Well yes definitely understanding this now as they can just change it when ever they like. Just abit ticked off that they can change it so much with same info but say they never said that..!!

Allied Moving Services   DM

Hi Jenni, Thank you for your question.
Our consultants quote jobs based on the information provided during either a home visit or phone call. Your estimate over the phone may have changed for various reasons, such as items requiring special packing/crating or updated information on access to your home. We would like to follow this up for you and provide you with an accurate written quote for your move. If you can please email through your contact details to quotes@alliedpickfords.com.au we will be able to assist.
Allied Pickfords

Jenni

That’s interesting because nothing changed same vol same address pickup / drop off just $1000 more ?!?!

emma
emma · Allied Moving Services

is it normal to pay before the pickup? please help i have been searching and looking for days on who to move with.

Ardeshir
Ardeshir

Hi,

I am sure that we should not pay full amount in advance. You need to hold a part of that and pay at end otherwise they dont care what service they are giving!!!!! I had bad expriance with poor quality with Allied last month and my hand was off !!!

I made a review for them and i didnt get proper answer from them. I really upset with this company.

I advise, Dont pay full amount in advance.

Regards

Ann W
Ann W · Allied Moving Services

Just wondering if you disassemble beds? I would be in the position where i can't but the house will be manily boxed up but will need the heavy stuff washer dryer tv fridge etc..beds disassembled.

Allied Moving Services   DM

Hi Ann. As part of our standard service we would disassemble beds for transport and reassemble them at your new home. We have various packing options available depending on the items and your service requirements. Please feel free to give us a call on 132554 so we can discuss further how we can assist.

elaine
elaine · Allied Moving Services

Anyone can share me their successful experience how to claim back their looses items from Allied Pickfords and insurance company.I found it is difficult to get back from them .and cannot really reach through their management team.

mauricio salazar
mauricio salazar

Hi Elaine,

I have had to do this twice:

1. International relocation. Some minor items damaged. I contacted my move manager (or relocation specialist from Allied Pickfords) and she put me in contact wit the international move claim department. After that I submitted an online claim and after 2 weeks I followed up. After my follow up all was settled and they paid the claim (again, minor and reasonable things).

2. Recently, local move in Sydney. I contacted my move manager and she put me in contact with their insurance company. They contacted me and explained the claim process to me. I just very recently submitted the claim documents and they confirmed they have received them and they are reviewing the case. If I don't hear back from them I will follow up in 2 weeks.

The key to all this: contact your move manager. Mine was great and she got back to me right away. If yours is not getting back to you, contact the sales person that you went to contract with, they are usually pretty good too.

The best of luck.

Lynley
Lynley · Allied Moving Services

Please can I have contacts details for the national delivery service manager? Email and phone number

Allied Moving Services   DM

Hi Lynley. Sure, you can contact our National Service Delivery Manager via email at customerservice@alliedpickfords.com.au

Chicky
Chicky · Allied Moving Services

Hi

can you tell me if we need to use your packing boxes and if not do you quote quantity or weight?

Allied Moving Services   DM

Hi Chicky, Thanks for your question. You can use your own boxes, however boxes can not weigh more then 30kg. We will quote on the total volume. If you would like to discuss this further, please feel free to give us a call on 132 554 or request a quote via our website alliedpickfords.com.au

Get an answer from our members and Allied Moving Services representatives

Select a listing for your question