Don’t recommend

Friendly staff but that’s about it. Were told 6-8 wks door to door & our container was still sitting in SYD on week 8. Took another 2 weeks before it arrived in AKL. Then customs wanted to go through our stuff so a further delay. Items finally arrived only to find everything in the boxes were a total mess. Some items were missing original labels & someone had hand written the numbers, some boxes had no number. We have gone through the majority of the boxes & it now seems like we are missing stuff too :(

Hi Melanie, We regret to hear that you had a negative experience with your move. We would like to follow up with your concerns, so can you please email through your name, contact details and job number (R/Plan) to customerservice@alliedpickfords.com.au Regards, Allied Pickfords

Terrible Service - do not use this company~

Moved from US to Sydney Dec 6th. Shipment delivery was promised Jan 31st. Received shipment on Mar 27 after it was held to ransom for 2 weeks over a $5k customs charge, $2,800 of which was for detention charges which were caused by Allied returning the container to port late.
Allied Pickfords lied to me about the date of quarantine inspection to cover up the fact that the late container charges were caused by them and not a Govt agency. It wasn't until I got the Dept of Fair Trading involved that they admitted fault and deducted both the late detention charge plus the storage charge they seemingly prearranged to incur with the fumigators from the bill. They will use your goods as leverage to strong arm you into paying late charges levied on them. Packers either end were very pleasant to work with, issues were with both head office business practices. Allied International (US end) no better after trying to consolidate my shipment when I paid for single use then losing the other parties personal effects & finding them back at the SF warehouse. What a mess. I now have to go through the lengthy claim process to have my broken and missing items replaced. Have attached a photo of how some of my fragile items were delivered to me which pretty much sums up the whole awful experience.

Very happy with Allied Pickfords

Very happy with Allied Pickfords. They moved us from Griffith NSW to Margaret River NSW. Everything went smoothly - they picked up on time, they dropped off on time and all the staff were very friendly, careful, and helpful. Kudos to them for the partial refund we received due to the lower volume that was moved - very impressive.

Hi Craig, It is great to hear that your move from Griffith to Margaret River went well. Best of luck to you in your new home. Allied Pickfords

Exceptional

Simple move - 2br apartment to 4br house; sydney to sunshine coast. The cost of the move was far exceeded by the cost of the replacement of the goods lost/ stolen by allied pickfords. This company is exceptional at providing terrible service and losing or stealing your valuable household goods.
Never use allied pickfords. They are a horrible company with no ethics or honesty.
One star rating is being very generous.

Terrible service

Move from aus to uk
Damage to property in house
Damage to next doors garden
Agreed a delivery time and date then they say they want more money as the boat came in early.
No customer service at all. It's all about them. No give to the customer just take take take

Office LocationNSW, Sydney
Hi Sad, We regret to hear of your negative experience with your delivery in the UK. So we can follow up with your concerns, can you please email through your name, contact details and job number (R/Plan) to customerservice@alliedpickfords.com.au. Regards, Allied Pickfords

Very pleased with the service

Moved our four bedroom home from Sydney to country NSW a four hour trip. Selling our previous home and buying our current home on the same day meant logistics had to be just right and Allied Pichfords did the job just right without a problem. We were very pleased with the team.

Office LocationNSW, Sydney
Hi David, Thank you for your positive review! Great to hear that your move to the countryside went well and best wishes for your new home!

Beware of international moves

I used Allied for an international move from Australia to the US. Their U.S. partner - Schumacher - has been hugely frustrating to deal with. If you use Allied, beware of the other companies they contract at the destination, as quality can be quite poor.

Through Allied, I paid for delivery and unpacking service at my house in the US. However, upon arrival in the US, the Schumacher men refused to take the boxes upstairs, left them in the garage, and did not remove any of the packaging. After numerous follow-up calls, the delivery has still not been completed properly. Schumacher has promised 3 times now that they would re-send men to finish the delivery - but each time, no men arrive, and no calls are received. This poor service has resulted in countless wasted hours of my time. Delivery still has not been completed properly, and I have not been compensated for this poor experience.

Allied - please re-consider your partnership with Schumacher.

Office LocationNSW, Sydney
Hi Beth, We regret to hear of your negative experience with our International agent. So we can follow up with your concerns, can you please email through your contact details and job number (R/Plan) to customerservice@alliedpickfords.com.au. Regards, Allied PickfordsHi Beth, We have been in contact with Schumacher who have advised this has now been resolved. On behalf of both organisations we would like to apologies for the technical error that resulted in this delay. Regards, Allied Pickfords

Poor quality

I chose Allied because they have done great job when i sent my furniture from Dubai to sydney last year. But Last week we moved in Sydney and i had bad experience for their service and the team.
they are not professional removalist, rude, they said we wrap everything but they didn't wrap my 60 inch TV :( , one guy spit on the sink in front me :( , one of them asked me a glass of Jack daniels during moving!!!! :( they have sent medium truck and we did two round in rainy day and etc...
I paid 1700$ for 3 bedroom furnitures ( 9 hours job) and i have got very bad experience with them.

Office LocationNSW, Sydney
Hi Ardeshir, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review with us on Product Review. We regret to hear that your experience was a negative one, however as we have mentioned to you before, upon further investigation into your claims, we have determined that the behaviour of our staff does not fit the description that you have left us with. We have been advised that unnecessary hostility was shown towards our removalists as they tried to complete your move. It is important when moving homes, that you treat the removalists with respect, and that you trust that they will complete the job to the best of their ability. It is our understanding that our staff members were not treated with a level of respect that would allow them to complete their work and we have determined that given the circumstances that you provided our staff did their best to complete the work professionally and on time. We will, however, take your comments on board and speak to all of our staff to ensure that they are adhering to our community standards. Regards, Allied PickfordsQuality of job shall be consistance and should not related to customer bahaviour ....... First day Allied promise to do so many things but didnt. My advise : dont pay full amount of money first , review your contract , check other company also ...

Lost but not forgotten

Tried to move from NZ to Australia. A modest size move of barely a truck load for one person - easy right?

The move itself seemed to go well (timing was good, people were nice) until delivery to destination, where upon I realised a box was missing on the consignment check-off sheet.

The delivery crew called their Newcastle office to see if they could located it, but to no avail. The Newcastle office then contacted the Sydney office who informed them the box in question didn't even arrive in Australia from NZ. I then proceeded to contact the NZ office who denied having the box in their possession. One can only assume it's in the Tasman sea then!? hmm, so it's either still in the warehouse(s) somewhere, stolen or shipped elsewhere.

No accountability taken, typical pass-the-buck attitude.

A warning: Do not assume you will not lose stuff as I did. Their online tracking system is ineffective (it's mostly there to make you feel good), as is their consignment check-off system. Make a full list, take photos, gather receipts and quotes for replacement of all items - you will need these for insurance (if you can be bothered).

And remember to kiss your irreplaceable's goodbye.

Good luck!

Office LocationNSW, Newcastle

A great service

At short notice I had to arrange a move for a relative. An enquiry led to a phone quote and follow-up email quote soon after. Then the situation changed, with more items to be moved and to two different addresses. I sent details by email and the next morning received a revised quote. Kym, the Move Manager, was most helpful throughout. The two removalists arrived on time (I was given an arrival time the day before) and were very accommodating and professional. This was the second time I had used Allied Pickfords and on each occasion I've found them to be very reliable.

Office LocationNSW, Sydney
Hi Paul, Thank you for your feedback. Happy to hear that we were able to help you once again.

Stressful and unhelpful relocation

Moving the family house hold from NSW to SA was stressful right from the start. This was made worse by the unhelpful attitudes of the removalists, especially the team leader. After a few cursory questions, they went to work in a non-professional manner. They were loud, rude and essentially disrespectful with their remarks and comments. There was little genuine interest in our family situation and disregard in the actual process of moving. Several items were either left behind (without consulting us) or got damaged during the relocation from NSW to SA. We have moved interstate several times in the past and in comparison, the Allied Pickford crew of removalist was the worst with their team leader providing an undeniably disappointing and unhelpful customer service. My advice would be to save yourself the hassle by using a more professional crew of removalist.

Office LocationNSW, Sydney
Hi JLML, We regret to hear of your negative experience. So we can follow up with your concerns, can you please email through your name, contact details and job number (R/Plan) to customerservice@alliedpickfords.com.au. Regards, Allied Pickfords

If you value your belonging don't use Allied Pickfords, they lost my whole shipment

I would not even give Allied Pickfords 1 star.

I shipped a box of personal effects from the UK to Sydney last December and it arrived safely at Australian customs around March this year. It was then collected by Allied Pickfords in Sydney, only to go “missing”.  After asking asking around their agents Allied Pickfords have given up trying to locate it and it’s now classed as lost.

Regrettably I didn’t take out insurance because these were mainly personal effects but they were priceless to me.  In this box was every photo I had ever taken, important documents, family keepsakes I had wanted to share with my children.

I entrusted the box to Allied Pickfords for safe delivery as they are supposedly ‘The Careful Movers’ and world-leaders in shipping.

I hope this review helps others and warns of using such an unprofessional company.

REF: PF71253843

Office LocationNSW, Sydney

Delighted to have our 40 foot container arrive to Ireland from Australia with our household contents

Deciding on which company to carry out our move was difficult. Competition is tight and alot of the Sydney quotes were similar. Tilly in Allied Pickford was very confident and had years of experience I felt safe going with Tilly as I felt she would deal with any concerns down the track for me. Thankfully everything went smoothly and our container arrived in a week earlier. We where happy everything arrived in Ireland just as it was back in Sydney. Im so glad to have brought my car and all the paper work was managed very well. Thank you to all in Allied pickford who helped in this process.

Office LocationNSW, Sydney
Hi Deirdre, Glad to hear of your positive experience, and hope you enjoy your new home in Ireland.

Great service from start to finish

We moved the contents of a 2 bedroom house interstate. Everything worked like clockwork. I could not fault the service from our initial dealings with the Moving Consultant

Office LocationNSW, Sydney
Hi Mark, Thanks for the feedback, glad to hear that your interstate move went well.

First class moving done at a fair price!

We moved from a small farm to a big one, 330km distance, and filled 2 trucks. Every aspect of the move, including the communication, was spot on, load and unload was well handled and done at the promised times and dates. Excellent service from Allied Pickfords!

Office LocationNSW, Wollongong
Hi Togagoats, Thanks for the feedback. Happy to hear the big move went well.

Excellent service from beginning to end.

I recently used Allied Pickfords to pack and relocate a 5 bedroom house, the packing process was faultless and the move which covered a distance spanning 7hrs was also faultless. Nothing was a problem from beginning to end, the customer service I received from not only admin but packing and unpacking was second to none. I would not hesitate to recommend Allied Pickfords and will definitely use them again in the future.

Office LocationNSW, Wagga Wagga
Hi Mel, Thanks for the feedback. Glad to hear your move went well and we hope you enjoy your new home.

Excellent team. They make the move very easy from start to finish!

Our move involved storage for 2 months as we were going overseas for a while. They handled everything smoothly and painless for us.

Strongly recommend them.

Office LocationNSW, Sydney
Hi Mauricio, Thanks for the feedback. Glad to hear everything went well.

Great moving experience

We downsized from a 5 bedroom house to a 3 bedroom apartment nearby and this involved sending some furniture to storage for future use by our children but also moving a large number of boxes of books, clothes, kitchen items to the new apartment. The Allied-Pickford guys were great - friendly and professional. They packed up the whole house in one day and took furniture to storage, then returned the next day to take the rest to the apartment. Everything went smoothly and exactly to schedule.

Great Service

I had only a couple of days to move and Allied Pickfords were able to accommodate quote and confirm that day - we moved a 3 bedroom duplex with 2 guys who were just amazing and I felt very comfortable with all my possessions and had peace of mind that it would all be done with care and it was - very easy to deal with and a great long hard working day was done by all.

Moving interstate

We moved from NSW to Karratha WA, using Allied pickford made our move easy. They were prompt and very professional.

Office LocationNSW, Coffs Harbour