nothing went wrong

we moved from cairns to sunshine coast. 3 bedroom home. Allied came as planned, put all our stuff into truck in the timeframe they said and it was delivered on time. In hindsight I should of paid the extra to have Allied pack our stuff too, decided to save some $$ and pack. watching them, they know what they are doing! The only stuff that got broken was the stuff that we packed. Allied took great care. Look, the price was a little high for me, but no regrets. This is the first time I've used a moving company to move, done it all myself every other time and despite price am inclined to use them again AND spend the extra on having them pack.

I personally do not recommend the insurance. Fathoms me I'd have to pay extra to cover THEIR accidental breakages. I have provided that feedback to them. I did not buy the insurance and consider it a bit of a bizarre concept. The product needs reworking in some way for me to consider it to be something of value. Mind you, watching them work, I also feel the need for insurance is quite low anyway.

Thank you for your help and shifting our very very HEAVY fridge.

Hi Mark, Thanks for taking the time to leave us such a great review! We are happy to have been able to assist you in getting safely to your new home in the Sunshine Coast. All the best. Allied Pickfords

Absolutely fabulous - I could not hope for better.

My house was a three bedroom high set Queenslander. My possessions are going to be stored with Allied in Richlands and then shipped to NSW when we find a house.
The move started and finished on time. I just want to say here that the boys packing, Chris, Lee and Geoff were absolutely fantastic and I will sing Allied Pickford’s praises to everyone I speak to. Then Josh, Godfrey, Te and Andrew who loaded the possessions onto the trucks were unbelievable as well. I must not forget Dean Robson who has been so helpful to us and I did speak to John who put the team together. We were delighted with your service. I would not hesitate to use Allied Pickfords again and recommend them to all.

Hi Marilyn, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We will be sure to pass on your kind words to the team. All the best for your new home in NSW. Allied Pickfords

an easy move

After living in SE Asia for 20 years, we recently moved all of our furniture, collectables and personal effects from Bangkok to the Sunshine Coast. Allied Pickford's teams at both ends were extremely careful when packing and unpacking and more importantly, all AP's staff from the initial point of contact throughout the complete process were easy to deal with. Their professional approach made our move completely stress free ............well done to all.

Hi Rob, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review from your recent international move. It is always great to hear about the good experiences of our customers. Best of luck for your new home in the Sunshine Coast. Kind Regards, Allied Pickfordscheers, rob

Went over booked hours.

We used Allied Pickfords less than 12 months ago. We were so impressed with speed, service and value for money that we booked them again. This time we moved almost exactly back (one street away) from where we lived last move. The move was easier this time due to moving into a lowset home with less furniture than last move, however the movers were very slow, we have a couple of little chips out of timber furniture and the move actually took longer than last move. Obviously this increased the cost of the move. We were not consulted that the move may go over the 4 hours we booked for and the move was an hour and 15 minutes over the booked time of 4 hours. We are still waiting for an Operations Manager to contact us to explain the reason we were charged more for almost the exact same distance with less furniture and we specifically booked for 4 hours only.

Hi Kerri, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to hear that your experience was a negative one. We would like to follow up on your concerns. Can you please email through your name, contact details and job number (R/Plan) to customerservice@alliedpickfords.com.au Thanks, Allied PickfordsEmail sent.Unsatisfactory reply received from operations manager that there is nothing that can be done about us being overcharged. The removalists were actually laughing with me about how small and easy a job it was compared to the size of the truck that they had, and still managed to take the move over the 4 hours that we booked. I am not going to be a repeat customer on our next move, such a shame given the smooth experience, and 5 star positive review I left for our last move.

Great Service highly recommend Allied Pickfords

Small move from Adelaide to Cairns.. Everyone I spoke to from first contact to last was really friendly and helpful..Pick up guys at both ends were wonderful..Highly recommend Allied Pickfords really great service.

Hi S Rogers, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! Best of luck for your new home in Cairns. Thanks, Allied Pickfords

Great work guys

We had a huge move ahead of us from Darwin to Bundaberg.
We were given so much assistance from beginning to end .
Can't speak highly enough of the lovely staff. They were so friendly and went above and beyond assisting us with every aspect of the move. Three cheers for Allied Pickfords and we will be recommending your company to friends who are planning a move.
Date of removal and arrival was completed on set dates.

Hi Marianne, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We love hearing about our customers experiences. Best of luck for your new home in Bundaberg. Thanks, Allied PickfordsThanks guys, keep up the good work

Very good end to end service

We were moving contents of a 3 bedroom house from NSW to QLD. We got a number of quotations, however we found Allied Pickford initial sales contact very efficient and professional and although they were not the least expensive decided to go with them. We received numerous contacts from the pickup coordinator right up to pickup day which was reassuring. pickup was on time and the crew were very friendly and professional. We received followup calls prior to delivery which was also on time. Again the crew were friendly and professional. After unpacking all the cartons we called Allied Pickford to pickup the empty cartons and they did so in the timeframe they had originally advised. We were very happy with the overall end to end service.

Hi Alan, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are glad that we were able to help with your move to from NSW to QLD and wish you all the best for your new home. Allied Pickfords

Check Delivery Invoice

Move involved 2 bedroom unit from Coolangatta to Toowoomba in November 2018. Items were lost or misplaced and other items damaged. Management adamant they had not lost my goods! Foolishly on my part, I signed delivery docket without counting the cartons. It was a most disappointing experience for someone in their late seventies.

Hi Williebros, We regret to hear of your negative experience with your move. So we can follow up with your concerns, can you please email through your name, contact details and job number (R/Plan) to customerservice@alliedpickfords.com.au Regards, Allied Pickfords

Second time we have used Allied Pickfords relocation service.

They were amazing with both moves. With the most recent move Mel and Rees in the Townsville office made it super easy and stress free. Mel was happy to take my phone calls when I had any questions or concerns; she helped organise car and pet relocation too (gave me peace of mind that my fur baby was safe). The packing and unpacking teams were friendly and super efficient; they took great care in moving our 4 bedroom house from Townsville to Brisbane. We will definitely be using Allied Pickfords again in the future. 100% recommend!!

Hi stixcollins, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Best of luck for your new home in Brisbane.

Avery bad experience with this removal company

A 4 bedroom house long distance move. Lot of damage incurred too much to mention here. They have dismantled furniture not assembled again. Tools are missing, all stickers on furniture.

Hi Johan We regret to hear of your negative experience with your move. So we can follow up with your concerns, can you please email through your name, contact details and job number (R/Plan) to customerservice@alliedpickfords.com.au Regards, Allied PickfordsJohan Booyse Cell: 0419964010, Ref.No:1908883Hi Johan, I have passed this onto our National Service Delivery Manager who will review this for you. Regards, Allied Pickfords

Do yourself a favour, never use Allied Pickfords

So let us start out by saying I have used Allied Pickfords before, on a number of occasions actually over the last 20 years including an overseas move. This being the case, I only approached Allied Pickfords for a large move from Brisbane back to Sydney. It was never going to be easy, not with eight people in tow. My in-laws live with us so it makes it more complex. Having used then numerous times before I not only expected a level of care but from prior experience had seen this in action before.

The representative was punctual and actually went through our entire house on two separate occasions to ensure our volumes were correct and everything was catered for. We were assured not once, but twice, that all couches would be wrapped in plastic, that TV's and computers would also be wrapped, that my in-laws furniture and boxes would have a colored sticker attached so that they were easily identified. They even arrange for the containers to be packed in a certain order to ensure when it arrived onsite we could unload into the garage the items that needed storing and the main items would go to the house. My wife's major concern was labeling of boxes as we had arranged for Allied Pickfords to pack for us, and we were assured that all boxes would be clearly marked and labelled.

So the big day arrived, we moved out and the packers moved in. Lets's be honest, moving is stressful and with the reassurances we had received we have no reason to think it could and would go horribly wrong.

So the house got packed and duly loaded into the containers for the train journey to Sydney.

Then the surprises began. Our journey to Sydney involved us driving down, and we had luckily left the trailer behind to take with us. It was lucky because we found a mirror on the wall, not to mention other bits and pieces left behind. At this stage I wasn't overly fussed, given the volume you have to expect one or two items to get missed, although I am not sure how you miss not one but two mirrors.

So in between this, we take out insurance with Allied Pickfords totaling approx $6,000. Big tip, DO NOT TAKE OUT INSURANCE. It is the biggest con job out there, and my lesson has now been learnt as you will yourself learn further down.

So arrival day comes around in Sydney, and bang on time the trucks arrive to deliver our goods. This is unfortunately where the positive experience ends and the nightmare starts.

1) None of the main couches are wrapped, instead they are simply covered in a blanket and each one (and every item of furniture for that matter) has this white tracking sticker on it which we still cannot get off.
2) The containers are not packed in any order, no clue as to whether they were meant to go inside or the garage. Still sorting it out four weeks later.
3) None of the boxes for my in-laws had a colored sticker to identify them, everything at this point is a complete mess.
4) The boxes are labelled, with words like Misc, Tub, Stuff, etc. We eventually found our shoes in a box labelled Misc, really! All packing appears to have been completely random with no way to determine what really came from where.
5) The inventory sheets with the box numbers doesn't match the items in the boxes. Absolutely waste of time.
6) The TV's are safely packed from what we can tell, pity they packed the stands for the said TV's in 1 of the 220 boxes and didn't label them! Eventually found the last one this weekend, in a box labelled hallway and nothing else. Tip guys, writing TV stand on the outside would have saved hours of unpacking!!!
7) Discovered our Apple Mac PC marked as hard-drive, on its side in a box with ZERO packaging. No protection and guess what, it does not work.
8) We still have not found basic items such as hairdryers, washing powder, etc four week on.

Then the delayed impact:-

So this weekend we go to do the garden, pull out the line trimmer, fill the fuel and go to start. Wonder why I have petrol all over my hands (important bit here, PETROL). Ahh, that makes sense. When they packed it in the container, they placed spades on top of it which have sliced the fuel lines completely in half, un-repairable. So, get hold of insurance to whom we paid $6,000 through Allied Pickfords. What a joke, firstly they tell me the replacement model I supplied is not identical (they now know more than Bunnings apparently) to the petrol line trimmer that I have and sent me a link to a cheap electric line trimmer instead with the words that it is under the $100 excess and therefore not covered. Yes, you are correct electric line trimmers do not have petrol tanks but the insurance company sure thinks petrol will work in an electric line trimmer!

Then I discover the Apple Mac is not covered because we didn't tick the box for mechanical cover. So the insurance company are now IT specialists as well who knows how computer hardware works (bearing in mind I have worked in the industry for 26 years).

UPDATE: After objecting, the insurance company has now agreed to pay $99 towards a new line trimmer. Just not worth the fight over the Apple Mac.

Despite attempts to raise these issues with senior management, we have been completely ignored by Allied Pickfords. We are scheduled to move again at the end of this year, and whilst it is absolutely your choice who you want to use, I can assure you that we will never ever use Allied Pickfords again for any of our future moves, which is pretty sad actually after a 20 year history..

Office LocationQLD, Brisbane
Hi RogerG, We regret to hear of your negative experience with your move from Brisbane to Sydney. We strive to deliver a high standard of service on every move and we are sorry that we were unable to do so on this occasion. Please note that we are investigating your concerns and will respond to you privately pending the results of our investigation. Kind regards, Allied Pickfords

Storrage of house contents when travelling around Australia

4 bedroom, into storage for expected two years but ended up four years, then storage 22oklms truck arrived at expected time all contents in A1 condition

Office LocationQLD, Gladstone
Hi Greg, Thank you for your positive review. It is great to hear that we were able to provide you with a safe and easy storage solution.

Fantastic service

I have used Allied's 3 times, 1st a 2 bedroom move from WA to QLD in 2011 then sent 6 large boxes from Mackay QLD to Carnarvon WA 2016 and recently sent a crate from Weshpool WA to Mackay QLD 2018.
They are my go to removalists and freight people when needed. My local branch is Mackay QLD and Craig with his team are a delight to deal with. Nothing is too much trouble and any concerns/queries are answered and dealt with promptly.

Office LocationQLD, Mackay
Hi Kez, Thank you for your good review! We strive to deliver top quality service to all our customers. All the best for your new home in Mackay.

Thanks Gladstone Allied Pickford's Crew

From the moment I rang Allied Pickford's Gladstone to the move of our 5 bedroom house furniture, I could not have been more impressed, very professional and caring, thank you.

Office LocationQLD, Gladstone
Hi Kerry, It is great to hear that our Gladstone team were able to help you with your move! All the best settling in to your new home.

Great Job - Efficient and Economical

The move was a three bedroom house from Cairns to the Illawarra. Great effort from the administrative staff and the uplift crew from Cairns and off load crew from Sydney. All a good bunch of blokes and worked hard and fast and efficiently. Also good communication from the Sydney office arranging the final delivery. All in all, very happy.

Office LocationQLD, Cairns
Hi, Glad to hear that your move out of Cairns went well! Good luck in your new home.

Repeat clients and will use again!

Very happy with cost, availability, care taken and the crew were really great! They did the hardest stuff in a fraction of the time we possibly could for a short distance move! Will be using them again due to amazing service, they were happy to do a small job like ours, very easy to book and available on short notice +++++

Office LocationQLD, Brisbane
Hi Kerris, Glad to hear that your move went well. Best of luck in your new home!

4 Bedroom unit interstate move

We moved interstate from Toowoomba to Echuca and the team at Pickford did a fantastic job. Everything went smoothly without any issues. We would highly recommend them to anyone moving.

Office LocationQLD, Toowoomba
Hi Mick, Thanks for the feedback. Glad to hear everything went well and hope you have settled into your new home in Echuca.

Don’t Trust Them! All Lies.

I had a few items to move. Original sales person was nice and the packers did a good job but that’s the only nice things I can say about them. The manager was ill informed and did not have the correct information and at times was speaking over the top of me when I was trying to explain the situation. Lie after lie they told me it would be delivered within the allocated time frame. Even had a scheduled delivery date that it never arrived on. (Wasn’t even in the same state as me) so no where near ready to deliver. Only reason I got my items delivered almost a week after the scheduled delivery date was because I contacted consumer affairs and my lawyer friend. I had to inform them I would be taking legal action if they didn’t deliver my items and guess what the next day it was at my door (almost an hour late mind you) guess they knew I would win the battle because what they were doing was wrong. My washing machine now has scratches along the side so seriously everyone beware. Keep away from this dodgy company.

Office LocationQLD, Gold Coast

My Marshall amp came with. Boot hole in it

Small amount of household items going from Queensland to Tasmania.
No actual time frame given for delivery so we didn't know what would happen.
When belongings were delivered the fist box out was a Marshall amplifier.. It had a big hole right in the centre of the box that looked to me like a boot mark.
Our tall boy was rickety and needs rebuilding. This was a new item.
I signed a form for damaged goods. The delivery guys who were polite said I would be contacted in a day or so by the devonport office. I was never contacted.
I called the Cairns office and was given direction to insurance, seemed difficult and pointless.
I would say cameras should be used in the loading dock to keep an eye on staff, it's obvious to me some are a little careless and even willful with your belongings. Cameras.. The same as used in aviation baggage areas should be there to keep people in check.
Photos of damaged amplifier can be uploaded
Showing damage. This was a new amp in its original packaging.
The delivery guys and people up in Cairns were nice people who did their jobs well.

Office LocationQLD, Cairns
Hello Buzz, We regret to hear about your negative experience with Allied Pickfords. Can you please provide any further information and contact details so we can follow through on your comments via email - customerservice@alliedpickfords.com.au Regards, Allied Pickfords

Nothing was too much trouble

I recently engaged Allied Pickfords to transfer my home contents from Mackay Q to Brisbane Q. I couldn't be happier with their treatment to me. At all times I was treated with respect. Nothing was too much trouble and they were always cheerful and on time. I was really impressed by their professionalism. I would be very happy to recommend the firm to anyone . Yvonne Quinlan

Office LocationQLD, Mackay
Hi Yvonne, Thanks for the feedback. Happy to hear everything went well and hope you have now settled in your new home in Brisbane