Allied Pickfords Questions & Answers

ACT, NSW, NT, etc...

15 questions from our users

Bob L.

Bob L.asked

NSW, Girraween (Business Relocations Office)

My daughter is moving from Sydney to Tasmania her furniture will only fill half a container.
I believe she has to wait for the container to be filled before it is shipped.
With your experience on average how long will she have to wait for her container to be shipped to Tasmania I realise that you can not give me a definite time period I'm after an average.
cheers Bob Lubout

Nathan R.

Nathan R.asked

Hi what are your payments terms? We would like to pay a decent deposit and not pay the full invoice until the sum of our worldly belongings have arrived at the other end.

Anonymous
Anonymous

I was asked to pay in full otherwise they would not come pick up so I did. when my goods arrived, 2 days before delivery they said they needed to add extra charges for difficult access (this was not previously discussed and to this day I still don’t know the basis of calculation). Again I had to settle the extra fees in full before delivery could take place. They said it’s their “company policy”.

Alex R.

Alex R.asked

hi we tried emailing you and calling you a few times and no reply regarding my move from Australia to Austria. i got an email a few weeks ago that my stuff will arrive last week friday. and its been more than a week and tried emailing and calling and I got zero reply?

Jenniasked

Hi I’m just wondering how a quote can go from one price one day and $1000 more the next day ?
I was quoted a estimate for a move and rang up a few days later and she told me same volume estimate but $1000 more
It’s a case of your work against there as she claimed she never quoted that but confirmed with my husband that’s what I said as soon as I got off phone

Gerry
Gerry

Hi Jenni. The quote that I received from Allied Pickfords was a written quote as were the quotes from other companies.
Only the company in question would be able to explain the difference in the quotes that you received. The bottom line is to ensure that you get all quotes in writing.

Jenni

Well yes definitely understanding this now as they can just change it when ever they like. Just abit ticked off that they can change it so much with same info but say they never said that..!!

Hi Jenni,
Thank you for your question.
Our consultants quote jobs based on the information provided during either a home visit or phone call. Your estimate over the phone may have changed for various reasons, such as items requiring special packing/crating or updated information on access to your home. We would like to follow this up for you and provide you with an accurate written quote for your move. If you can please email through your contact details to quotes@alliedpickfords.com.au we will be able to assist.

emma

emmaasked

is it normal to pay before the pickup? please help i have been searching and looking for days on who to move with.

Ardeshir
Ardeshir

Hi,
I am sure that we should not pay full amount in advance. You need to hold a part of that and pay at end otherwise they dont care what service they are giving!!!!! I had bad expriance with poor quality with Allied last month and my hand was off !!!
I made a review for them and i didnt get proper answer from them. I really upset with this company.
I advise, Dont pay full amount in advance.
Regards

Ann W

Ann Wasked

Just wondering if you disassemble beds? I would be in the position where i can't but the house will be manily boxed up but will need the heavy stuff washer dryer tv fridge etc..beds disassembled.

Allied P.Allied Pickfords

Hi Ann. As part of our standard service we would disassemble beds for transport and reassemble them at your new home. We have various packing options available depending on the items and your service requirements. Please feel free to give us a call on 132554 so we can discuss further how we can assist.

elaine

elaineasked

Anyone can share me their successful experience how to claim back their looses items from Allied Pickfords and insurance company.I found it is difficult to get back from them .and cannot really reach through their management team.

Hi Elaine,

I have had to do this twice:

1. International relocation. Some minor items damaged. I contacted my move manager (or relocation specialist from Allied Pickfords) and she put me in contact wit the international move claim department. After that I submitted an online claim and after 2 weeks I followed up. After my follow up all was settled and they paid the claim (again, minor and reasonable things).

2. Recently, local move in Sydney. I contacted my move manager and she put me in contact with their insurance company. They contacted me and explained the claim process to me. I just very recently submitted the claim documents and they confirmed they have received them and they are reviewing the case. If I don't hear back from them I will follow up in 2 weeks.

The key to all this: contact your move manager. Mine was great and she got back to me right away. If yours is not getting back to you, contact the sales person that you went to contract with, they are usually pretty good too.

The best of luck.

Lynley

Lynleyasked

Please can I have contacts details for the national delivery service manager? Email and phone number

Hi Lynley.
Sure, you can contact our National Service Delivery Manager via email at customerservice@alliedpickfords.com.au

Chicky

Chickyasked

Hi
can you tell me if we need to use your packing boxes and if not do you quote quantity or weight?

Hi Chicky,
Thanks for your question. You can use your own boxes, however boxes can not weigh more then 30kg. We will quote on the total volume. If you would like to discuss this further, please feel free to give us a call on 132 554 or request a quote via our website alliedpickfords.com.au

Ashleigh Gleeson

Ashleigh Gleesonasked

Hi, my boxes have been shipped from the UK and I was told they would arrive on 23/9. I have been trying to get hold of someone to find out where my boxes are as I haven't heard anything! I have called about 6 times and no one answers and no calls me back. My reference number is AP1132867. Please get back to me asap!

Allied P.Allied Pickfords

Hello Ashleigh, I understand one of our staff members has made contact regrading the above. If you have any other queries please message us.
Regards,
Allied Pickfords.

evvvvv
evvvvv

I'm in this exact same situation! I chose door-to-door shipment from London to Sydney, it's been a month since the estimated delivery and I'm getting really frustrated!

needtomove
needtomove

I'm thinking about using Allied, did they help resolve you issue?

Susannaasked

We will appreciate it we can get a response from a senior operations manager at Allied Pickfords. Our furniture was delivered on 23 June 2016, in Murrumbateman NSW from Perth, WA. One item is a 380 kg Table saw which could not be downloaded due to weight and not the right equipment has gone missing. After many phone calls we were advised by the ACT branch manager that the Saw has been misplaced and now in Darwin. We were advised yesterday (18 July) that the Table saw is expected by train in Sydney on Thurs 21 Jul. We are utterly disappointed that Allied Pickfords does not take this matter seriously. We expected that all steps necessary be taken to fix their mistake, and consider all options for instance: trucked directly or flown directly . It appears that the slowest method was chosen to get it back to Murrumbateman. Can we please get a set delivery date?

Allied P.Allied Pickfords

Hello Susanna, can you provide your contact details via private message so I can follow up on this matter.
Regards, Allied Pickfords

Susanna

Allied Pickfords, Please give a number or email that I can respond to, if I reply here it will be public. There is suppose to be a review resolution button but cannot find it on my screen.

Allied P.Allied Pickfords

Please email our National Service Delivery Manager - james.dickson@alliedpickfords.com.au with your details and so we can follow through on your comments.

Thanks Allied Pickfords

Sharon

Sharonasked

Do you move a car from Sydney to Toowoomba?

Allied P.Allied Pickfords

Hello Sharon, thank you for the question. If your are moving your household contents with Allied Pickfords we can also coordinate the move of your vehicle. However if you only require to move your vehicle your best to contact one of our preferred suppliers CEVA on 13 2277.

k00paz

k00pazasked

Hi there I have some stuff in storage in Tasmania it all fits in a moving truck was wondering how much it would cost from Burnie in Tasmania to point cook in melbourne?

Allied P.Allied Pickfords

Hello k00paz, please contact our Devonport branch on 03 6423 2600 to discuss your move to Melbourne.

Angie.
Angie.

Go to another company. DON'T use Allied Pickfords!!!!

AJB

AJBasked

My leather sofas and chairs have sticky " furry " residue left from packing,
Have tried all sorts to remove this, nothing works!
How can I remove it?

Allied P.Allied Pickfords

Hello AJB, thank you for the question. It's unusual to have any 'furry' residue left from packing. Can you please send a message with your name and contact details so we can investigate further.

Steve04

Steve04asked

Has anyone used Allied Pickfords in Brisbane and had missing goods?

nathan shorten
nathan shorten

things go missing because there is sometimes more than one job in a container. To ensure for a safe solid load these jobs are sometimes mixed up for loading purposes. These items are found eventually and the situation rectified asap.

sunnigirl46
sunnigirl46

I used them last year and there was a 'stopover' in Brisbane where lots of our things went missing. Mostly tools. They were never found.

Yes, we moved from QLD via Brisbane to Melbourne and they failed to deliver one item and deilivered at least 3 damaged items at Melbourne. We paid $$$$ for insurance and they still dont want to pay up a couple of hundred dollars to replace a missing item because they didnt write items individually on the inventory list. Recommendation: get your bogan mates to move your furniture, at least you know who's breaking or stealing your stuff on the way..... Fail SIRVA /Allied Pickfords, I wont recommed your company....

Get an answer from our members and Allied Pickfords representatives