Alpha Finance Questions & Answers

Listing monitored by Alpha Finance

43 questions from our users

Cindyasked

Hello,

My partner got rent to own lease nearly five years ago,
Was just wondering if lease can be transferred into my name so I can pay rest of lease and costs when buying at end of lease.

Thanks.

M m.
M m.

Read contract no it's clearly states you cannot transfer, sub lease or sell the car, hope it helps

Cindy

Can I continue to pay the lease with his permission and at end of lease when buying can I be at Alpha with roadworthy and get transferred into my name without him being there.

Adamasked

Be very careful. Currently at end of lease and they are now stating I must re register car In their name prior to them transferring it into my name. Nothing has ever been said about this all I was told is to pay the residual amount and provide a road worthy certificate. They have now blocked my emails and will not return my calls at all. I have contacted fair trading and will be contacting the financial ombudsman tomorrow. Absolutely disgusting the way they have treated me . Stay away from alpha car finance.

Alan S.Alpha Finance

Hi Adam, Your statement is not entirely factual as through multiple conversations with you, our team has advised you on the best course of action for your particular situation. This includes the solution previously provided to you of staying in your vehicle 4 months past your lease end date at no additional charge. Our team will contact you again over the next few days to finalise your lease.

Adam

I've been waiting for a call all day . My emails and calls have not been responded too at all.

Adam

Furthermore I have contacted fair trading and they have advised me I can take this further with the information I provided them. Including the email chain with alpha staff and the email sender from alpha stating I only need to pay residual and road worthy for car to be transferred to me. Lies lies lies

Mia N.
Mia N.asked

Hi there i have currently been with you guys for 3 years now and my life style has change alot I currently have 3 kids under 5 all with additional needs and the car im currently financing is to small. Would I be eligible for an upgrade? Are you still doing upgrades?

Alan S.Alpha Finance

Hi Mia, thanks for reaching out to us. Can you please give us a call on 1300 257 426 and select option 2

Lee
Leeasked

I'm wanting to upgrade my car as it is no longer suited to my lifestyle. Have been in contract since 15 months. How can I do this?

Adam WillisAlpha Finance

Morning Lee. Our previous upgrade process meant that you needed to be in the car for 2 years before you were eligible for an upgrade. This policy has been reviewed recently and we are currently not offering upgrades. If you wish to discuss specifics please call us on 1300257426. Thanks

john
johnasked

I am near the end of my contract and have driven less than 80000 km. Now my car is falling apart, Fuel pump, Steering Solenoid, high beam control failure, etc. I know I am responsible for repairs, but has anyone had any success with company helping with cost, especially with a car hardly driven.

Adam WillisAlpha Finance

Morning John, As you have mentioned the upkeep on the car is part of your responsibility. If you are coming up on the end of your lease I would suggest that you call to discuss your particular circumstance with your account manager. You can reach us on 1300257426. Hope this helps.

Cyn
Cynasked

Hi
Might be a dumb question....but if I return the vehicle is the deposit refunded??? Or is there a cooling off period if I change my mind?

Adam WillisAlpha Finance

Hi Cyn, thanks for the question. The deposit is not refunded as this goes towards car prep. Because this is a consumer lease there is no cooling off period, but our friendly staff do explain the agreement in full at our branches.

Gary L.
Gary L.asked

Is there any payment relief coming from alpha finance cause of this pandemic?

Adam WillisAlpha Finance

Hi Gary, if you haven't done so already, I suggest you contact our friendly team who can discuss personal options during this time. We are always happy to listen and assist through this period.

Carlyasked

I'm wanting to upgrade my car as it is no longer suited to my lifestyle. How can I do this?

george
george

you can do that by contacting Alpha

Melissa H.
Melissa H.asked

Hi I was wanting to know what happens if the car is written off in an accident? I understand the vehicle would be insured for both myself and someone else if I am at fault. BUT what happens if it is a write off half way through the contract? Do you get a new car? Does the contract end? What happens to the payments. Please reply thank you

Carly

You need to call them, but be prepared to either have to hire another car or put up with no car for months on end

Pat
Patasked

I have been renting a vehicle for $199 a week for the past 5 months, up to date with payments and the car is now due for a service. Who is responsible for service?..Called Alpha finance and they have no idea. Zzzz

petermangion
petermangion

You are responsible for all services to the vehicle under a lease its in your contact but if its just being rented/hired and not Under a lease they are.

Losa L.
Losa L.asked

What happens when my vehicle has been repossessed? What are my options or what happens now?

Adam WillisAlpha Finance

We value all feedback and welcome the opportunity to discuss the specific details of any matter. It’s best to always communicate with us if you are having trouble repaying so we can come up with a plan together. We will work with you in a fair, ethical and moral manner to resolve the issue. Please feel free to contact your account manager on 1300 257 426 to determine your options.

Doesnt matter
Doesnt matter

Losa L . How was your car repossessed? Did they send a sleezy guy in a silver car to stalk you and your house , with dark tinted windows that wound the window up when you stop to ask him if hes ok and only wound it down 2 inches after asking him a second time, this was after being caught taking photos!! And then have that same guy caught on cctv walking up the road then sneaking up your driveway whilst your sitting out front at 9.15 am and scrapping the front of the car on the driveway as reversing out quickly? Then not returning calls or emails after you have reported the car stolen to police? Not giving a damn about personal belongings in the car , like baby carseats etc, all this after no contact since 09/2017... as for their answer on your question to contact your account manager , pffft i had about 5 different ones in a short amount of time, there is no compassion, fair , ethical or moral manner from [name removed], in fact does he even still work there as emails sent to him had been returned , and [name removed], my suggestion to you is get out of this company really quick before you loose your compassion, fair, ethical or moral manner .... so Losa L take your matter further and dont give in to their bullying...

savvas M.
savvas M.

We will work with you in a fair ethical and moral manner... Make sure you know your rights, make sure you know your rights as they are rude ignorant and don’t give a crap about you, take it as far as you can,

El F.
El F.asked

how would one go to break the lease? Been offered a job overseas and am seriously considering it.. Thnx

Simon

I would be very careful how you word this to them. I also don't like you're chances. Money hungry grubs likes this company lock you in to these contracts so you can't get out of them without destroying your credit rating. I recommend calling the finance ombudsman first mate and seeing what your rights are.

Easy say you can’t afford the payments they then will immobilise your car come pick it up( because the car is in there name and it’s insured under them) and then you might get a default on your file, which at first might harm your credit rating, but if your overseas it doesn’t matter plus these days defaults and marks on your credit file don’t matter you can pay people to remove them, plus they didnt give you money they gave you a busted up car an ex-rental, that’s what I would have done., if they say to me we will immobilise the car I say, sure why not come and collect it as well.

Probably won't seeing as they put there payments up....
When I first applied for the car which I wish I didn't do, the Lady at Tullamarine said to me, if I wanted to cancel my contract after 1 year the total I would be looking at repaying will be around 15,000...crap I know....I've had my car coming up 3 years now, when I asked how much it will cost me to cancel my contract they told me 16,000 I would have to pay???? Don't know how it got to that price when a car value goes down not up???
Go to the ombudsmen.. because I'm thinking of doing the same

Hev L.
Hev L.asked

Hi. I recently got a vehicle from your guys...2 weeks ago actually. It was smashed into by another driver, car was legally parked in front of my home.
What happens if the car is declared a write off? Do I get another car? To similar value of the one I first had?
Hev

Adam WillisAlpha Finance

This is very similar to any insurance situation. Your contract includes an excess of $2,500. If deemed by our insurer that the other party was at fault you may be entitled to receive $1,000 back. Alpha Finance endeavours to process the accident claim as efficiently and effectively as possible but there could be a delay of up to 13 weeks.

Should the vehicle be written off and the damage covers the value of the vehicle, we would need to enter into a new agreement with you for a replacement vehicle. For more information please call our claims team on 1300 257 426.

Simon

There a bunch of lieing manipulative dogs ae mate.GO to finance ombudsman mate and also get a lawyer that's what I'm in the process of doing.

We all need to go to the ombudsmen together a do an official Complaint...it's nonsense how you still have to pay, then they say they will give u a little money back!!!

Lewis
Lewisasked

Just wanting to know is the vehicle under your name with qld transport so if i get pulled over by the police and they ask whos car it is am i saying mine or alpha and i want to know when my rego is due how so i find out that?

Julie
Julieasked

Sam R
Sam Rasked

Hi There, i have few questions to ask you and would really appreciate if you could answer all of them one by one.
1. What is your interest rate?
2. Does your vehicles comes with 90 days dealers warranty? If so, will you be fixing any issue within the time frame irrespective of how big or small it is?
3. Does your vehicles have manufacturer's warranty on them like hyundai offers 5years unlimited warranty? As per my knowledge inorder to have manufacturer's warranty, vehicle needs to be serviced according to manufacturer's recomendations, are your vehicles serviced accordingly.
4. Will the vehicle registration be transfered to my name at the end of 5 years term.

Hope to get answers to these question.

Thanks.

Simon

This company offers no warranty mate, servicing has to be done bye yourself and paid for bye yourself and at the end of the contract mate you have a balloon payment you have to make to keep the vehicle.. All in all mate.. You won't win with alpha.. These people pray on people with not so good credit mate and lock them in to a contract that will bury you should you not keep up with the contract.. My advice.. Stay the away from these people bro they are trouble

Betty A.
Betty A.

omg i know now im going through this

gazzaasked

anybody ever had to hand a vehicle back ??from loosing their job and not being able to afford it??what happened after handing it back

Good morning Gazza,
That is a great question,thank you. I would be more than happy to discuss your current situation, answer any questions you have and explore options that may assist you while you get back on track. Please call 1300 25 74 26 and ask for Richard, Senior Credit Manager.

Tim C
Tim C

Ive had the worst experience with Alpha after having a accident in the car i was renting to buy, not at fault at all as i was rear ended at a train crossing.
since then i had car repaired etc, lost my job due to no car and couldnt afford repayments at that time.
they took back car and now i have found out today i owe $41000 for a car i no longer have in my possession.
No compassion, as soon as i missed the payment after accident they had started their crap.
Crooks!!

thats not good

Brett s
Brett sasked

With alpha finance at the end of the contract, do you get to keep the car?

Rebecca S
Rebecca S

You get an opportunity to purchase the car from the company.

Adam WillisAlpha Finance

Hi Brett, to answer your question, all Alpha Car Finance customers have the opportunity to own their car outright. In most instances, customers just need to let us know that is what they want to do, and then continue to pay the same repayment amount for the next 13 weeks/3months. At the end of this period, we will sign over the registration and the car is yours to keep driving or to sell and upgrade to your next Alpha Car Finance contract

Nmf
Nmfasked

Am I able too swap my car for a bigger suv /mini van please as I do home care it’s really had to shove a walker or scooter in a tiny micra

cha cha
cha chaasked

If I have a medical cert for driving now and I have lost my opens due to health issues in past months and hardly use the car now probably 2 times a fortnight that's it my hubby just runs the car. I am 3 years into my contract how do I get out of this please?

Nigel SellersAlpha Finance

Please feel free to email us directly at nigel@alphacompanies.com.au so we can assess your specific case.

Get an answer from our members and Alpha Finance representatives