Alvey 650CB

Alvey 650CB

5.0 from 1 review

Alvey 650C has never failed me now or in the future guaranteed!!

A very confident reel, that will take 600meters plus of 9kg line and will take every bad tempered fish you will catch with it and shrug it off for another!

The reel is made in Australia and comes with the typical Alvey 'TT&T' Tried - Tested and Trusted design philosophy, that has lasted since the first Alveys were made all those years ago.

I've owned my Alvey for the last 8 years and it has been a very faithful companion while beach fishing and or live baiting for Jew, Flatties and Jacks. I have it matched to an Alvey Surf Champion 2 piece rod and have god knows how many meters of 7 kilo maxima loaded onto the reel, however it casts like a dream and it will easily reach far gutters and go past the inner breakers of a typical beach.

I service my reel regularly with a good quality marine grease and Inox PTFE oil, which keeps the reel super smooth, however the drag washers are Teflon and should be left dry but should be inspected for sand ingress that could cause premature wear and destroy the actual washers.

I think very highly of such a simply constructed reel, which is an institutional reel in Australian fishing circles. I think that most people should buy one and experience the pleasure that one of these reels give, go get one and wet a line and catch a big fish and it'll show you what real fishing is without all the bling that new spinning reels have, and these Alvey's will last you a life time - unlike the plastic fantastic stuff that can cost you more than 3 times of an Alvey.

I love Alvey for life!
Simplicity, ease of care, can drop them into the sand and surf and still use for a week without maintenance and have no issues at all - this is a bomb proof reel! Outcasts typical fishing reels!!!
Slightly heavy on a large surf rod setup - you will need a gimbal belt for long periods of holding it. Otherwise none other...

Can Product Review please change this review to the Alvey 650C5 as the 650CB does not exist on Alvey's stock list. Thanks Andrew.