1.4

JoVialSydney Surrounds, NSW

Terrible quality

Linda

LindaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

couldn't organise a beer in a brewery!

Horrible quality

Ordered the Orient bunk bed online and mattress. Deliver was prompt and mattress was good but bunk bed was so horrible quality is a nightmare to put together. There were holes were there weren't meant to be, and lots of things didn't align. My tradie husband had to go to Bunnings to buy special tools for his screw gun to put together and it was still nearly impossible. The instructions said you can put it together in 45 minutes and provided an Allen key which is literally useless. He has been a tradie for 18 years and even he struggled for hours. Absolutely ridiculous. Not a cheap bed either. Paid nearly $500 for it. It's flimsy and the wooden planks are a joke. Things were breaking as we were trying to put it together. Not happy.

LEC

LECMelbourne Australia

Beware the absurdly outrageous delivery cost

After venturing kilometres to some godforesaken suburb to purchase a footstool, I was told it was an "online exclusive" - whatever that hell that means - and the item was not in-store. I then spent 45 minutes online locating said footstool (and an outdoor chair) at total cost of $128. I entered my delivery and credit card details online. I was just about to finalise the order by credit card, when I saw that the price had mysteriously increased to $239! That meant the delivery fee was an exorbitant $111! $111 for two small items! I immediately cancelled the order and jumped online to vent my outrage at the absurdity of a delivery fee of $111. What a rort! Never, ever again. #AVOID

Poor customer service

Had a lounge delivered that I found damaged when i opened the box. Called customer service with issue, i sent photos, had to call back 3 hours later as there was no reply. Told they have 1 in stock and would replace 3 days later. Called on the morning of delivery and was told they knew nothing about it. Then had to wait another 5 days for delivery as thats all that was available. Very poor customer service and not caring for the customer. No compensation or apology for the inconvienience. And the lounge was similar prices to other shops, only difference was that it was in stock.

SalMid North Coast, NSW

Shipping costs and misleading website

Ordered two items on line, the shipping jumped from $40.40 to $198.00 once i had hit the proceed payment button. Rang straight away, but was told they are unable to change or cancel the order. Very poor customer service.

Sal

Amart called the next day and cancelled the order at my request. From very unhelpful customer service to great customer service.

Truthforvalue

TruthforvalueSouth East Queensland, QLD

Pathetic delivery service - dont bother

Online Exclusive Joke Delivery Cost

The wife just found the perfect chair and coffee table (thank god I don't need to keep looking). Reasonably priced "online exclusives" from Amart. Pop them into the cart and... $216 delivery fee (I live metro in a capital city). Almost 50% more than what the 2 items cost. Then to get told "the courier sets the fee we have no involvement". Thats crap if every I've heard it. The massive fridge and TV I got delivered together cost me a third of that. Way to take advantage of the Covid Situation Amart.

Dave S

Dave SSydney, NSW

False and misleading !!!!!

My gripe is simple ... it is illegal in Australia to advertise product pricing EXCLUDING GST and then add it in the checkout. I was shopping away all happy because i liked the look of a bunch of their stuff and the price was great then .....BOOM !!!
... i got to the checkout :(

That is all.

Cheeky flockers

Ram

Ram

Bad customer service

I bout a Queen bed frame and a DREAM ELEGANCE 1000 COMFORT Queen Mattress online. The day when i received, i myself assembled and tried the mattress. I like the bed frame but not the mattress. I kept the mattress aside, raised a complaint. I have been redirected to online claims, then to stores , then to connected again back to stores. They said they can't do anything as this falls into change of mind and not able to accept because i have taken the mattress out of the plastic cover. How can i test the mattress with cover?

Maria

MariaHunter Region, NSW

Rutherford store excellent customer service

Amart furniture website navigation is quite good. My experience with placing an order was smooth and quick. Unfortunately, I had to cancel my order due to the very negative product and customer service reviews on this product review page.
I dealt with Emma at Rutherford store and she exceeded my expectations. Emma was very professional, friendly and diplomatic in explaining the process of cancellation. After all she had to protect the business she represents but at the same time she did everything to provide very satisfying customer service.
Maria Mowczan

Andy.Z

Andy.ZSouth East Queensland, QLD

Never and ever amart again

Brought over $5K of furnitures from amart sofa and etc.) last year. The sofa's armrest broken last month. I asked for 10 years warranty care and came back as because it's my fault (sit on armrest once), it's not gonna cover under 10 years' warranty. Thats a smart excuse Amart!
I never see any kind leather sofa's armrest gonna break that easy just cuz someone sit on it once!

Product Appearance Not as advertised
Super Amart
Amart FurnitureSuper Amart

Unprofessional

bad service. Ordered online and had to call so many times to confirm my order. Then they said will arrive in a couple of months and totally forgot about it, didn't get back. I again had to call them to remind and after a lot of searching they said sorry can't process with your order, we don't have the stock. Pathetic unprofessional store. Never gonna buy from them again.

cowboy2321

cowboy2321South East Queensland, QLD

Amart Lounge

Unfortunately I have to agree with previous lowly reviews. I purchased a Bohemia lounge and around 3.5 years old it began flaking leather I also purchased the protection package with included leather cleaner was used thoroughly but had my claim rejected by the 3rd party company as it only covers this for 3 years. Yeah I could say I got 3 plus years out of it, but to me that really isn't a pass. Will just be contributing to unnecessary landfill. Couldn't consider any future furniture purchases from them.

Nicole

NicoleSydney, NSW

Valentina bed! Already broken

Had my bed (Valentina) for a month and a half and its already broken. Theres a little leg in the middle of the bed and it broke. Now theres a big dip in the middle of the bed as the metal bar down the bed is now bent. Maybe Good for kids, definitely not average sized adults.

Ramon

RamonGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Expect no refund policy for unpacked defective products. Get shocking customer service to find resolution.

Shayla

ShaylaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Cheap garbage

Products are ridiculously awful, furniture is made of sawdust and barely lasted a year before not only cutting itself in half but also impaling my mattress in the process, so now my 6 month old mattress has a hole in the bottom of it. Photos are of the centre support beam with the leg that went straight through it.

Jade

Jade

Great vaule extremely fast delivery

Great vaule for money I have saved so much on fea tablets and shampoo and delivery has been as fast as one day couldn't believe it! Definitely a great online store.

Disgraceful!

We purchased an outdoor item in November last year. It has completely deteriorated and Amart has wiped their hands of it saying that they won’t do anything as it was caused by the weather. It’s an outdoor item!!!!! Would never ever recommend anyone to buy from Amart.

Very Poor service

Mis-information from Caringbah store cost me $160 for a delivery, stock showing as available, not available. All round very poor experience. I would not shop at this store again ever.