Amart Furniture QLD, Beenleigh

Don't buy any of their flat pack furniture

I bought a set of drawers that came in a flat packk. I was assured by the staff member it was easy to put together. Ii assumed it would be similar to IKEA flat packs, of which I have bought quite a few and had no trouble putting together. Not so, every piece had to be scewed on and there were several hundred screws. I also discover that the material it is made of is quite fragile and cracks easily. It would also need to be put together in a workshop, because seceral pieces need bracing to attach them.

Terrible quality and service

We purchased a lounge suite 2 years ago and we have had to have it repaired due to it breaking in a number of places. When 6 months later it fell to pieces again I once again put in a claim. The leather doctor "technician" did not bother to contact me at all, but when I put in a complaint about not hearing from him I was told by Super Amarts "customer care" department that I had to chase him up myself. I tried to call him and got no answer. I emailed customer care again in December and was told the technician is on holidays and he would be in contact with me. 3 weeks later I have once again tried to call the technician to be called back by another technician to say my claim had been cancelled and I would have to put through the claim again. I have spent nearly an hour on hold to the customer care department and it is a total water of my time! This company has been nothing but rude and unhelpful! Do not buy anything from this company!!

Edit: After speaking to Super Amart customer service I was blamed for the situation and was told I had to "relax". The technician attended my house a week ago and I took the day off work for him to attend. He then did nothing to fix the issues but one part that had metal producing from the recliner making it really unsafe for my children. He said he would have to get approval from Super Amart to do anything else. This was a week ago and I have not heard anything from either the technician or the company.

Happy with solution

Many thanks to the Amart Beenleigh store and manager for providing a solution we could all live with. After a very unhappy time with issues, they have gone above and beyond to find a solution that keeps everyone happy. Our new furniture has been delivered, is assembled, and best of all looks great. Thanks again to the Amart manager.

Shop LocationQLD, Beenleigh
Hi Donna, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave some great feedback! We will be sure to pass this on to the Store and Regional Managers, so everyone involved get the recognition they deserve. Kind regards, Jess and the Super Amart Team

Not happy

I just purchased a booker corner desk empty everything out to find that there are no intructions I'm not happy I need it done so I can study so what am I suppose to do and I had problems with a crap book shelf I expect to get a good service and good product maybe I'm best to shop some where else

Shop LocationQLD, Beenleigh
Hi Wendy, We're so sorry for any inconvenience caused due to your instructions being missing and sincerely apologise for your experience. Would it be possible to please send through an email to socialmedia@superamart.com.au and we will arrange to email those instructions through to you asap? Thank you. Kind regards, Hannah & the Super Amart Team

Ugly Peeling Leather Lounge...Disappointed!

Bought a large 8 seater corner leather lounge with Chaise about 3 years ago which we were happy with but now the leather suddenly started cracking, peeling, flaking and sticking to clothes when you sit on it and makes a mess of the floor. It now looks shabby and embarrassing when we have guests over. I would expect the materials to last a lot longer than it has and I don't know what to do about it except to buy a new lounge from elsewhere. Very disappointing!

Shop LocationQLD, Beenleigh
Hi Nga, Thank you for taking the time to get in touch with your feedback. We're very sorry to hear you're having issues with your lounge and apologise for this. Would it be possible to send through an email detailing your sales order number, best contact number and store of purchase to socialmedia@superamart.com.au so I can look into this asap for you? Thank you. Kind Regards, Hannah & the Super Amart Team

Terrible Sofas and even worse customer service. Dont buy bonded leather!

I Purchased 2 bonded leather Crystal sofas (One 3 seat and one chaise with bed) on 6/2/2012 for a total of $1565.04. I Have cared for the Sofas as recommended and the 2 adult occupants both weigh under 80kgs, however, both frames of the sofas have started to sag and padding in the arm rests has moved which has started to warp the shape of the arm rests and the Bonded leather has started to lift and peel on both sofas and has left an aweful mess in my house as it falls off. I Tried to put a warranty claim into have the issues looked at on 24/10/14 and was told the bonded leather was only covered under warranty for 2 years and it had been nearly 2 years 9 months. I was also told the frames could be repaired but i would be left with bonded leather that was pretty much non existant, or the other option was a $600 'good will' store credit for the beenleigh store.

I understant the furniture at Amart isn't top shelf and didnt expect it to last forever but i would of hoped to get more than 3 years out of a Sofa, I purchased a full house setting for approx $4000 with all my savings in 2012 from Amart and expected it to last at least 5 years, but am now left with Sofas that are ready for the scrap heaps and i will have to trade in my 2 Sofas with Sofa bed for 1 sofa to the value of or less than $600 (I have a young family struggling to make ends meats and can not afford to add the addition $900+ to get my original Sofas), and am also not confident that i will get over 2.5 years of use out of my $600 Sofa and will have to throw that in the bin again and look for a new one.

Shame on you Amart!!! You sell inferior products that make it just ousite warranty so people are forced to buy again and your produsts end up in landfill after just 3 years. I wish i had of had the money at the time to invest in a decent set of Sofas!

Shop LocationQLD, Beenleigh
Hey Justin, We're very sorry to hear you're unhappy with your sofas, and do apologise for any inconvenience caused. Are you able to please send through your sales order number and full name to socialmedia@superamart.com.au so I can follow this up with the team at Beenleigh? Thank you. Kind Regards, Hannah & The Super A-Mart TeamIts been 6 months now and still havent heard anything back!

Don't believe the warranty offered by Super AMart

I paid almost $4000.00 for a leather 3 seater + recliner and received 10 years warranty - the furniture has had little use for the past five years and now falling apart. I contacted Super Amart and was told the warranty only covered the timber frame, not the entire lounge suite. Nowhere in the receipt (Tax Invoice) does is it limit the warranty to timber. The personnel dealt with at Supper Amart were less than helpful.

False Advertising

Shop LocationQLD, Beenleigh
Hi D.Mac. We would like to help you with this if you can contact us at feedback@superamart.com.au. Until we see exactly what you purchased, when and what your receipt says I cannot give you a definite answer on what is covered, however our general warranty policy is found here: http://www.superamart.com.au/customer-service/warranties Generally, although we offer a 10 year structural warranty on our 100% leather lounges (e.g the frame and where the context dictates, the foam, foundation and mechanisms), the upholstery of a 100 % Leather Upholstered Product, is for a period of 3 years only. However, we ask that you please contact our head office at feedback@superamart.com.au as we want to sort this out for you to see if this is the case for you and help you where we can.Hi D.Mac. We would like to help you with this if you can contact us at feedback@superamart.com.au. Until we see exactly what you purchased, when and what your receipt says I cannot give you a definite answer on what is covered, however our general warranty policy is found here: http://www.superamart.com.au/customer-service/warranties Generally, although we offer a 10 year structural warranty on our 100% leather lounges (e.g the frame and where the context dictates, the foam, foundation and mechanisms), the upholstery of a 100 % Leather Upholstered Product, is for a period of 3 years only. However, we ask that you please contact our head office at feedback@superamart.com.au as we want to sort this out for you to see if this is the case for you and help you where we can.