Amart Furniture QLD, Townsville

Impressive service, sales, and after sales service

Having recently purchased a house, I looked to Amart for kitchen, bedroom, and lounge furniture. Sales people were professional, and greeted us with a smile. They were obliging and very (very) patient. Whatever they didn’t have on site was ordered and delivery dates were spot on.
Delivery and warehouse people were professional and friendly.
We did need to put together our beds, dining table and bar stools. Instructions and diagrams were easy to follow. The necessary hex key, screws, nuts and washers were all there. The table we purchased ended up being too big but Amart. We returned it to Amart no problems, no fuss. We just had to wait 4 days as he had to come up from Brisbane. The young lady we dealt with, Jenny, was great. Overall, we can’t fault Amart or it’s staff.

Warranty Claim MadeNo

San Marco Recliner Suite

Purchased 1 x 3 seater and 2 x electric recliners. When first delivered the 3 seater had wear scratches/Mark's on it and loose stitching. Amart replaced promptly with no issues. About 6 month in the two single recliners started squeaking/creaking, repair man was sent out numerous times and it was decided that the best option was to replace. On day of delivery for the replacements the store contacted me and advised that they had tested the recliners before sending and they squeaked too. So they would send me 2 different ones the following day. I was thankful that they tested them before sending. Received the replacements and 1 week in one of the recliners had a horrendous squeek/creak, worse than the original ones. The noise was coming from the inside of the backrest as well as when the footrest was put out. Repair man came, Amart agreed to give a full refund and collect the couch. The customer service was amazing however the product was not.

Mislead about delivery date

Purchased a lounge suite almost 3 weeks ago. Was told it would take two weeks to arrive. Rang at 2 weeks and was told it will be another 2 weeks and was given some spiel about changing delivery companies and changing from 2 to 1 warehouse. You can’t tell me they were not aware this was happening. If they were honest from the start we would have shopped somewhere else. Had taken a number of years to shop there after a previous bad experience. So looks like I will be enjoying my camping chairs for awhile yet as we had put our old one out for the kerbside collection. Not a happy camper!!

Ok

Bought a large leather lounge suite off the floor, had problems with the electric recliners but they came round and and fixed it a couple of time.

Highly disgusting service.

We came in and got a quote for our couches. Less than a week later we go back to get them and the price had gone up (wasn't told this during quote). We were charged full price which we agreed too because we are reasonable people. You said it would all be in stock to collect today which helped our decision to buy. However only half of it was in stock. The other half we aren't getting for another 2 weeks. The finance lady behind the counter couldn't muster up a smile or any social skills. The absolute joke of delivery. EVERY other place i have paid this much for delivery it includes setting up the product and removing the cardboard. The 2 delivery drivers kept telling us it wasn't their job to even get it through the doors. They were so rough with our brand new couches that they broke my ceremic ornimate throughout. We had to put it all together and move it and throw away all the cardboard ourselves.
We won't be back.

Kinross recliner chair

Very happy with my single recliner. Thought it would be difficult to assemble but you have 2 pieces and they slide into each other with hardly any effort. The back cushion is very comfortable. The chair was on sale for $199 (rrp $399). Great choice plus service & delivery excellent.

Great outcome

Had a problem with my lounge but the manager resolved the problem straight away will keep shopping there. Very happy with the customer service I received from the store.

Shop LocationQLD, Townsville
Hi Caz, Thanks for sharing your feedback with us, we are so happy to hear you had a great experience with our team at Townsville. Kind regards, Tom and the Super Amart Team

Peeling couch - unacceptable

Bought a lovely crystal 3 seater black bonded leather couch. Couch is now 3 years old & it is peeling which makes it look awful & leaves black bits all over anyone who sits on it. Peeling warranty is only for 1 year but structural is 5 years. Not happy at all!! I have always bought my furniture from Amart but next time it will be from elsewhere! I have emailed amart & have not been responded too, I am not happy!

Shop LocationQLD, Townsville
Hi Alison, We're so sorry to hear you're unhappy with your couch and for any inconvenience caused. I'd like to follow this up and see if there's anything more we might be able to do to assist you with this. Are you able to please send through your sales order number, store of purchase and your best contact number to socialmedia@superamart.com.au so I can look into this asap? Thank you for your feedback and we hope to hear from you soon. Kind regards, Hannah & The Super Amart Team I have just emailed you. thank youThanks Alison. I've just sent one back :) Kind Regards, Hannah & The Super Amart Team

Excellent Customer Service

On Christmas Eve my son bought a furniture package from the Townsville store. When we unpacked the buffet one of the timber legs was cracked. I phoned the store and spoke to Geoff and he organised to have a replacement buffet delivered on Saturday morning between 7am and 10am. The buffet was delivered at 7.30am. Thank you to the staff for making my son's first big furniture purchase a good experience. From the sales staff, to the admin staff, to the warehouse staff and for rectifying the damaged buffet, your customer service is outstanding.

Shop LocationQLD, Townsville
Hi Deborah, Thanks so much for your feedback. We're thrilled to hear the team at Townsville were able to help you and your son out in time for Christmas. I will be passing your kind words on to management. Kind Regards, Hannah & The Super A-Mart Team

BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE AND PRODUCTS

I purchased a outdoor setting from the Amart store in Townsville, First I was 'undercharged' and was phoned 8pm at night to inform me of this, I was charged $77 less then what I should of been. The sales lady was insisting I come in and pay the amount before my delivery would be complete even tho it was her fault not mine that she undercharged me so I payed the amount over the phone, delivery was ment to be Monday, No delivery had come at 4pm so I rang the store I was told that no delivery had been put in place, this is 4 days after I had payed! Not to mention I purchased a lamp in the same transaction and it was advertised as half price but I never received the discount! I have also purchased other items from there 4 months ago that are falling apart including a 2000 lounge suit and a 400 coffee table!

NOT HAPPY AT ALL AND WONT BE SHOPPING THERE EVER AGAIN.
Luckily Fantastic Furniture is opening in Townsville as I write this.

Shop LocationQLD, Townsville
Hi Kym, Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback and let us know about your experience. We’re very sorry that you were displeased with how the transaction and delivery was handled and apologise for any inconvenience caused. Feedback from our customers is vital in improving our service and I have forwarded your feedback onto the Store Manager at Townsville for review. If you would like to discuss the issues you've had further, please feel free to contact us at socialmedia@superamart.com.au and we can see if we can reach some kind of resolution for you. Kind Regards, Hannah & The Super A-Mart Team

Another amart bonded leather complaint!

I've had my $1500 bonded leather couch for four years, the last two at least covered with throws, it is an absolute disgrace. I do not think it 'reasonable' to expect to change your couch in under 5 years, especially with very minimal usage. I am a real estate agent and know I am not alone, they rarely last past two years, I have seen all too many of these.
I can't believe super amart continue to 'con' customers, which is what they do every time ey sell one of these bonded leather items to people, they should be withdrawn as defective.
Comfortable
Looks like rubbish, only fit for tip

Shop LocationQLD, Townsville
Hi Alex, Thank you for your feedback. We are now looking to provide other affordable lounges instead of the bonded leather range. Regards, Super A-Mart

Terrible customer service and even worse products

We bought a corner lounge suite in 2012, it looks like it has been sitting in the waiting room of hell. We were told by the salesperson who by the way does not work there anymore, that it comes with a five year structural warranty. Myself and my partner emigrated from the UK late 2011, we are used to having such things as 5 year warranty's but apparently A-mart will say anything for a sale. We called and were told that anything over $500 comes with a 1 year warranty only? We told them about our receipt saying 5 year warranty, they said it was a printing mistake. False advertising and lying seem to be their motto. Never buy from them again which is sad because Townsville does not offer much choice. Will report them to the consumer watchdog.

Customer service,no warranty, apparently bad printer, lying staff

Shop LocationQLD, Townsville
Hi Gary. Thank for for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Are you please able to send your contact details to feedback@superamart.com.au? and we will be able to assist you further.

Please Do Not Use Your Australian Dollars Onthese Cheap Exports

Date 16th March, Super Amart Townsville
I would like to vent my frustration regarding the terrible treatment I received from the acting Manager and the way he mishandled my request for refund. The refund request was made after a third table was delivered damaged, to replace a damaged and poor quality dining table.

The acting Manager approached me in an arrogant and aggressive manor, which I can only assume was because I demanded to see him directly after he told the staff member handling my query that he would not authorise a refund. I responded with strong frustration, to which he offered to escort me from the premises.

I made no verbal threats nor displayed any physically threatening behaviour, just frustration at his demeanour but he chose to threaten me with eviction in from of a very busy sales floor and staff. The matter of the refund had been settled 2 weeks before, by the then floor manager, but since then she had left leaving me with having to go through the process again.

To the acting manager I suggest more training in how to become a successful leader and attend a diploma course of business management.

An hour later I received a call from another staff member apologising for the incident and offered to arrange the return and refund of the table, which is what should have been arrange in the first place.

Apart from the degrading treatment I received from one untrained staff member, who was put in a position of power beyond his capabilities, I suggest you all think twice about buying overpriced imports that are of a substandard quality from a company that doesn’t train its managerial staff well.

It is worth noting however that the sales staff that I dealt with were professional and helpful, but Super Amart will not receive any more of my business.

Thank you for reading my rant.

Cheap Overpriced Furniture

Shop LocationQLD, Townsville
We are aware of this incident and apologies. It has been noted and the staff member concerned has been dealt with. Thanks

Very happy customer

I shopped in the Garbutt Qld store today 27th Sat October and was delighted by the excellent customer service by one particular employee. A young lady named [named removed]. Real old fashioned customer service.Well done young lady.I will be back. Do not lose her to another retailer I'm coming back to buy more.
my purchase was well put together and looks great