Amart Furniture TAS, Moonah

Good Customer service, shame about the quality.

We purchased a chest of drawers for my daughter. Flat pack and admittedly not the most expensive brand. However, after assembling the drawers they almost completely fell apart with the wood splitting. I could understand over time due to the cheapness of the product but not the same day. In any event, Amart did refund the money with only requesting photo's of the items and the problem

Warranty Claim MadeNo
Product Appearance As advertised
Store LocationMoonah

Very poor quality control.

These guys have serious quality control issues.
We ordered 4 items - 3 in stock to be delivered, and 1 to come on a separate delivery.
First up, only 2 arrived. One was damaged and had to be swapped. The replacement was ok.

Then the coffee table which was supposed to be in the first delivery arrived a few weeks later. We unboxed it, and the were bits of timber smashed off, and ripped out screws loose in the box.
They replaced it. We received the new one, and it was COMPLETELY smashed. 4×4" wooden legs snapped in half, draws smashed, bits broken and falling off everywhere. But the box wasn't damaged, so assumably it was packed that way.

The sales people were very apologetic and said that they would inspect the next one before they sent it. Funny, because it arrived with factory plastic wrap still around it in its box. All they did was open the box and look at the top. This one was damaged too.
We again sent photos and they sent yet another replacement.
And so it continued for some time.
Every time, they fully agreed that they had unacceptable damage.
Eventually one arrived that was actually in one piece. It was scratched on top, but we accepted it with the discount they offered.
To their credit, due to this whole fiasco - the number of deliveries, the amount of time it took etc - they offered us a hefty discount. But it could never have happened.
I fully appreciate that every product has the odd faulty unit and I wouldn't judge a product based on 1 bad experience, but the number of replacements we had was insane.

Still waiting for furniture

Easy to navigate store
Quite satisfied with range
Not very easy to assemble
Paid for goods 6 weeks ago still waiting for delivery of some items.
Staff were helpful.

First and last time

After purchasing a small office desk the staff advised me they had none in stock but it should be arriving in about 3 weeks. After 2 weeks I got a phone call to say the delivery would be delayed by another 3-4 weeks! It's just a small flat pack desk, how hard can it be to ship interstate? This is 2018, not 1918. This is my first time purchasing from this store, and will definitely be my last. Terrible service.

Shop LocationTAS, Moonah

Pathetic delivery service. Never buying from here again

Bought a queen size bed, they tell me they don’t even stock it, and that it has to be delivered. I’m told 3-4 weeks. 3 weeks later, they ring me and say “there has been a bit of a delay” and it will take another 3 weeks. These degenerates had 3 weeks to deliver it, yet I have to wait another 3 weeks. Never buying from A-Mart again.

I understand if the product is out of stock, and has to be delivered, but the fact that you have a store in Tasmania, yet you don’t stock the products in the store, and the waiting time is almost a month, is utterly pathetic.

Shop LocationTAS, Moonah

Great customer service, good products

I've purchased furniture from Super Amart over the years and can't really fault it. Reasonably priced furniture, good quality. I've recently purchased a lounge suite where I needed to order at a store in another state and had organise payment in store at my local store.
All done without a hassle and got a good deal. Have to wait a while for goods but that works for our circumstances, so not a worry for us. Also picked up two good quality mattresses couple of months back, great deal great quality. Always had a positive experience with Super Amart both at the Toowoomba store and recently at Moonah. Thanks.

Shop LocationTAS, Moonah
Hey Spall! Thanks for your great review! It is always nice to hear positive comments and we are very happy that you have had a great experience at not one but two of our stores! Thanks for shopping with us a we hope to see you in store soon :) Have a very happy new year! Ali and the Super Amart Team

No stock

Catalogue item on sale , went to get one and was to.d they had no stock for 4 months , tried to order on line and got same stupid story . Store would not sell floor model ever tho they couldn't sell any. Many calls and msgs most gave misleading incorrect information

Service terrible , will never return

Shop LocationTAS, Moonah
Hi Tasfish, We are so sorry to hear about your experience. Can you please private message us your best contact number, so we can have the Moonah Store Manager get in touch with you regarding this? Hoping to hear from you soon. Kind regards, Jess and the Super Amart Team

Appalling delivery times.

I went to our local Super Amart for the first time and found exactly what I wanted, a queen bed and mattress.
The staff were very polite, knowledgeable and helpful.
When I decided to purchase the items I was informed that the bed had a delivery time of 3 - 5 weeks.
At the time there was no urgency and I could live with the stated delivery time.
I paid the full amount of the purchase at the time of ordering.
5 weeks passed and I called the store to inquire about the delivery and was told the bed was still at the Melbourne warehouse.
7 weeks after placing the order I phoned the store again only to be told that the bed was still at the Melbourne Warehouse and that the store was experiencing problems with deliveries from the Melbourne warehouse. No satisfactory answer could be given to us regarding a delivery date.
I will never purchase anything from Super Amart in the future unless the item required is actually in stock at the store.
I have never had this problem with Fantastic Furniture as they have quite a large local warehouse and stock is usually immediately available.

Still waiting.

Shop LocationTAS, Moonah
Hi Bob, We are so very sorry to hear there has been a delay on your product, we also apologise for any inconvenience this has caused you. So that we can look further into this, could you please send us an email to live.chat@superamart.com.au with your sales order number and best contact phone number? Kind regards, Tom and the Super Amart Team

Bad service

Bought a corner desk at the start of november from the new tasmania store and was told it would be 3 weeks then they said mid december now its not until late january will be canceling my order.

Shop LocationTAS, Moonah
Hi Cody, We're very sorry to hear about this and apologise for the delay in receiving your desk. Would it be possible to please send through some additional information so I can investigate this further? Can you please email socialmedia@superamart.com.au with your sales order number and contact number? Thank you, and we apologise for any inconvenience. Kind Regards, Hannah & the Super Amart Team