Amart Furniture

Amart Furniture Questions & Answers (page 3 of 6)

Online Store, Physical Store

118 questions from our users

Jo W
Jo Wasked
NSW, Caringbah

We have just bought a bedroom suite and it does emit a very strong odour. Since we have had it my partner has had severe headaches, nausea and stomach cramps and I have had milder headaches. It is to the point where we have to sleep in another room. Can you please let me know, what are the chemicals we are smelling and what can be done about it?

john smith
john smith

this is a public review forum Amart wont answer you here contact the store or manufacturer

Elise M.
Elise M.asked
Amart Furniture Online Store

What is plush leather?

Dave C.
Dave C.asked
Amart Furniture

How do I remove a draw from the settler desk.

Lalasked
Amart Furniture

I would like to know why my click sofa which arrived at 8 am this morning was not unpacked and set up for me. When you rang to advise me about the delivery I distinctly made a point of making sure it would be set up for me and the A mart staff member assured me it would. When the delivery man arrived he told me that the procedure is to just drop and go.. I am NOT HAPPY at all. I will be ringing you at 9am when your stores open.

Ian

I'd say the sales person gave you incorrect info - The salesman for the lounge I purchased last week was very clear it was only drop and go.
Apparently they used to do setup and packaging removal (quite some time ago) but the service was discontinued.
The delivery men are from a freight company, not Amart. They are only interested in getting in and out as fast as possible. The box was slightly bigger than my doorway, but they tried to force it through anyway - now I'm looking at a door repaint.

Lal

Yes you are right about that..and the outcome of your experience is to give you extra stress,work and more expense.

Fired Up

Lucky you got it in writing.

Amanda B.
Amanda B.asked
NSW, Ballina

Hi I have just picked up a rose bay double bed. When we put it together the slats won’t fit at the head. On measuring the rails at the head are 2 cm narrower then the rails are at the foot. Looks like the screw plates are wrongly positioned on the bed head. Any ideas? Thanks!

Em Franko
Em Frankoasked
Amart Furniture

hi i’m looking to buy curtains from amart and i’m having a look online but it doesn’t clarify if one curtain comes in a packet or 2?? can someone help me please

Deana Leottaasked
Amart Furniture

If my lounge was bought about 2 years ago n the stitching has come undone n now split will it be replaced or fixed? I think it was called the Montana chase

george
george

you need to contact Amart furniture this is not their web site. this is a review forum ie reviewing products & services

Fired Up

Why ask a review site rather than ask Amart directly?

Oh sorry

Robasked
Amart Furniture

Ice furniture...when you shut a drawer it reopens a little bit. Any solutions?

Dan

Put some packers under front part of of the metal legs, as it needs backward fall, especially if against a wall with carpet as the back part of the legs will be sitting on the carpet spikes which will make the unit higher at the back

Rob

I went to A Mart and the salesman showed me how to remove the drawer... only then I could remove the paper which had slipped behind and was stopping the door from closing properly.
There are 2 catches( almost invisible) on each side of the drawer, one of which needs to be lifted, while the other needs to be pushed down ...simultaneously. Only then can the drawer be pulled out.

Liz
Lizasked
Amart Furniture

You don’t have to put recliners together do you?

Denny
Denny

I din't buy a recliner sofa..it's always better to ask them if they will just deliver furniture or even fix them or not..can't just assume they are going to fix..some furniture shops offer deliver and fixing comes with it, but some don't fix and don't tell you..

Dan

Yes have to put backs on lounges and feet too, extra charge if you want the delivery guys to do it for you

Ian

Yes, backs will need to be fitted (basically just sliding it in position until it clicks)- pretty easy, but mine required two people to get things lined up.

Ebony
Ebonyasked
Amart Furniture

Anyone have reviews for the Spartacus modular lounge please??

Dan

Very soft but supportive lounge with 10 year guarentee, comes in light grey and dark grey and it's all oversized for superior comfort

Danasked
Amart Furniture

Really disappointed. Picked out a couch the I wanted from Amart, being restricted to a particular size and lucky it had just gone on sale. So went into store only to be told that they don't have any, neither does any other store and we could order one but delivery wouldn't be till end April (4mth wait).
It was discontinued, but then brought back again. Also there was one available but in Shepparton and no they won't organise for store transfer.

Question - how can you put a sale discount on products that are being discontinued and no one can access??? Even with demand - a 4 month wait???

TG73
TG73asked

Hi
I just recieved my Settler 7 Piece Dining Setting..The table was easy to assemble other than a tight fitting on one of the screws..However the chairs are another thing.. Followed the instructions right up to putting the seat on but it seems the timber screws are not long enough.. I measured them and they are what the manual says they are supposed to be.. Can someone help please??

alphacinator
alphacinator

Unfortunately you may need a drill called a spade bit that can be bought from Bunnings Warehouse for several dollars, along with portable electric drill sold separately where battery pack and charger must also be purchased - all up looking at $100 or more. The spade bit simply shaves the screw hole in the chair as it spins as you press on and off repeatedly the trigger on the electric drill, so that the screw can move closer as you screw it in place with allen key

Dan

The timber screws go into a routed out or counter sunk hole in the side frame of chair so screw head is already sunk 25mm in framework to give you more than enough screw to go into actual seat no predrilling is needed but you'll need a battery drill to put the 4 timber screws in

Admiral Mason
Admiral Mason

Just make sure the bigger holes are on the bottom of the chair so the screws fit through and you won't need a drill at all.

kit
kitasked
Amart Furniture

Has anybody bought the Castle Leather three seater and two seater set?

Sparrklez
Sparrklez

Yes, it looks nice but I am having issues with sagging cushions in one of the couches already unfortunately. The store has been helpful so far in organising for someone to come and assess it so I will see what comes of it.

Haycapasked
Amart Furniture

Has anyone purchased a floor stock item (lounge) and been told they cannot pick it up until they have something to fill it’s spot? So we have fully paid for it & now it is sitting there on the floor for everyone to sit/jump on & potentially get damaged? Working in retail myself this doesn’t seem right to me yet the staff will not acknowledge my questions

Juju
Juju

I have done the same and it is to be delivered tomorrow. I also work in retail and when I said I wanted to inspect it before paying in full they were horrified as if it never happens. I was told “ it’s safer on the floor than in our warehouse” I’m sorry but what type of warehouse do you have. Shall see what it’s like tomorrow. I will never buy there again.

Haycap

Thanks for your reply. After speaking with their customer service online, the lady said it should be taken that same day so she contacted the regional manager and he told them to hand it over ASAP. I also will never again buy from them.
I work in retail as well selling baby furniture, and if something is purchased as floor stock it is either taken then and there or it is wrapped and stored out back safely until they can pick it up.
Amart is More concerned with an empty space on their floor then keeping their customers happy

Penny

If you have paid for it you own it and can take it whenever you like. They cannot tell you that you cant if you've already paid.

Ned
Nedasked
Amart Furniture

Hi we bought a dining lounge package from Amart 3weeks ago with the dining table still to be delivered.We have just noticed that the sale this weekend has the same package $600 cheaper. Are we entitled to a refund since we paid a lot more only 3 weeks ago.

Sandy
Sandy

Yes, you are. If the products haven’t been delivered, you can ask for the cheaper price available. Not sure if they’ll refund the remaining value or give you as credit.

Penny

No don't think you can do that. You can't return it saying it's faulty or you changed your mind then get the same item.

Dan

No as you finalised your sale in full already, ie a completed tax invoice that can't be edited.. Don't want to sound rude but it's the same as wanting a partial refund on on your steak you bought from Coles as it went on sale a week after you bought it at full price, IMO Amarts pricings seem to change now every few weeks to compete with online stores and other companies sales of similar products, as long as you didn't pay full price be happy with the deal you got on that week, hope you understand where I'm coming from

Brooke H.
Brooke H.asked
Amart Furniture

My husband and I are looking at getting the phoebe 2 seater and armchair couches from Amart. We bought a couch a few years ago from Focus On furniture and it stains from water and anything so it is impossible to clean. We don't want to make the same mistake so we are wanting to see if anyone has the Pheobe lounges or any other material couches from Amart and what their experience has been? We were also looking at paying the extra $160 for the smart care with 5 year guarantee but not to sure how great they'd be?

Cheryl

Be careful my sons lounge is 7 months old and is rubbish. It stains with water dont buy snart care it does not cover you

Kayleen G
Kayleen G

Don’t buy it. Started pilling after a week and they won’t replace it.

Sara
Saraasked
Amart Furniture

Has any one had any problems with Kiama tall chest?

Donna W
Donna W

Hi Sara. I put this up last week. It is the worst piece of furniture I have ever put together and I have lots of experience putting flat pack together. The drawers don't line up with gaps between, it wobbles from side to side and the drawers don't close properly. To be honest I feel like throwing it out as it's worse than the cheaper IKEA drawers it has replaced and they are years old!! I would complain but can't see that they will do anything about it.

Renee M
Renee Masked
Amart Furniture

Does anyone knows the warranty of the beds from Super Amart?I bought Monroe Queen Bed from Super Amart two years ago.
One of the feet/stand of the bed just collapsed or broken. Thanks

pp
pp

I am not sure about bed warranties but I would suggest calling the store you made the purchase from. Hopefully they will help you out if you have JUST passed the warranty period. Good luck.

Micky22
Micky22

Bed as in bed frame? Some people call mattresses 'beds'. If it's the bed frame, then it likely came in a box and is covered under warranty by Australian consumer law for 12 months against manufacturing defects. Warranties nowadays aren't as cut and dried as that though, and if it can be established with certainty that it's a manufacturing defect or design flaw, even at this later stage, then you could claim under current consumer law. You'd want to be really sure of yourself though, and not claiming for something that you've either incorrectly or not precisely assembled. You'd also want to be sure that you haven't misused or abused it to the point of it breaking. Consumer Affairs aren't there to back consumers up on claims that aren't substantiated. They seek the truth, so be sure to be telling it if you do claim.

Karol
Karol

I have three Monroe Queen beds for my teenage kids and two out of the three have broken legs and a frame. Amart Furniture advised its a 12 month warranty and they cant help. Under consumer law, consumers are covered for products with a major defect. There is no time frame for warranty, its what is considered fair and reasonable for the time you had the product. Amart have stopped communication with me and said they don't know anything about Consumer Law, yet its on my receipt.

Happyasked
Amart Furniture

Has anyone else had problems with Spartacus lounge?
Powder like is all over the floor under the lounge and under the cushions . It seems as if the foam is disintegrating inside the cushions . Also we have had the recliners and the stitching repaired. Absolutely rubbish furniture. Receipt states a 5 yr foam warranty but amart just say that it's only 12 maths. Never will I purchase from them again.

Dan

Purchase the optional smart Care 5 year accidental damage cover, great peace of mind cover for rips, tares, cuts and burns plus stain removal

Happy

I purchased the furniture protection and that made no difference. Leather Doctor has repaired it several times. I'm just really annoyed about the fact that the foam is falling apart in the cushions and amart just don't really care. The lounge is only 4 yrs old. Absolutely rubbish . I will never buy from them again.

Cheryl

My son bought a lounge with the Smartcare package. The lounge stains with water and Smartcare did not cover that but after speaking to them a second time they did get it cleaned for him. As to the product the lounge is crap and balling already and no one wants to talk to them so off to Fair Trading please do not buy a lounge from them. They say Smart care guarantee everything that is not correct.

This is there product guarantee wow.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonable foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.

1. In this document:
"ACL" means the Australian Consumer Law.
"As Is" means a Product sold in the displayed state, including any defects which have been brought to your attention.
"Guarantee Period" means the period described in your Tax Invoice that we warrant your Product will remain free of defects.
"Manufacturer's Guarantee" means an express guarantee or warranty provided by the manufacturer of a Product.
"Product" means a product sold or supplied by Amart Furniture to You directly as a consumer.
"Amart Furniture", "Us" or "Our" means Amart Furniture Pty Ltd ACN 009 810 324.
"Tax Invoice" means the tax invoice produced for the purchase of Products.
"Quality Guarantee" means this warranty against defects for Products sold or supplied to You by Us.
"You" means the person to whom a Product has been sold or supplied by Us.
2. Terms defined in this document have the same meaning when used in your Tax Invoice.

3. This Quality Guarantee is in addition to all of the rights you have under the ACL or any Manufacturer's Guarantee.

GUARANTEE PERIOD
4. Amart Furniture warrants that from the date of purchase, all Products (or components of Products as the case may be) will be free from defects in workmanship and materials for the Guarantee Period described in your Tax Invoice.

5. The Guarantee Period commences from the date of your Tax Invoice. If a Product is replaced under this Quality Guarantee, the Guarantee Period for that replacement Product expires on the same date as the Guarantee Period for the original Product.

SCOPE OF QUALITY GUARANTEE
6. Unless excluded under clause 12, this Quality Guarantee covers all parts and materials of the Product found to be defective in manufacturing or materials during the applicable Guarantee Period.

7. The remedies offered under this Quality Guarantee are available only to the original purchaser (or beneficiary) of a Product and are not transferrable.

8. You must advise us within 7 days when a defect is identified as failure to do so may adversely affect your rights to a remedy under the Quality Guarantee, particularly when your failure to advise us causes additional damage or defects in the Product.

9. Where a "Major Defect" in the Product occurs within the first 12 months of a Guarantee Period, we will at your option provide a full refund, replace the Product or repair it.

10. Where a defect in the Product is identified within the Guarantee Period which:

a. does not constitute a Major Defect; or b. is a Major Defect which is identified after the first 12 months of the Guarantee Period, we will at our option, replace the Product, repair the Product or provide you with a full refund. 11. A Major Defect occurs when:
the Product would not have been acquired by a reasonable consumer fully aware of the nature and extent of the defect; or
the Product departs in a significant respect from any description, sample or model; or
the Product is substantially unfit for purpose and cannot be easily remedied within a reasonable time; or
the Product is unsafe.
Scuff marks, fabric pilling, loose stitching, tears to dust covers & small tears generally will not constitute a Major Defect under this Quality Guarantee.

12. Amart Furniture's liability under this Quality Guarantee does not extend to:
damage, failure, fading, or deterioration (of the whole of the Product or its components) caused by normal wear & tear; or
damage (including corrosion) caused by improper use, abuse, neglect, assembly, placement, storage care or maintenance, including damage caused by failing to adhere to care instructions; or
damage caused in circumstances where the Product has been used commercially or in a manner which is greater than, or exceptional to normal domestic use; or
breakage or damage to glass table tops or mirrors; or
damage caused by Acts of God; or
defects in Products sold "As Is" which have been brought to your attention prior to purchase.
13. Notwithstanding any other wording on your Tax Invoice, the applicable Guarantee Period for Products sold "As Is" are:
for those sold for less than $250, a period of 3 months.
for those sold between $250 and $500, a period of 6 months.
for those sold between $500 and $1,500, a period of 1 year.
for those sold over $1,500, a period of 2 years.
HOW TO CLAIM
14. To make a claim under this Quality Guarantee, simply follow these steps:
Locate your receipt (or other proof of purchase reasonably acceptable to Us) which proves the date on which you purchased the Product.
For Furniture claims please contact your store of purchase. Find your local store
For Orthokinetic claims please download the Orthokinetic mattress guarantee form by clicking here, fill it out and send it to your local store. Find your local store
For Upholstery and Super Dream Mattress claims please log onto warranty.amartfurniture.com.au and follow the prompts to submit a claim. If you are having trouble submitting your claim you can contact our Customer Care Team on 1800 791 390

15. This Quality Guarantee is given by Amart Furniture Pty Ltd ACN 009 810 324 ("Amart Furniture")

Address: Amart Furniture Administration. 41 Brickworks Place, Rochedale, QLD, 4123 Australia. (PO Box 1470 Springwood QLD 4127)

Telephone: Amart Furniture Customer Care - 1800 791 390

Email: customer.care@amartfurniture.com.au Web: www.amartfurniture.com.au

Mansoor
Mansoorasked
Amart Furniture

Has anyone purchased Trillian bed suite from Super Amart?

gerry