Amaysim Energy

Amaysim Energy

1.3

• Rates and Fees

dont ever use amaysim /AGL subscription energy plan - its a scam

I have been using amaysim energy (now AGL energy) from last 8 months , i started using monthly subscription energy plan .
After a few months ,i had almost 500 dollars worth rolled over electricity and now i have decided to move to another electricity provider .
Amaysim energy is not willing to transfer the money of rolled over credit for which i have already paid .No T&C were read out to me related to this when i joined.
So my Advice , never join any amaysim /AGL subscription energy plan no matter how good it sounds .

ServicesElectricity and Solar Buy-Back
MicoCologneWico

MicoCologneWico

Good overall experience

Almost same priced (per month) as Dodo Power & Gas. Switched for Australian Chat Support & I couldn't be happier. I will be staying with Amaysim perm instead of Dodo. Switch was made easy

VictorSydney

This company is a mess!

Because they failed to move my connection from one property to another i was disconnected from power by surprise. They told me that they will handle it, they obviously didn't not. Don't trust anything they say!

A SMelbourne

This is an empty shell of a company !

ServicesElectricity, Gas and Solar Buy-Back

MarcioSydney, NSW

SCAM! DON'T DO IT - literally any other energy provider will be better than this

Marcio

It got chased up but no explanation was given, I was only asked to pay the outstanding balance. Good luck with that!

James

JamesIllawarra, NSW

Have never had a worse experience with a service. Very unhelpful

You will spend more time on the phone trying to fix problems that amaysim have caused. Very disrespectful staff that I found unhelpful.
One of my situations they over charged my account, I had to ring up and get the money refunded then made the same mistake a week later. Spent hours on the phone which they were ver disrespectful and not willing to help you out at all. If your looking to save some money and make the change to amaysim I highly advise against it.

Mel W.Sydney, NSW

Overcharged and difficult customer service

Mel W.

Thank you Ann. I have still not been contacted by anyone from your energy team regarding this.

Hamilton

Hamilton

Contact details given (or sold) to overseas call centres

RRryery

RRryerySydney Surrounds, NSW

Beware of the disconnection fee!

I was just hit with a disconnection electricity fee $171.89 that was never mentioned when I signed up. And since it is close to my average quarterly bill I would've expected it to be given more attention from the very friendly person who signed me up. It feels wrong and probably is wrong.

They said it is a pass on charged by the distributor (Ausgrid) - but OriginEnergy and AGL list on their websites that the Ausgrid disconnection fee is $12.24. Beware of the hidden charge!

Piajess

MB_PRAU

Dodgy as

Dan

DanSydney

Never again! Expensive, harassing phone calls on exit

I was with Amaysim Energy for gas for a few years and I'm so close to being rid of the company, I can't wait. The rates are just so expensive and the bills are confusing to read.

I moved house, decided to switch. Final bill comes in and I'm getting four calls a day from three different numbers. I've answered the call, advised that the direct debit can be taken on the date stated on the bill (23rd March) and the calls keep coming. The last person I spoke with said that a note would be put on the account not to call...

It is harassment and shouldn't be legal.

Steer clear!!!!

ServicesGas
ALL

ALLSydney, NSW

DON'T DO IT

As other review say, billing systems is crazy. Scam Scam. For a family of 2+1 baby there bill says 40.9 kWh daily consumption. All of them are scam scam scam. Most of the time we stay at work.

Emily O.

Emily O.Sydney, NSW

Absolutely Terrible

If it was possible to leave a no star, or negative star review, I would. We were customers of Amaysim Energy and Gas for about 2 years which was 2 years too many. Amaysim's service was uncomparably disappointing throughout our time we were using the gas and electricity service. The customer service was appalling and rife with errors which we had to constantly follow up, ask for clarification and then find out an error had been made which needed to be fixed. There was absolutely no care at all taken with our account. Amaysim Energy completely broke our trust and left us stressed and having to question every single invoice that came in. We were overcharged constantly which had to be corrected again and again.

Texas

TexasMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Don't, just Don't

Raman

Raman

It is insane,,, A big fat no.

I was with them from the past 2 years, their bill was expensive(almost $350 each months for two full time working couple), they raise cost without any reasons. WE CHANGED AFTER 2 YEARS. I am saying it because I don't want anyone to fall in their trap. We are with dodo now and we use the same energy and it cost us $68per month).

Pandabill

PandabillGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Stay away!

The whole billing approach makes it exceedingly difficult to understand and therefor difficult to validate. I have given up with them and moved my energy (and my phones) to alternate suppliers. now I need to validate all invoices/Payments (from Direct Debit) as I have no trust in them. I would advise everyone to find a more transparent supplier

Ravi Barot

Ravi Barot

Expensive for no reason and misleading

I have been billed for $740 for 3 months and I only live by my self. I am at work for half of the day. Why does pay on time discount get applied to the next bill when you are actually paying bill in time. First 2 months you get bill for $130 and last bill will be a blast. Switching to a different provider soon.

MarzipanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

So dishonest and a straight up scam.

We have gas and electricity through these scam artists. Gas bill went from $300 for two months to $1550 for two months one bill to the next with no email informing of any change in rate. When we called to figure out what happened they were very rude and had no explanation as to how our usage increased 5fold. We're now scrambling to find an alternate and are worried about disconnection fees. The EWOV Ombudsman has been very helpful thus far; I highly recommend getting some legal support here. We have also learned that Click Energy is under the same umbrella so beware of the same scam.

Đỗ X

Đỗ Xasked

Can I monitor my energy usage on my amaysim?

Cwis

Cwisasked

Does Amaysim apply the discount to Usage & Supply rates (after concessions) as stated (i.e. $100 U&S = $40 discount), or do they apply the discount to the owing balance (i.e. if in credit $0 discount, or if $10 owing after installments then $4 discount)?

Raghu
Raghu

They apply discount on the owing balance. The discount is applied on your next month bill. Remember, you get discount for instalments as well (ie, 1st month instalment 130, 2nd month 130-130*0.4=78 and so on. Third month actual bill amount-130-130. On this amount you will get 40% discount next month.

Joy
Joy

I used amaysim But I'M noT sure.

Amanda

Amandaasked

Has anyone had luck getting any money back from Amaysim ripping them off?

Marie trust
Marie trust

No. AMAYSIM are scam artist, that rip you off! What they promise you...and what they deliver are 2x different things !
We should start a class action against this company as their marketing selling tactic and activities SOES NOT represent what they actually deliver!!
This behaviour is NOT ONLY uncontionable & unethically, its misrepresenting evryone and the public should be MADE AWARE to keep clear of Amaysim, FALSE ASVERTISING!

Get an answer from our members and Amaysim representatives

Other Energy Providers