Amaysim Energy

1.3
  • Rates and Fees
Laurel
LaurelSydney, NSW

Electricity & Gas rates were exactly as indicated - was not overcharged. Thank you!

In mid-2020 I signed up with Amaysim Energy & Gas, based on the online energy comparison providers website.
I was looking for a cheaper rate than EnergyAustralia, and Amaysim came back cheaper every month (about $150 average per month electricity for single Sydney apartment, and about $60 a month for gas).

Their estimates were pretty spot-on, so I was able to budget in advance throughout the economic turmoil in 2020!

Thank you Amaysim.
(unfortunately Amaysim's accounts were taken over by AGL in around March 2021, and my experience with AGL was dreadful - look them up on this site, and you'll see the horror show track record from over 1000 reveiws on AGL)

amaysimamaysimSend a private message

Amaysim Energy trading as "Click Energy"

ServicesElectricity and Gas
Danny
Danny

I am certainly glad that you state you will pass this review on. But lets not forget I expect a transparent and collaborative effort on your behalf to attain a response from the acting CEO. That would be the best outcome with due respect.

Krystal V.
Krystal V.

Was a good company but is now one of the worse

I have been with Amaysim electric for 3 years and recently been charged a total of around $1000 for 3 months because instead of small monthly installments I been charged a full bill the last few months after receiving this minths bill which is meant to be a monthly installment it is another full on bill so I instantly changed to another provider and am currently looking for a different phone company because I don't want anything to do with them aanymore

Ben
BenGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Rip off

I had over $1000 gas bills with Amaysim, go with Momentum, they are great. My bills went down to $300 -$400. I despise Amaysim nowadays after my experience with them, wouldn't even connect my phone with them, they are a nightmare.

Find out how Amaysim Energy compares to other Energy Providers

dont ever use amaysim /AGL subscription energy plan - its a scam

I have been using amaysim energy (now AGL energy) from last 8 months , i started using monthly subscription energy plan .
After a few months ,i had almost 500 dollars worth rolled over electricity and now i have decided to move to another electricity provider .
Amaysim energy is not willing to transfer the money of rolled over credit for which i have already paid .No T&C were read out to me related to this when i joined.
So my Advice , never join any amaysim /AGL subscription energy plan no matter how good it sounds .

MicoCologneWico
MicoCologneWico

Good overall experience

Almost same priced (per month) as Dodo Power & Gas. Switched for Australian Chat Support & I couldn't be happier. I will be staying with Amaysim perm instead of Dodo. Switch was made easy

VictorSydney

This company is a mess!

Because they failed to move my connection from one property to another i was disconnected from power by surprise. They told me that they will handle it, they obviously didn't not. Don't trust anything they say!

Victor

Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
A SMelbourne

This is an empty shell of a company !

MarcioSydney, NSW

SCAM! DON'T DO IT - literally any other energy provider will be better than this

Marcio

It got chased up but no explanation was given, I was only asked to pay the outstanding balance. Good luck with that!

James
JamesIllawarra, NSW

Have never had a worse experience with a service. Very unhelpful

You will spend more time on the phone trying to fix problems that amaysim have caused. Very disrespectful staff that I found unhelpful.
One of my situations they over charged my account, I had to ring up and get the money refunded then made the same mistake a week later. Spent hours on the phone which they were ver disrespectful and not willing to help you out at all. If your looking to save some money and make the change to amaysim I highly advise against it.

Mel W.Sydney, NSW

Overcharged and difficult customer service

Mel W.

Thank you Ann. I have still not been contacted by anyone from your energy team regarding this.

Hamilton
Hamilton

Contact details given (or sold) to overseas call centres

RRryery
RRryerySydney Surrounds, NSW

Beware of the disconnection fee!

I was just hit with a disconnection electricity fee $171.89 that was never mentioned when I signed up. And since it is close to my average quarterly bill I would've expected it to be given more attention from the very friendly person who signed me up. It feels wrong and probably is wrong.

They said it is a pass on charged by the distributor (Ausgrid) - but OriginEnergy and AGL list on their websites that the Ausgrid disconnection fee is $12.24. Beware of the hidden charge!

Piajess