Amazon Echo Show 5

3.4

Andrew

AndrewGordon 2906, ACT

Speaker with a Screen

I decided to buy this to accompany my home's ring door bell because I did not buy the ring chime. It does announce if there is motion or someone rings the doorbell, however I was hoping it would make a loud chime sound. With regards to the sound quality, Google Home mini is still superior and sounds better. If you have a lot of amazon devices, this one is the smart speaker for you. I like that it displays the weather for 1 week if asked, displays lyrics to songs. A surprise for this is it can call your friends amazon devices.

Purchased in June 2020 at Amazon for A$79.99.

Gabser

GabserGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

A handy little gadget

We enjoy our Amazon Echo Show 5, a very useful tool to have in a family home. Plays music, updates us on news, can video call, see photos as well as use as a timer in the kitchen. Definitely worth investing in one.

Avg at best

Avg at bestCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Great little gadget

Purchased this for my partner for Christmas. Was significantly cheaper than the google home with a screen equivalent. Cannot fault it! Does everything you’d expect from a home service information system. Can even hook up the ring doorbell and watch YouTube.

Purchased in December 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for A$150.00.

Speakers

Find out how Amazon Echo Show 5 compares to other Speakers

Tasman2013

Tasman2013

Good for smart home control

Not so good as a digital assistant, google is much better. Most questions result in a “i don’t know that one”. Used in conjunction with a Vera hub and Sonos it’s a decent smart device controller (although the lack of grouping capabilities for sonos is frustrating)

Purchased in December 2019 at Amazon for A$79.00.

Jeremy

JeremyHunter Region, NSW

Very very good at getting things wrong.