Amazon Kindle Paperwhite

Amazon Kindle Paperwhite

3rd Generation, 2nd Generation, 10th Generation, etc...

this kindle is Carp

I purchased two of these paperwhites and had nothing but trouble. Slow to turn off, can't update, and restarts by itself and loses memory at random. Lucky I got my money back both times sold at officeworks

Purchased in December 2019 at Officeworks.

Danielle Jager

Danielle JagerGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

I can't live without it!

I take my kindle everywhere with me, it's fantastic for short trips, appointments, bus rides etc. It fits in my pocket and has so much storage I wouldn't know how to fill it!

I have read a lot more since I got my kindle and have bought one for a friend for her birthday recently as well. Great for using in bed or lounging when you can't get comfy with a big, awkward sized book. The back light really helps as well.

Purchased in March 2017 at JB Hi-Fi Online Store for $220.00.

Sophie C

Sophie CGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

My best buy of the year!

I cannot recommend the Kindle Paperwhite any more highly. It is so light and durable that you can take it anywhere. The Length Of Chapter feature is great if you're reading on a time frame, and it is so easy to purchase new books on Amazon. You even get the chance to sample books if you're unsure whether you'll like it. The environmental impact is also rewarding, as you are not buy a paperback, and saving trees. I cannot recommend this product enough, switching to a Kindle was the best thing I did. Also battery life lasts forever! I have been reading on it for almost two months, and am still going on the one charge.

Purchased in October 2019 at Myer for $199.00.

Kristian

KristianSouth Brisbane, Queensland

Great E-reader

Purchased in November 2019 at The Good Guys for $126.65.

Trish_D

Trish_DSydney Surrounds, NSW

Love It

I needed to replace my much loved but ancient Sony e-reader and as Sony no longer support their e-reader in Australia I looked at the Kindle. It is fabulous. It is small and light, easy to hold, very easy to read and looks gorgeous with the cover specifically made for the model. It is extremely simple to download the books via Amazon. As someone who can't remember a time when I wasn't reading I still love "proper books" but the Kindle Paperwhite is unbeatable for convenience when travelling or while waiting for appointments. I love the way the cover designed specifically for my model looks so lovely and is fitted to protect the Kindle. I am very satisfied.

Purchased in June 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $199.00.

I’ve always been a book lover but this has changed my life!!!!

Purchased in June 2017 at JB Hi-Fi.

Tatiana C.

Tatiana C.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

If it wasn’t for the lag!

Got 8gb paperwhite 10th gen waterproof reader. Have very mixed feelings. I like the concept but l hate that it lags. Scrolling is extremely poor! I haven’t even downloaded that many books. Not able to download audiobooks. Am on the verge of getting rid of it. Wasnt cheap either! So is it worth the $189 l paid? ABSOLUTELY NOT!

Purchased in April 2019 at Kogan.com for $189.00.

jay

jaySydney, NSW

Best e-reader out there

I was tossing up between this and the kobo e-reader and decided to go with the kindle paperwhite as they were pretty much comparable and this was the first time kindle decided to go waterproof. Kindle also has a much larger range of books and the amazon ecosystem at its fingertips. a no brainer for me and highly recommended for anyone

Purchased in December 2018 at The Good Guys for $179.00.

Bryan

BryanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Made me fall in love with reading again

Brings me back to the past when books were such a big part of my life. I’ve picked up reading consistently again and I am really enjoying it. Screen is amazing and the kindle is light enough to use with ease. Battery life is amazing too. Very impressed as a first time ebook user.

Purchased in April 2019.

Jackie T.

Jackie T.Esperance

No 3G as promised

I used to have a Kindle touch and loved it! Then I bought the newer Paperwhite and was very disappointed. No 3G! I called Amazon about activating the antenna (lots of complaints about devices not being activated) but was told there is no such thing, obviously I don't have 3g coverage in my area... Really?! Funny, because my touch had a better 3g signal than my mobile phone!!! The problem never got solved as I hate being on the phone for hours on end and doing the same 'problem solving steps' over and over again. I kept using my touch for years until it broke down, then I sadly had to get the PW out of the cellar. I paid good money for a service that I can't use! Very disappointed with the Kindle Paperwhite!!!

Mel B

Mel BGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

First ever Kindle. Impressed.

Jean

Incredibly disappointing

Matthew

MatthewMelbourne, Victoria

Got me reading again

Bought this Kindle after falling out with my reading. I love the ease of use with this item- its so easy to carry around with me, and so light to hold in my hand, without it feeling flimsy or like its going to fall.

There is a HUGE range of books in the Amazon store, and the prices are much better than hard copies of books.

This particular device is a little on the small side, but that's about the only thing I can fault it on. There is zero lag, it works very fast.

Kym D

Kym DPerth

Not that happy

I'm on my 9th kindle now and this is my most disappointing one. You can't turn the backlight down low enough and as a result it chews the battery. I'm having to charge at least twice a week which is a pain. The lowest light level is also too high for night reading. Cant believe I just spent over $400 to replace my last paperwhite which now I think about it was just fine.

TK114

TK114Brisbane

Great - small and lightweight with awesome features

I bought the new Kindle Paperwhite (waterproof with 32GB of storage) for myself. I really like it so far, easy to setup and use. The size is great, smaller than I expected but perfect to hold and super light for reading in bed or reclined. I love that I can switch between books depending on my mood without having to carry a library with me! Great for the beach.

Cale

CaleSydney

Great product - Horrible support

Great product but if anything goes wrong do not expect any help. My very unsympathetic response from amazon when my screen broke was “buy a new one”. Thought something this basic could be an easier fix and very disappointed.

GeeCentral Coast

Ideal!

Set-up was easy. Very simple to use. This fits me perfectly making a whole library of books available now! Nothing wrong with paperbacks, but I think for most in this day and age we want choices at our fingertips, especially in regards to entertainment!
I have been really impressed with the quality of the screen and how easy it is on the eyes for reading in low light. I had considered the Oasis model. I don't feel as if the experience is lacking due to fewer features.
Only minor con is I am already searching for books not available on Amazon Kindle Store. Still a great and varied selection.

Andrew

AndrewGold Coast

First time using Kindle, found it pretty good

Eyn

EynMelbourne

Kindle Paperwhite totally changed my lifestyle. Now I love reading at any time. Its small size is easily portable. The screen could hardly get scratches. Another one is the battery. It can hold for more than 1 month. That’s really amazing! The kindle unlimited is very powerful, almost every book can be found there.

SCOUSEinOZ

SCOUSEinOZasked

Not really a question but a statement of fact. I own a 2nd generation Kindle and have been reading the reviews on the 10th gen Paperwhite with the view to upgrade. I am quite surprised that some reviewers didn't take the time to read up on the features of the Australian version which can only be purchased through Amazon Au, and which clearly states that Audible and Bluetooth isn't available on the Aus version.
My complaint is that for some reason Amazon USA, which has an International version with the Audible and Bluetooth options, will not ship to Australia although it states on their web site that it does. It is only when you come to checkout that it blocks the purchase and Amazon won't give a clear answer as to why this is so.

David Gormley

David Gormleyasked

I'm not able to use my left arm for 3 days per week, under dialysis. Paperbacks are a bit hard to manage. Is the Kindle Paperwhite DEFINITELY easily useable one handed? Thank you.

Gee

It's bigger an a mobile phone so you may want to rest the kindle on something, rather than hold and operate with one hand entirely if you are reading for longer periods. Very few gestures are needed.

Jennine

Jennineasked

Hi can I buy a replacement battery for my kindle paperwhite 1st generation in Australia? It has wi fi and 3G the battery won't charge it stays amber all day

por012
por012

Thanks for the question - I have same product but fortunately still working. Suggest you Google - Kindle Battery Replacement and you will find options. Some will be dodgy no doubt but there will be reputable and reliable suppliers. Best I can do to assist.

td
td

Make sure your kindle is on and sleep mode is turned off. Also try a different USB cable. The link below may help also

dennisteaa
dennisteaa

Hello and have you tried contacting Amazon kindle support. I had an issue and they were extremely helpful to get a small problem fixed. Hope it you get it sorted as the Kindle is such a great bit of kit :-)

Get an answer from our members and Amazon representatives