Amazon Prime Video

Amazon Prime Video (page 2 of 3)

See the Best Online Streaming Services in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

roadrunner999

roadrunner999Sydney

Excellent!

Justin

JustinSouth East Queensland, QLD

Absolutely ridiculous

Adam

AdamSydney, NSW

Either charge for your service or have ads, not both! Ffs

Amazon now is adding ads in between episodes on their platform it used to be the case that you pay for it and you don't get ads now we are getting sporadic ads make up your mind Amazon you shouldn't get to do both

aaron.cock

aaron.cockFar West, NSW

Reasonable selection but the app is just awful

I like the selection of titles and the layout is ok to negotiate but the app is just awful! Continuously won't load saying Internet connection issues, then if it does load its a white screen with sound and occasionally you get to watch a show without any issues. I doubt I'll continue after the free trial

Konda P

Konda PSydney, NSW

Not much for Australia

Most of the shows and movies are either not available or have Geo restrictions. Not worth the effort of even getting a trail. Also, really hard and convoluted to unsubscribe. No reminders or no intuitive way of finding unsubscribe. Really hard to delete payment details and no proper customer care. Avoid for just videos.

brofield

brofieldSouth East Queensland, QLD

chromecast is not supported because Amazon has a childish spat with google so we suffer

Some good films on Prime, so no problem with paying for it BUT... Amazon is just being a childish moron by not supporting Google Chromecast. I don't want to watch on my phone, I want to watch on the TV by streaming it. Amazon don't support chromecast because of some childish spat with google making us the customer have to deal with the inconvenience. I will not buy another streaming device to watch Prime when I already have a chromecast and Netflix and Stan which are happy to stream to any device. So bye bye Prime.

Jacko

JackoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Advertisements

Prime have started putting advertisements on before I watch a show. I pay a subscription to avoid ads. Poor management decision. I hope they lose customers because of this. I stopped paying for Sky because they did this.

Brsd

BrsdSydney, NSW

Library is restricted in Aus won't let watch anything else !!

Signed up for game of thrones and grandtour. Both good shows so didn't mind paying fee for those alone but couldn't access game of thrones. so couldn't access a library, when advertised. Please make a clear site for Australia based customers so they arent confused on what they are signing up for.

David

DavidMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Amazon streaming is crappy

Initially Amazon streaming has had problems delivery decent, uninterrupted quality over the poor broadband we have in this country.
They seem to have got over those problems.
I dislike the way Amazon shows you titles that you can't view in your geographic region,
I presume that's to pretend they have a larger catalog than the enemic one they have.

Sajid

SajidSydney, NSW

Poor video library, they will still charge you if you opt out at the end of trial.
I have cancelled my membership some 10 days before free trial expiry, they still charged me. I have to browse for 10 minutes to find the place to contact amazon. still they were giving me more options to cancel membership instead of writing to them. Terrible.
I have read such review before starting free trial, but still gave it a go considering they would have fixed the issue.

Janice Franklin

Janice FranklinMid North Coast, NSW

Too hard

I signed up today for the 30 day free trial, Sorry now I did after reading these reviews.
Lot's of trouble signing up after about 20 goes I finally did it, still can't watch anything as they say they are updating new programs maybe that will take the 30 day trail.

Brian

Brian

subtitles

I am hard of hearing so use subtitles where-ever possible.
I started to watch "The Debt" with subtitles last night.
When they spoke English, the subtitles were there but when they spoke German there were no subtitles so I had no idea what was being said.
I turned the subtitle option off, which removed the English captions when English was being spoken but then gave me English captions when German was being spoken, so I now knew what was being said in German but had no idea what was being said in English.
How dumb is this?
I have now cancelled my subscription to Amazon Prime as it is totally useless for my needs.

Al H.

Al H.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Absolutely terrible..

I signed up basically just for The Grand Tour, but there are several movies on it that I quite like. However, any movie that has any foreign language in it is pointless watching because it appears that amazon couldn't be [Word Removed] putting subtitles in for those bits. You either have to have the subtitles on for the entire show or movie, or have no idea what's being said for the small parts with foreign language.
Also, there seems to be a buffering problem. I thought maybe it was internet connection (on average 27mb/s) but it only seems to happen with Amazon. Netflix and Stan work perfectly..
There's also loading problems all the time.
I will definitely be cancelling my subscription after The Grand Tour ends.... Don't waste your money!

Lnh

Lnh

Terrible

I wish it were possible to leave a 0. I signed up for a trial. Cancelling was a pain. Way too difficult to opt out. Too many steps and not easy or intuitive. Now I receive daily emails that my credit card payment has been declined. Once someone has opted out the emails should stop! Worst online service I have received.

Steve

SteveSouthwest, VIC

Never worked and they steal money

Vlad Abc

Vlad Abc

Feels like they are not even trying...

DebbieP

DebbiePSouth East Queensland, QLD

Don’t touch Amazon Prime...cannot cancel membership

Signed up for free trial and cancelled before the month was up but have been charged for 3 months now. I had a block put on the card I used to sign up with and when they couldn’t charge that card they obviously went back and found a card I had used 12 months previously for another purchase and they then started charging that card. Have again had to cancel that card. They are impossible to contact and I even have a copy of the confirmation of my cancellation. They’re scammers.....stay well away from!

Peter

PeterSydney, NSW

Geographical restrictions on all movies

All movies I try and watch says I can't watch due to Geo restrictions. See screenshot. Viewing tv shows not an issue. Not that I want to see Baywatch but come on Amazon, the movie has been out for a while now. Cancelling my subscription.

Pay for account and can’t wven access!

I paid for the prime membership, website claims can watch instantly! Been 2 hours and it still doesn’t work? Payment has been taken and I don’t get the product!

PJAP

PJAPPerth

Poor Content

Have had Amazon Prime now for 2 months and we have to say that we really wanted to like this as the pricing seemed ok. But we have just cancelled because the range/quantity is just not there. Furthermore, like others we found that the overall quality of programs is sub-par. A lot of shows that we wouldn't watch even on free to air.

sunnyasked

I canceled my prime video 2 months ago and my account says l am no longer a member but the monthly charge is still been taken from my account for those months last one being on 6th August l phoned up about this and was told you have no record of the deductions but my bank account says different, explanation please.

Doesnotcompute
Doesnotcompute

Hi Sunny, did you end up getting to the bottom of this issue? I ask, because I've cancelled my membership, and a few days later I login to my amazon prime account and it's been auto reactivated, even though I specifically cancelled it the other day and received an email to tell me that I wouldn't be charged at the end of my free trial period. Thanks Sunny.

Yes was settled.

Dexter

Dexterasked

I have cancelled my account 3 months ago, but I am still being charged monthly. There is no account to sign in and change the payment or cancel. Help me out please? there is no number to call for god sake

Grumpy666
Grumpy666

I haven’t tried this but I do hope it helps you, due to your problem I won’t be signing up to Amazon Prime and I thank you for letting us know how difficult it is to opt out.

You can end your Amazon Prime membership, or cancel your free trial to ensure it doesn't convert to a full Amazon Prime membership, in the Settings section of Your Account.

To end your Amazon Prime membership or cancel your free trial:

Go to Manage Prime Membership.
Depending on whether you have a paid Amazon Prime membership or are on a free trial, do one of the following:
To end a paid membership, click End membership and benefits, on the left-hand side of the page.
Note: Paid members who haven't used their Amazon Prime benefits, including Free Delivery, Prime Video, Prime Music and Prime Reading will be eligible for a full refund.

To cancel a free trial, click End Trial and Benefits, on the left-hand side of the page.
Note: If you select End Trial and Benefits for your free trial, you'll receive benefits until your free trial period ends. Then your membership will cancel, and your payment card won't be charged.

Get an answer from our members and Amazon representatives

CategoryOnline Streaming Services