Amazon Prime Video

Amazon Prime Video (page 2 of 7)

1.7

Thai P.

Thai P.Central Queensland, QLD

Rubbish. Rubbish to join, Rubbish to log in. Rubbish customer service.

Should be able be give minus star ratings.
Hopeless to sign up, took ages to get the Activation code to work. Sat impatiently waiting on the chat service for ages.
No where as easy to access as Netflix or Stan.
Its Rubbish !!!!!

Disappointed with Prime video

When setting up our new TV we had to sign up to 30 day free trail to complete the setup.
2 weeks into the free trail and we cannot connect to Prime Video. Won't be subscribing to prime Video.

MandyV

MandyVPerth, WA

Disappointing

The search tool needs a lot of improvement. Eg. When I search for British Drama, the suggestions that appear are from many different countries. It would be so helpful to be able to refine the search by classification too. Eg. PG, M, MA, etc. As Prime Video includes a lot of older movies, etc., it would be great to filter by year too. Would really like more good quality, PG or M films for adults that aren't offensive, rude, violent, full of blasphemy, etc. How about a whole section on period drama? Jane Austen, etc. There are so many to choose from out there but so few on Prime Video, Netflix, etc. PLEASE IMPROVE YOUR SERVICE!!! BE HIGHER & BETTER THAN THE REST!!!

Kam

KamGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

almost every movie you wanna watch needs additional payment

almost every movie you wanna watch needs additional payment. It seems a total waste of time and money. At lease they should have additional Tab which would give us video content with prime membership so that it saves our time.

Franz Kafka

Franz Kafka

A nice add on if you use prime already

Prime saves me enough money on postage to pay for itself.

As with Netflix, there is a lot of dross but there are also some gems - I probably wouldn't get prime just for the video but since it is effectively a free service if you buy more than a few times a year on Amazon I am happy.

Julie

JulieSydney, NSW

Bought a kettle, charged monthly membership

I've bought books before through Amazon no problem.
Bought some tickets for FODI on Feb 2, suddenly charged on Feb 4 against my CUA account a monthly membership to Prime, which I don't use, and didn't authorise. Same fee on the following 3 months. Didn't discover this until May, promptly "cancelled" membership and was refunded :
"Since you have not used your Amazon Prime benefits, we are refunding you $6.99 which includes the full membership cost and any applicable fees and taxes."
Beware. I wrote requesting refund of the 3 months fee - no response. I had to write to Amazon street address hard copy as their website has no path for complaint.

Sub par content. Terrible interface. Waste of both time and Money.

Was excited to try Amazon as I had noticed that quite a few of the series/movies I had searched for in the past were on Prime. Joined up last month and what a waste of both time and money. There's EXTREMELY little quality content. Mostly very old middle of the road syndicated shows and forgettable movies. The User Interface is atrocious. It doesn't even have proper categories and the search function is inept. There is nothing intuitive about the app, tv app or browser version. Easily the worst UI I have ever come across. Free to Air TV catch-up players e.g. iView is 1000x better than Prime.

Hopefully Amazon customers in the US are getting a better experience because I know user here in Australia are getting insulted with the "service".

M Parker

M ParkerSydney, NSW

Amazon SCAM

I have been charged $59.00 for a service I never signed up for or have used.
Please be careful of purchasing anything from amazon there are hidden fees and charges.

Was good, not any more..

I have been a PRIME subscriber for several months and thought it was good value. Until they recently added their 'Video Store'. I thought that it would just be new movies that would cost extra but no. Old movies that were previously free now cost $5.00 to watch! Specific example. I had Burlesque (2010) on my watchlist and last night decided to watch it, only to find that it is now $4.99 to 'rent'. I don't pay a subscription to then pay extra.

pdjhh

pdjhh

Total waste of time

Literally 1 search out of about 15 i did was on there. Also looked at a recommended movies to watch in there and none were on there probably due to regional rights issues but that’s what amazon should be good at right?

Overstan

OverstanIllawarra, NSW

They just treat people like dirt

Odette A.

Odette A.North Queensland, QLD

Dull As Dog crap

Australian prime video is boring as hell with bad acting low budget movies and “some” interesting documentaries. False advertising prior to signing up. The old movies and low budget rubbish should be free. I was VERY disappointed. Not worth the monthly fee.

Stan Log

Stan LogMid North Coast, NSW

Select not very good but worst of all the streaming to TV is a pain

It doesn't have an app for my 2019 android TV, can't cast from my mobile, PC, Mac to TV either. I can cast youtube and Spotify etc but not PrimeVideo ( I think they we being funny when they named it Prime or was that Video ).

SmokyQuartz

SmokyQuartzGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good content, awful streaming

rampton1990

rampton1990South East Queensland, QLD

I liked it until it wouldn't work.

Find out how Amazon Prime Video compares to other Online Streaming Services

Kind of feels like false advertising

Browsing through a website looking for something to watch. Going through a tv show - hit an episode - up comes prime view button. Episode isn't covered by amazon prime. The end

anna

annaIllawarra, NSW

Can't cancel the membership.

We can't work out how to cancel the membership. We tried it. Didn't want to continue, so went on line hit the cancel button and it only cancelled for one month and then took the money the next month. Can't find a way to contact Amazon except to keep hitting the cancel button each month. Who wants to do that?!!

Jacob

JacobSouth East Queensland, QLD

Cheap for a reason - because it hardly works

Absolute rubbish. Constant "Something went wrong errors" when playing videos through smart TV app. You have to wait 10 minutes when switching between devices or you get an error about maximum videos being played at once. Amazon should have hired some Netflix engineers because clearly theirs don't know what they are doing

artisanau

artisanau

Not what I thought..

Intended to try the 30 day trial, sounds good.. I always thought the internet was shared worldwide, or that was the intention. I don’t know and am not educated on licensing etc etc, but as usual, us in Aus are not getting the same content as the USA, so cancelled after 2nd day and searching for an advertised movie. I could see the picture and details but without glasses not the disclosure that it’s not available in your country.. shame..

Billy

BillyVictoria

"C" grade movies offered to Australians

This is by no means value for money in Australia. When you look at what is on offer in America it is far better than what we are offered. To me this is an insult . Why can't you offer the same quality to other countries ? Netflix is far superior in what they offer their consumers. I have both prime & netflix & when my friends & work colleagues ask me what I would recommend it is always anything else rather than "c" grade prime movies

Suzi

Suziasked

I have been watching Season 1 Continuum all was good until I started watching Season 2 and the audio language changed to Italian (I think) even though the audio language in the speech bubble says English. I have tried everything under the sun to fix it to no avail. Has anyone else experienced a language change for no reason?

Grant G.
Grant G.

Same here

Suzi

Suziasked

alan morgan

alan morganasked

How do you know if your paying to watch a movie? I pay $6.99 per month and I've watched two movies and I've woken up the fact that I could be paying a rental fee or purchase fee for the movies.
When I select a movie to consider, just beneath the info states " purchase options". Why can't they just ask " do you wish to proceed renting or purchasing" before allowing people to view or download the movie?

I'm feeling like I've walked into a scam.

Other Online Streaming Services