Amazon

Amazon

The most unethical company

Tried to buy a post-hole digger - never arrived, didn't get a refund. What a scam! terrible customer service and might as well flushed money down the drain. What a joke of a company - will never buy another item from Amazon

Don’t bother

Horrible site, had multiple problems and in the end am still missing items, which I tried following up and never got a reply, as well as continuously getting charged for prime even though I unsubscribed multiple times and stopped getting the perks for. Would not recommend, pretty much a scam

They don't offer replacements or warranty service if something stops working!

Purchased a PS4 Pro for my husband from Amazon for Christmas. After 3 months the controller that came with the PS4 stopped working. The PS4 and included accessories is supposed to be covered by a 12 month warranty, however Amazon Australia aren't set up to do replacements or warranty service. When I contacted them I was given two options:
1. I could accept a $35 partial refund (even though the cost of a new controller is $79)
2. I could return the entire Playstation and controller for a full refund.
They would not simply exchange the faulty controller or send it off for warranty service! My husband didn't want to send back the PS4 as he'd already installed all his games and said it would be too much hassle. We also didn't have the original box anymore to package it properly for posting. So we accepted the $35 partial refund and then bought a new controller from JB Hifi for $79.

On the warranty card included in the box there was some information about putting in a warranty claim directly through Sony so we thought we'd try that. My husband called Sony and told them about the issue, but was told that the warranty claim had to be submitted through Amazon. The problem is, Amazon Australia don't do warranty claims so if you buy something from them that has a warranty you may as well throw the warranty away because it's not worth anything!

0 stars, might as well be a scam company

I preordered a samsung s10+ off amazon on the 3rd of March 2019. Unfortunately, I used my partbers credit card instead of mine so my account was locked and the order put on hold. I responded to the first email, which requested that I log in to my account to upload a billing statement with an email stating I cant log into my account because its been locked and the billing address anyway wont match because it's my partners card, so please cancel the order and unlock my account again.
24 hours later I received the same generic email with a fax number, to which I responded but received no reply.
On 5 March, after struggling to find a generic amazon number (they like it when you log in and request they give you a call back, takes about a minute, but my account was locked so I couldnt access this), I was told I needed to provide that information. I INSTANTLY told the lady in question that there was no way I was verifying that card 1. I literally cant and 2. If i could I'm worried they'll take the money out of the account and ship me a product I dont want, the lady said that she'd put the request through and it would be dealt with within 24 hours.
I followed up on the 18th with my account still locked and not having received any email, to speak to a woman who wanted to do the same thing. After demanding to speak to a supervisor as I stated my problem hadnt been resolved within the two weeks, I had to wait 3 1/2 hours for a call back as no supervisors were available. After the wait, the supervisor did the exact same thing and once again tried to tell me that I had to verify the card to receive the order and it took 10 minutes to explain to her that I already bought the phone I want to cancel the order and regain access to my amazon account for my kindle. She did the exact same thing as the last person, promising me an email within 24 hours. The email I recieved within 24 hours was the generic 'log into your account and verify your card using our secure portal', which again I havent had access to because the account is locked.
I called back AGAIN yesterday to follow up, for a woman off the bat to try to convince me to verify the card and supposedly sent the request off, resulting in another generic email.
If any small company tried this I'm pretty sure it would just be universally known as a scam company. For such a large company the customer service is a joke, and I wish that I never tried to buy anything. Never using amazon to purchase any items again, and if this issue isnt fixed soon I'll be keeping my kindle app for the books I already own and stop purchasing things through there.
This is the worst experience I have ever had, DONT USE AMAZON! It is the biggest rip off, time waster and most stressful shopping experience I have ever had with staff that either have an inability or lack the capacity to actually provide customer support. I am literally telling everyone I meet about this.

Warranty Claim MadeNo

2 out of 2 orders weren’t delivered!!!

I’m very disappointed with amazon and it’s partner Fastway! 2 out of 2 orders weren’t delivered, they haven’t attempted to deliver at all and later I found a status update from Amazon that it was undeliverable and returned to sender. I did get the refund but they have a very unreliable partner. They use fastway for quick delivery but looks like fastway are quick at returning to sender instead!

Warranty Claim MadeNo

Atrocious. Don't know how they stay in business

After comparing their prices for some items, and using ebay as a comparison as well, Amazon comes up so much more worse off, for starters the exuberant postage costs, ridiculous overpriced goods which can be obtained elsewhere for way less, and the funny part is you can find the same item, eg, valve caps for car, for $8 for a set of 4 on amazon, yet there will be the same listing for $70. WT..F?? I can't get my head around why people love amazon. There is nothing to love about them at all. They don't compete. They don't seem to know the meaning of the word. Furthermore, Prime seems to be a complete waste of time and money. Either Amazon are moving meth to stay in business or people are stupid enough to buy their overpriced products. One way or the other, i'll be giving Amazon a wide birth, and hope they get out of Australia real soon.

Warranty Claim MadeNo

Have to pay to leave a book review!!

You now have to buy $50 worth of products from this site to leave reviews of books for authors and publishers!!! Insane!! Not only is it bad for me but now authors are missing out on getting reviews.

Not happy with Amazon

I opened an account as teen daughter wanted drawing pens worth AU$150 with brands like Zebra Sarasa and Tombow. Items vame from various amazons like JP, US, AUS, EU. $40 pack was missing a pen. Hard to navigate complaints site- no email or phone. Went on Twitter to contact but response was automated.

Warranty Claim MadeYes

Horrendous. You cant order anything through amazon overseas. Typical Australian red tape to shut out competition.

Nothing that can be delivered to Australia. Complete waste of time browsing. I use ebay almost exclusively for similar products at a much cheaper price. Regulations on amazon trading laws in Australia have made amazon useless here.

Way too slow. Quicker getting it from the US

I ordered two small rolls of backing for my business on the 26th of Feb 19 and I have just received a notice that it has been shipped and I'll receive it on the 2nd of April. What an absolute joke. 6 weeks to get it. I will never order again from Amazon Australia.

Warranty Claim MadeNo

Amazon ripped me off with a Transaction

I've just recently purchase two Bar of Colloidal Silver Soaps from Amazon Sydney Website for $43.98,
and they charge me double for two Bar of Colloidal Silver Soaps and also they charge me double for the Delivery Service.
I am so angry and disappointed about this so I decided to send you two attach pictures for you to see the difference between prices.

Amazon Australia

Amazon AU is so far away from Amazon.com we all used to - a place where anything could be found at great price and awesome service. Amazon AU is actually completely opposite - no much can be found there and the prices are outrageous.

Warranty Claim MadeNo

Worst worst worst customer service !!

Worst worst worst customer service. Had been chasing for a refund for more than two months and still hearing the same routine nonsense upon placing fourth customer enquire . What a joke for being a prime member . Waste of money

Amazon australia is the worst of all

I completely regret my purchase from this site and for having given to them so much business. They will monopolise your purchase and forbid you to purchase from other countries. Very deceitful moreover they will compel you to buy for $50 to be able to post a review for a seller . How ridiculous. Simply don't buy from amazon australia. What a shame on you. Don't even want to give them 1 star. We are in 2019 and they put army laws on you where you won't have a say. This does not reflect australia at all.

Warranty Claim MadeNo

Barely any customer service. Account gets put on hold

Signed up to amazon and the free trial of prime. The moment I ordered something my account gets put on hold.
An "Account specialist" emails and asks for a bank statement to be faxed for a verification of address.
I researched to make sure this was legit. Called amazon australia and they said you do need to fax these details. I did. Then I get another automated response from the "Account specialist" asking to please send details..... And so begins the infinite loop.
I call the customer service team (who barely speak english) and they say they will ask the "Account specialist" to contact me. Then I get the same automated email response to send my details. This keeps happening on repeat. The customer service team have no idea what to do because they are never in contact with the "Account specialists". They couldn't give me a number to them either! What is the point?
So I cancelled.
Joke of a company.

Price gouging Australian customers

I tried to purchase a Buhbo Modern Trough Rectangular plantar (Outdoor Oasis the company) on the Amazon US site this was costed at $59Aus plus $22.63 shipping and import fees.
Of course I was blocked from this purchase. On the Amazon Australia site the same item was priced at $239!! You are welcome to verify the information above for yourselves. This is one example - I could supply others. So consumers please be aware of Amazon Australia is doing. I was a big shopper with Amazon before Amazon Australia. Now I buy nothing from Amazon. It is always cheaper somewhere else. As an aside Amazon Australia projected a 3 week delivery time from the shipping date. Really?

Warranty Claim MadeNo

not worth the time or effort or cost.

buy a laptop for 1700 usd. Used amazons pathetic exchange rate, becomes a 2500 aud dollar, plus shipping plus our governments taxes added on top brings it to over $3000 for something that should only be $2350 aud. why bother?

Warranty Claim MadeNo

Not just a dud - a SPECTACULAR dud!

The introduction of Amazon Australia has seen Australians ripped-off every which way.
Firstly, we were barred from purchasing from Amazon.com. Secondly, the range at Amazon Australia - if you'll pardon the expression - SUCKS big-time. Thirdly, the prices are a ridiculous.
I would give it zero stars if I could.
How about we just go back to the way things were before?

Being an Amazon Prime member is basically useless - DO NOT be a prime member

I ordered two books from Amazon.com.au and I thought being a Prime member would have its advantages but was I was very sadly mistaken. The bones I got to pick with Amazon is really with their delivery considering that this company prides itself to be THE global standard when it comes to meeting and fulfilling order deliveries.

First, the website does not warn buyers that they don't deliver to Parcel Locker addresses, either that or their algorithm is off and not able to distinguish between a PL address and a regular address so that it can hand over the delivery to a courier service that can do this thing.

Second, they pass on incorrect/incomplete address to courier companies (in my case it was Fastway courier) despite the fact that I've clearly provided a complete address and can be easily validated in my order receipt.

Third, they don't deal with the courier company even if it was their mistake, I have to do their work for them and chase the courier company.

Fourth, even if the courier would accommodate re-delivery to a different address, Amazon will not have a bar of it and will not pass on this request to the courier company but instead would be very quick to just cancel your order so that you can place it again with a different address (Fastway, in this case would only do a re-delivery if it was requested through them by the seller).

So avoid ordering from Amazon.com.au and save yourself from grief, it's just not worth it.

Warranty Claim MadeNo

Product was misrepresented. Won't let me review their poor service because I didn't spend enough!

I ordered an arm/holder for my laptop so it could be suspended above the desk. The picture showed exactly what I wanted and the description matched the picture. When it came, only half the product was supplied - only the tray to hold the laptop but no arm or fixing bracket. When I tried to complain, Amazon reported I had not spent enough.
And I can't evidence my purchase because the invoice has to be downloaded from a link that doesn't work!