Amber Electric

Amber Electric Questions & Answers

Verifiedamber.com.au
Grant St Quentin
Grant St Quentin

We have battery and solar and are connected to Amber, can we stop our solar from exporting to the grid remotely?

Grant

Janelle
Janelle

Is bpay the only account payment option available? I have a payment due however I refuse to use BPAY or any other online type of financial transaction. Can I possibly make cash payments at a post office or perhaps the commonwealth bank, as I am aware you are affiliated with the CBA?

Harjot D.
Harjot D.

Why would you advertise Feed in tarrif of 25 cents and only offer 4 cents. Huge difference. I was interested but your marketing seems very misleading.

Luke
Luke

For me the feed in tariff has been -1 to -5 cents from 0900-1500 for over two months. Cancel asap

C Weir

Are there any sign up fees?

New Amber Customer
New Amber Customer

No sign up but there is a monthly fee of $19

Best way I can say is that the total daily charge works out to be ((network, metering and monthly fee) is around $1.50/day.

On sunny day in winter so far I have gotten $-1.8, which has covered the day connect fee.
But next week is the first week where I’ll have Smartshift working and I’ll get back to you on how it goes. I expect to get closer to $-3 on sunny days

Natalie P.
Natalie P.

Please explain why the price per kWh when most people are home using it to heat rooms, hot showers, cook, watch TV and do loads of washing etc is alot more expensive than the fixed price suppliers? It's great that I will only pay an average a 5c/kWh in the early hours of the morning 12am- 4am . However nobody is awake to use the savings are they? My bills per month have been a lot more expensive. I wear a ski jacket and beanie plus socks because I live in fear of my bill increasing any more. I use night lights and keep main lights off as much as possible when the sun sets. It's ridiculous. The hours to switch usage to save are untennable with running a household. $300/month , I don't think so. I've paid less previously with a supplier who was identified as being generally one of the more expensive suppliers from SA Power Network . So, explain why?

SimonF

I can't talk to the power market in SA but I will with respect to NSW. NSW wholesale market went berserk for a number of reasons in April/May and wholesale rates went through the roof, so much so that AEMO (Australian Energy Market Operator) stepped in and capped the wholesale rate for the past few weeks (there are numerous articles in the news regarding the reasons why). For me comparing the past 9 months on Amber with my previous supplier from the equivalent 9 months the year before I have found the average price on Amber to be less than what I paid with Origin Energy. I am still with Amber and have no association with Amber nor am I looking to change my supplier.

SimonF

I forgot to say as Amber is providing power at the wholesale rate + margin if the wholesale rate goes up then what you are charged goes up (or down).

John
John

Is Amber available in the ACT (Canberra)?

Amber Electric
Amber Electric   DM

Hi John, Bridie here from Amber. We are live and operational throughout the ACT. In fact, we operate all the way up the East Coast from SA through to Sth East QLD.
You can check average wholesale pricing for your area here - external link
If you'd like to organise a phone call or if have some further questions please feel free to reach out to me at hello@amber.com.au
Have a great afternoon :)

C Weir

Are there any sign up fee’s?

Get an answer from our members and Amber Electric representatives

NEW SERVICEFind the right energy provider

Compare, switch and save all in one place

Start Now