Verifiedamber.com.au

Justin L.3 posts

Phil
Phil3 posts

14 Days and no response

It has been 14 days since I emailed Amber, and I have just received a couple of automated emails stating I will be contacted shortly. Definitely not the type of customer service I would expect as a new customer. Show details
Ian.
Ian.2 posts

I believe this is the way control your power expenses!

I was with one of the larger electricity providers on a fixed c/kw rate, but had heard about Amber and was looking at how they may be able to help me, then when I purchased an electric car, the decision was easy, and the change over process was quick and simple! I haven’t got solar yet, but by monitoring the wholesale price of electricity during the day, via the app, I can charge the car and use any other high consumption units at a fraction of the cost, and when my bill comes in it is about the same $ as with the ‘big’ provider, where I was consuming an average of 10kw/day, but now my average consumption has increased to 14/15kw/day, mainly due to charging my new car.
I highly recommend Amber to anyone who wants to save money! Show details ·  2
Tasso P.
Tasso P.3 posts

Horrible service

Don’t bother.
Huge spike in prices throughout the day. Also app not accurate with charging. I had a billing period end and the start of the next month the app already showed $400!!! Tried contacting them about this and got no response. I also got solar installed and overnight my usage charges went up 30%!
Crappy service, crappy prices do not use!! Show details
Matt B
Matt BSydney, NSW2 posts

Dan
DanSydney, NSW

Awesome electricity company

Finally an electricity company that actually understands and listens to people's situations with great pricing and excellent customer service (fast and efficient), easy to navigate through the app with pricing forecasts and daily usage guide. Would HIGHLY recommend switching to AMBER if you want a company who is cheap, reliable and who have amazing staff who ACTUALLY VALUE their customers!!! Don't hesitate to switch...you won't regret it!! Show details ·  1
Michelle
Michelle

we are loving the difference as well as the cause!

we have switched to Amber as we were sick of retail pricing and OK service.
so far we have had great service (self) promises have all been delivered, no lock in's, advised when rates are good and bad! she we can choose when is a better time to take advantage of the pricing and nature Show details ·  1
James Burchfield
James BurchfieldSydney, NSW5 posts

Could be good but

The true test of a company is how they respond when things go wrong.
I have only been with amber about 2 weeks.
Onboarding was easy and everything seemed to work. Then over the weekend, all exports to the grid stopped and I am losing money. I have tried contacting by phone and email. Cannot get in contact. Apparently they do not have enough support staff to deal with the recent onboarding of customers. So I expect things will improve, but I have to say I am pretty unimpressed with support at the moment. Show details
KayCee
KayCee

Aaron
AaronGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC2 posts

andrewmcalister
andrewmcalister8 posts

Probably the best wholesale electricity retailer

I have 6.6kw solar and a powerall2 and joined Amber about 6 months ago. I managed to make $60 on one day when there were grid issues, but generally in the summer with my single powerwall2 I can break-even or make a small profit if I monitor it a lot. Now that I have had a consumption meter installed, I'm a lot happier and Amber are doing a great job. Show details ·  1
Ronald
RonaldMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

a great system

I have just had built a new house and decided to change service provider as I moved in. Changing provider was seamless. At this stage my bills are very modest compared to the old house nut the new house is energy efficient. On a comparison kWh and power used though I am well ahead.
Reliability of Amber is excellent but there have been several brief dropouts reflecting the power network in this area. Show details ·  1
malcolm craig
malcolm craig2 posts

great to deal with

any problems were attended to and fixed i am more than happy especially when my a/c arrives don"t know how they keep it so low Show details ·  1
Robbie
RobbieMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

julie
julieGoulburn Valley, VIC2 posts

Great customer Sevice

The transfer was easy from a retailer. The customer service person (Siobhan) was quick with a response and knowledgeable with my query. I have a battery with solar and have had no dropouts from Amber Show details
Tango
Tango

Amber is the BEST

I was an early customer of Amber Electric and have remained a happy one. They are the only energy company I’ve ever been with that I don’t mind paying! They give me comprehensive billing information, provide me an app to help my decision making on when to maximise use of green power each day and they have a great honest approach that I love. I am passionate about the transition to renewable energy and this was the most reliable way for me to know I was making a difference, other than my own solar panels/batteries etc. I’m sticking with Amber! Show details ·  1

Kieren W.
Kieren W.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Good luck getting a smart meter installed

I've tried in 2 different normal houses and both times electrical contractors come and leave with some different excuse as to why they can't install it. Meanwhile paying more than retail for average wholesale prices. So much for saving money, waiting for installers that turn away what waste of time, hope and money. They don't have many staff so I don't expect anyone will care. Show details
Rosy
RosyCentral, SA

Love it

I love this as I can see my usage and costs daily. This makes be more aware of my consumption and the bill isn't a surprise as I have been tracking it daily. I'm loving telling other people about the benefits.
The best part is the money I've saved. Show details ·  1
Brett R.
Brett R.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC2 posts

This has been great for us

We have saved by washing clothes and dishes during the day while it is cheap Show details ·  1
Brad.
Brad. 2 posts

Amber is doing what Albo could not lower power bills

I think you guys are doing a great job but I just hope the more people get onboard with Amber that the prices should come down and also
With more green energy make the whole platform fair and and don’t go down the corporate greed rabbit hole. Cheers. Show details ·  1
Lyn
LynSouth East Queensland, QLD3 posts

Very happy we changed over

Their service and communication is fantastic. No sitting for hours listening to music to get service, very much appreciated Show details ·  1
Luis
Luis

Take control of your electricity expenditure

You can plan in advance when to spend more electricity during days or nights. Show details ·  1
Rick L
Rick LSydney, NSW2 posts

Nearly perfect way to control your electricity and bill

The app is excellent.
The alerts help you easily combat expensive times and earn fee in credits. Show details ·  1
Cosy Quarters
Cosy QuartersSydney, NSW

Brilliant solution

I had been with many providers included VPP (Tesla, Origin) and was not happy due to have no control on the battery and higher electricity rate, until I met with Amber. It is not only passed on wholesale price directly to the customer (cheaper electricity rate), it also offers full control of your battery (discharge, charge, etc). I am now free from electricity bills and have around $430 credits… thank you Amber!!!

CQ - New South Wales Show details ·  1

Bob.W
Bob.WSydney6 posts

The best energy provider!

Since joining Amber for batteries I’ve never looked back. I was with AGL and paying $50-$100 per month. Since joining Amber I’ve been in credit $100 per month. My average FIT is 30c and I’m loving it! Show details ·  2
Daniel
Daniel

Andy
Andy2 posts

What a Way to Go Solar

We have a 7.5 kw solar system with a Tesla Powerwall 2 battery! Amber has enhanced the system by using their software to make our system more efficient. We even make a profit from time to time for the power we sell to the grid! Amber is approachable if you have any issues and I don’t have any hesitation in recommending them! Show details ·  2
Anthony
Anthony

Game changer of a service

We have solar and a battery which makes this a perfect fit for us. We are able to charge on low to negative costs and give energy out at high payments to us. Perfect. Show details ·  1
Douglas Roy
Douglas RoyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Brilliant. Smart meters for everyone

allowing the customer, to see the price, and know when it is most efficient to use the energy, helps balance the load. :) Show details ·  1
Andrew Thompson
Andrew ThompsonSydney, NSW2 posts

Best electricity supplier ever

Switching from AGL to Amber cut our electricity bills by over a third. The app is a fantastic way to keep an eye on the price and time our usage to when prices are low. If Amber were to add the app to the Apple Watch, it would be even better. Show details ·  1
sarah
sarah

Stay with Alinta

it's competitive with Alinta but with Alinta I got more rewards.. eg cricket tickets for loyalty. Nothing wrong with the service but no huge benefits eg offers for loyalty qantas points etc. I be going back to Alinta just as a personal decision for what I want. I've just got Lecky installed Show details
Paul T.
Paul T.3 posts

All good

My daily cost for electricity is about 2/3 what it was with my previous supplier. Show details ·  1
Neville yates
Neville yates4 posts

pDF not working

PDF does not open on my account tried many times Neville Show details ·  1
Bill
BillSydney Surrounds, NSW3 posts

The Best Electric company

I have found Amber the best Electric company that i have used over the last 50 years. Being able to know the fluctuations of the wholesale price and using electricity when the price is down is great on savings, also I have a battery and with the amber system of of sending my solar storage to the grid when the prices are high has reduced my power bills to the negative. I recommend Amber if your struggling with power bills. Show details ·  1
The Melbournian
The MelbournianGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC3 posts

This was a good idea

I have been saving on power by following the amber app and using high demand appliances when the wholesale rate is low. Amber gives ME more control on how I use electricity rather than the power company. This was a good idea. Show details ·  1
Amanda Gee
Amanda GeeSouth Australia2 posts

App is excellent

Whilst the App is excellent the changing of the prices is not. It has been our experience that pricing shown on the app DOES NOT stay for the advised 30 minute period, often fluctuating up to and over 30c the original pricing. I wish there was a way of being more regulated between 10am and 2.30pm. Show details

ROU
ROUSydney Surrounds, NSW2 posts

Waiting for my next bill without the usual trepidation

By moving to AMBER I'm able to confidently look forward to the use of clean renewable energy at great pricing.The set up was very quick about 48 hours and we have had no drop outs.on our electricity supply Show details ·  1
Ralph
Ralph

Make the Change!

Although I am a small user of electricity, since making the change to Amber Electric my monthly bill has fallen by around $100 to approximately $100. The changeover to Amber was handled by them and was effective immediately. I value the App to determine when is the best time to use appliances. Show details ·  1
Victor
VictorEyre Peninsula, SA3 posts

My positive review of The Amber electricity account

I have had nothing but low cost electricity except for the first month, as had to get the first bill to apply for the Govt Concessions,
I paid $120.00 last month and could not believe after receiving my latest bill that i had still $46.00 credit from the $120.00 if i had still been with AGL, my bill would have been in excess of $500.00 for the Quarter.
With Amber my quarterly bill was less than $400.00 for the quarter.
Thanks Amber Show details ·  1
Big savings
Big savingsSydney Surrounds, NSW

GREAT savings and great service!

We couldn’t be happier with our decision to switch to Amber!! It literally took minutes to make the change and the savings have been extraordinary! Our alliance to our previous 30 year provider soon subsided when our bills almost halved. The service from the Amber team is also a great feature and the staff are most responsive when I email. Our advice to you is “switch now” and reap the benefits of much cheaper energy bills. Show details ·  1

NEW SERVICEFind the right energy provider

Compare, switch and save all in one place

Start Now