• Product is used:
    • Daily (1)
    • Several times a week (1)
  • Consistency
  • Milk Frothing

Turbine3

Turbine3Melbourne

Makes Decent Lattes

Makes a decent latte. It has an inbuilt steam wand which takes a bit of learning but once you get the hang of it you can get really nicely thickened milk and do great Lattes. The extraction of the coffee works well, its a little noisy but the results are OK. I wont say the best I have seen but pretty decent. I see a few people have had issues but I am not bothered as Aldo have a long guarantee period.

SablenipGwandalan NSW

Aldi Coffee Machine TK- 1818R2A

Coffee was fine, milk frother worked well..
But the machine failed in less than 6 months, would not respond to the brew/steam switch at all, sometimes, at other times the switch would not turn off the pump, causing water to flood the bench.
Warranty is 3 years, but Tempo have so far failed to supply the return postage stickers that they claimed would be e-mailed in 24 hours. Been waiting two weeks for the stickers and two days for a reply to my follow up e-mail.
Warranty claim procedure is not reliable.

Sablenip

Pleased to report my refund was deposited to my account (unannounced) without any fuss after Tempo mailed the e-parcel labels.

Water Flowing Out Of Tank

I’ve had this machine for around 2 or 3 weeks now, and was so far very happy with it. However, I went to use it today and when I turned it on to heat, all the water from the full tank flowed out into the bottom tray, all in about 30 seconds. I refilled and repeated after emptying and reattaching numerous times, yet it continued to do it every time the machine was turned on. Has anyone else experienced this, or knows what could be wrong?
Before today, I had been quite impressed, considering the price and that it was from Aldi. My expectations weren’t high, but having it break after only a few weeks is a bit disappointing.

JenJen

JenJenGold coast Queensland

Ohhh noooo you need tiny cups to fit under

Seemed to be ok, but none of my cups fit under !!! Grrr.
Used zarraffa coffee . I did have a small glass . Machine worked ok and coffee tasted fine. But quite annoying I have to go buy small cups. We like a mugs of coffee
Seems easy to use and clean . So far.

Tennis42

Tennis42Melbourne

Simple Coffee Machine Works Well

There may be fancier coffee machines out there but for the price this one from Aldi can't be beat.
It makes a really good cafe style coffee and does the milk too, although that takes a lot of practice to get just right. Its under a fair amount of pressure and I got milk all over my shirt the first time I tried. It is also important to clean the wand after using of you get dried milk clogging it up
The coffee making process is quick and easy and cleaning up is simple. too. It's a good basic machine and you really can't go wrong for the price.

Melbourne

MelbourneGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Explosive Coffee

I bought this last Saturday and it just exploded coffee everywhere! The force was that strong that it blew the handle out of my hand spraying coffee everywhere all over me and my kitchen..
Pretty bloody dangerous!
Also this week my sterling oven blew a light globe its only been used 5 times .. it was a gift and they can’t find receipt so I have to get a stat dec to prove it was purchased at Aldi !! Yeah because woolies sell your brand .. or perhaps my daughter walked out with it in her arms .. pretty poor form ALDI

Len1010

Len1010South East Queensland, QLD

Leaks like the TITANIC Full of Gunge

Boiler wise Great, Looks Great even sort of works but it constantly LEAKS water all over the bench when its used.
Cleaning is difficult and the steam pipe has serious flaws in that the heat shield moves around allowing milk gunge under it and the steam tube is generally hard to clean requiring dismantling and inspection of the many nooks and crannies that fill with old milk!. All in all a BIG Disappointment. My same priced Sunbeam is FAR BETTER with none of these serious issues!
I have contacted Aldi and advised them of the design Faults and await their response!
Save your money and don't buy this one or take it back if you have already made the same mistake as me.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Ruth

RuthAustralia

This is perfect and I love it

It’s my first coffee machine and I love it. Ease clean, Ease use and make excellent coffee. And don’t need to buy expensive. My family make a 3-4 times daily, and I recommend this machine to everyone who love coffee with 3 years warranty. Thanks Aldi for all your products.

S1mmo

S1mmomelbourne

Good Basic Coffee Machine

I am getting good results but this is obviously a budget machine.
It pulls a good extraction with lots of crema but it isn't quite in the zone. yet. I have experimented with different tamping pressures and this alters things quite a lot.
I can get a decently heated milk no worries but again it required a bit of practise.
This is an adequate basic unit. Don't expect miracles for the price but it does the job and you need to practise a bit to get it happening.
I feel it is good value with Aldi's 3 year guarantee.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Davo

Davo

Lovely Coffee Machine

My first Coffee Machine and I am very happy with the machine. I make 1-2 coffees a day
I would recommend the machine especially with the 3yr warranty.
Pros
heats within around 20 seconds.
good crema.
easy to use.
Cons
Coffee filter does not stay in the portafilla when you knock out the coffee grinds so we have to scrape out with a teaspoon.
Coffee beans need a very fine grind, I am using setting 3 on the aldi grinder and even then in 25 seconds the amount of coffee is greater than 30ml maybe 50mm but still tastes great.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Bill

BillAshfield

Piece of trash DO NOT BUY

So just about every electrical item I've purchased from ALDI this is a piece of unequivocal trash. I've tried 5 different types of beans and countless grinds and it still produces an over extracted anaemic mess. the crema is weak as hell and dissappears within a minute (I only drink double espressos). God this thing is a piece of crap. DO BUY SPEND YOU MONEY (or your time) ON THIS GARBAGE. I don't know how ALDI gets away with selling the trash they sell! I suppose there's lots of bogans who think they're getting a deal.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Josh W

Josh WAlbury

Its does the job, barely.

We've had many a coffee outta this puppy, and it's starting to show. When we first got it back in August (2017) it was pretty damn good for a budget machine. Yes you've gotta play a part in every step but that's what you get at this price point. It was a bit noisy but not unbearable. Roll around February (2018) and its starting to pull weak shots of coffee. No matter how hard or loose the coffee is tamped (I used to run a cafe, its not user error) it will always pour a weak, watery disgrace (not the beans either). The next shot is generally a bit stronger and the 3rd is ok. So something going on with pump? Anyway, 3 year warranty makes me less angry about it. Will return it soon as I can find a decent machine on sale.

Mary O

Mary OAlbury

Great coffee machine!

I bought this as a replacement for the never-ending issues with a Sunbeam coffee machine. It looks great on my kitchen bench! It makes a great crema - I use the Aldi ground coffee (mild yet satisfying!) And the frother works well. I love that it has a 3 year warranty! Since purchasing it in August, have had no issues. Pleased to see the machine in special buys recently. I thoroughly recommend the machine- we usually make 4 coffees a day and it hasn't missed a beat. I re-fill the water tank before every use- tends to use quite a bit- by just pouring water in to the tank. Easy to use and wipe clean.

Joe Fernandez

Joe FernandezSydney

Horrible unfortunately - not worth the troubles

GourmetEngPerth

GourmetEngPerthPerth

First Impressions

Dejasview

DejasviewGeelong East

What a great little machine!

zoe n.

zoe n.asked

My coffee machine is no longer working. How do I claim the warranty? Do I bring it in-store? Thank you

HappyCamper

I have no idea. Best get your purchase receipt ready and call them on the number on their warranty card.

Teresa

Teresaasked

What is the weight of the machine?

stacey

staceyasked

Hi! I’ve turned it on and i can’t seem to get it drip coffee. The machine is only blinking the red & blue lights. Can I have a copy of the manual? I no longer have mine.

HappyCamper

You may care to check online for a manual.
To check your machine works remove the portafilter (the handle assembly thingy that holds the coffee). Make sure you have put water in the tank (you did fill the tank didn't you). Then switch unit on (bottom switch), make sure steam dial is on zero (about 1 o'clock position) and press the pump (middle) button. If water comes out you're halfway there.

Fill portafilter with ground coffee and GENTLY tamp down. Replace in its position, wait for the green light (or until temperature gets to about 92-94°) and press the pump button.

If no coffee comes out grind may be too fine or youve tamped it down too hard or both.

If none of the above work grab your receipt or proof of payment and ring Aldi to make a warranty claim if you're eligible.

HappyCamper

FWIW I have never seen a blue light on my machine. Red green and yellow (power, brew ready, steam ready) are the only ones mentioned in the manual. None blink. Yours may be indicating some fault but nothing about blinking lights is mentioned.

Get an answer from our members and ALDI representatives