Amcal

Amcal (page 2 of 5)

See the Best Chemists in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

russell d

russell d

Ridiculously Expensive

Bought my meds to this store located in Newington , NSW. I opted to get a generic brand and was surprised for the cost. It was almost twice as much compared to my local chemist. I just don't have any choice to buy it elsewhere and I need to take the meds sooner.

Amanda

AmandaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Won't Price Match Online to Instore

Checked Gripe Water price online - $5.99 on special - went to local Amcal store - price $9.49 - read online FAQ - Amcal won't price match to online or in store prices???
How can they justify this when they are the same company????
Walked out without purchasing the product - going to Chemist Warehouse.
The only good thing I can say about our local Amcal is that they are open all day on a Sunday which helps if you have a late afternoon appointment and need medication.

solutionj

solutionjBallina

Overpriced Generic Products

Just purchased 3 generic items from the Bardens store in Darwin and paid $67 compared to the same 3 brand items from Chemist Warehouse that came to $46. How can they justify increasing generics above brand? This is a massive increase. Sorry you have lost a customer and everyone else I tell...

Mike

MikeMelbourne

Amcal Click-and-Collect censored my negative review

I placed a Click-and-Collect order on-line and received email confirmation that my order was being processed and that I would be advised when it was ready for pickup. After a week I rang to check my order status and was told that it had been delivered to my local Amcal store, but that the store had simply put the goods into stock and had failed to contact me. This was soon resolved and I picked up the goods some 10 days after ordering.
Days later I was invited, by email, to review my transaction, which I did giving a polite but negative review.
Today I received an email advising that my review had been "moderated" and would not be published!
This amounts to censorship.

Luangwa3

Luangwa3Narre Warren

Overcharged

The Wonthaggi pharmacy charged us a dollar more than our home pharmacist. When asked why, they said it was so we would reach your medicare threshold faster!!
That's a bit like your coffee shop charging you double for your first cup for two stamps so you get you free coffee faster!!

mich

michSydney

rude pharmacist; expensive medicine

pharmacist at met centre george st very rude! and prescription tablets are way too expensive. Mine is $4 higher than priceline!

We are Newbies.... Very Impressed

We buy Optifast in $1000 lots and then nothing for ages. Our local chemist gave us a good discount on the $55 a box that they charge, but then the manager changed. We Googled Optifast and got onto AMCAL on Line. Wonderful !!! and at $40 a box including free delivery. Delivery Melbourne to Bundy in a week.TIPS when setting up your account you have to use a a mix of Letters and numbers on your password. Don't forget your product purchase includes a a free gift such as a nail polishing kit but you have to quote the gift # like NAIL.

rumy

rumy

VERY costly

more costly as campare to other store.
Other store 12.99 and this store 18.99 - big difference same product . I will not recommended because if it is 1 or 2 dollar it's ok but huge difference

Was too expensive medicine than others

I bought medicine from Amcal in Melbourne airport , total price $37.40 including 2.5water

But.. i got check website and other sellers

It's price more $7 than website or $9 difference than other sellers , i just want to know why same product too much different price

Hydralyte orange Tab 17.95
Buscopan frote 20mg 10tab 16.95

idashan

idashanVictoria

Shop twice online, good experiences

Was browsing the internet one night & saw the sale on the Amcal website, went into it & ordered a few things. choice the pick & collect option to save my delivery charge. had the order within a week without extra charge.
very easy process & i checked out as guess.
went on the website last weekend, compared the price with CW, found that Amcal actually cheaper on those items. quickly place the order & had the pick up within 2 days.
So far the experiences was good, however, really need to shop around & know the price that you after.
Services at the counter was good too. will use the online service again.

PJay

PJayGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Prescription medication so expensive!

My prescription medication costs me $7.39 at chemist warehouse. So I was shocked when I visited Amcal at Southern Cross station and they told me that the exact same medication was more than $20 (almost triple the price). A few dollars difference in pricing I can understand but this is unbelievable!

Way more expensive for the prescription medicine!!!

Such a huge price difference when compared with Chemist warehouse! I was so surprised when I check the same prescription medicine price online where the Elocon Cream 50g is only $28 at Chemist whereas I was charged $39.50! Unbelievable!!!

Are you for Real

Are you for RealForster

Amcal Max Forster NSW - Shameful - Judgemental -Opininated

Sani

Sani

Bought a same product at a different Amcal Chemist for $10.00 dearer

I was recently prescribed a drug I need to take for a long time and have collected my first packet last month. My first packet was purchased at Amcal Max in Casuarina NT which is just next to the Medical Clinic.
As I am working in the CBD, I’ve decided to collect my second packet ( a month later) at the Amcal Barden Chemist in the Galleria Smith Street mall. Firstly, I had to wait about 20 minutes and when I went to pay for it, I was charged $10.00 more for the same product. I was unaware of this until I got home and looked at my old packet and the price on it.
I think this is rip off! I am so upset and feel cheated!

Taran

Taran

Ripping off charging double the price and rudely refusing to refund

After midnight bought blood pressure machine from Amcal @ craigieburn central paying Aus$129/-and went to return after couple of hours as I realised the same one at super saver discount chemist is half the price I,e Aus$70/-approximately the girl at counter refused to take back even it was not sealed by advising me to sell it or give someone as Christmas gift
I request her to call supervisor or someone senior which she refused.
She has no customer skills at all the way how to talk to customer even how to convince customer even unable to make refunds she just lost a customer for future as I left without buying another items which I bought from another farmacy and also will make aware my other relatives and friends about what happened.

Kellie

KellieLaunceston

Their Excellent Prices are Let Down by a Terrible Website

yienp

yienp

Terrible faulty replacement process

Bought humidifier online and faulty after 2 nights. Brought back to Nunawading branch local amcal store and they say they do not do replacement. They say website and store are completely different business. They provide option to replace with the local store rep but have to wait for few days. Local store owner said it is a favour for customer. How is this a favour?? Why can’t they replace with their own stock??? Horrible Amcal business practice!!!

terrible website!!

online website shocking - stock not available at checkout with no info as to which item was out of stock - just an ID number given!? had to re-enter payment info many times info to get order to go through

Gavin

GavinPerth, WA

Prescription rip off

Very disappointed with Amcal after I was charged $18.36 for a prescription instead if $5.30 at chemist warehouse. I told the staff about the price difference who said wow it must be because they buy in bulk. What and Amcal doesn't? Don't go to Amcal unless you like being ripped off.

Dee

DeeSydney

Check prices elsewhere and check 'Special' offers