American Airlines

DennisGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Disappointing Response to Corona Virus Situation

David

DavidMelbourne

So Bad, It's Funny...When it Happens to Someone Else. :)

MWN

MWNSydney, NSW

Always have problems with American airlines

We have been to America on holidays 3 times and had no option but to use American airlines which always disappoint. The last time we flew with them they lost our daughters pram on the way to Disneyworld so we ended up buying a new pram while we were there just so they could loss that one on our trip home. We have tried to contact them but have given up even getting a response back. This is the first time we have not recovered our luggage the previous two times we eventually recovered it however it was in very poor condition with some items broken in transit. Very poor customer service and support but sadly not many alternatives available.

Grynners

GrynnersPerth, WA

Worst Airline Ever

The whole experience with this airline was very bad indeed.
They deliberately seperate couples to get you to pay extra for seats. This occurred on every flight even though seats next to my wife were empty. The staff attitude is also far from what we expected we found them rude and service is diverging they know nothing about.
Just got with anyone else .
I only used them as they are partners with Qantas . Also flew United airlines and it was like night and day.

tman

tman

Solid. No issues. Good food.

Leg room not amazing but everything else was good! Flight staff were helpful and easy going and flight was 70% capacity which made it even more comfortable.

Jade

JadeBrisbane

Never made my destination....

Worst airline ever

Najy

NajySydney Australia

Never fly with AA again

Biel

Biel

Refund

I had a nonrefundable return ticket from LA to Cancun,but had to cut my trip short due to death in family,happy to say they handled my request for refund quickly and refunded my nonrefundable ticket.

Stacndave

StacndaveHunter Region, NSW

Never ever again American Airlines

Jeff

JeffMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Trip to the USA

Danny

DannySydney, NSW

Dishonest Company who try to steal your money

TezInOz

TezInOzSydney, NSW

Charges extra to sit together!

I recently flew with AA from Sydney to Los Angeles and when I checked in, they put my 16 year old daughter and I on completely different seats, different sections and different sides of the plane and none of the rude attendants would assist. Worst 15 hours of my life, concerned about her on the other side. There was also a group of four people in line while boarding complaining about the same thing. When I arrived in LA, I found out that AA charges $90 to $200 USD to select seats and that's per seat. Next time, pay the little extra and fly with someone else because being separated from family while travelling, is not fun at all!

Consistently bad service and product

Chaotic service points. Rude staff on the ground and in the air. Sub-standard food. Dirty and unkept cabins. I would rather not travel to a destination than have to travel with them.

Arunas Skersis

Arunas SkersisKaunas

Flight attendants are the worst I have ever met!

Karolina

KarolinaAU

Possibly the worst airline I've ever dealt with.

Booked a flight from Syd to LA and received a message that they couldn't guarantee meals.
Needed to cancel the return flight and was promised a refund of the unused ticket. Then I was contacted and told that they won't be refunding me. It took a lot of contact before they decided what their policy would be. Hassle to deal with.

American Airlines Syd > LAX and LAX > Syd

Looking for perfection

Looking for perfectionSydney, NSW

Customer Service on the plane is NON Existent. Disabled treated as inconveniences and burdens.

I was travelling with an 18 year old son with Cerebral Palsy. An aisle wheelchair was required to board. During the flight, the crew was nowhere to be seen. I pressed few times for assistance, no one came. When the plane landed, nearly all staff exited and left us sitting there. No one ordered us an aisle wheelchair till I went down the front of the plane and asked for one. On Qantas, the staff are always attentive and forward planning of the wheelchair. American Airlines have so much to learn. American Airlines continue to treat disabled human beings as inconveniences and burdens.

Don't fly United

Terrible! Cancelled my flight the day of didn't tell me. Told me I could alternatively get a ride that would get me to my destination at midnight where I would in return have to catch a flight the next day to leave! I just wanted to see my kids before I deployed. lady rolled her eyes when I said refund my money. Great way to treat military!

ROKU