American Express Travel

American Express Travel

See the Best Booking Services in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Nahid

NahidGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Don't even try to book through them!

Horrible experience and the most useless, annoying and unprofessional customer service. Once you booked you CAN'T do anything to it! No seat selection option, no date change, no online check in, NOTHING!

Booking Type Flights

Justin M.

Justin M.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

no ability to make a change still more than 3 months

Their customer service is so ordinary. We are more than 3 months out from our trip and they can't/ refuse/ or just want extra $$$ to make any changes and the cost of the changes are more than rebooking through anyone else website, what a joke. It would have to be the last online booking company in the world that is that inflexible. I wouldn't use, and I will never use them again.

Trip Completed No
Booking Type Accomodation
Freddy

FreddySouth East Queensland, QLD

Totally useless

Old looking web page, unreliable and un-practical. Page not easy to navigate nor do searches. Amex is always more expensive than other travel sites. Have to use for my $400 Explorer card credit but the the extent.

Booking Type Accomodation
Mouli

MouliSydney Surrounds, NSW

car booking is worse with Amex travel booking donot use it at all go for other companies

Hi,i did car rental reservation with Amex . car booking from Wellington and drop off at Auckland.
total amount paid . but they have small terms and condition that, any amount asked by a vendor we have to pay. so when i went to Wellington to pick they charged me lot of amount (few hundreds) It is rediculous. amount. (the terms and conditions are favour to Amex, even if they ask 10 grand either you pay it but if you cancel many fees apply). so for me overall it costed me more than 100$ per day . where Amex looted me . in other website all it cost is less than $60 per day for same .

Trip Completed Yes
Booking Type Car Hire

dmisso42

dmisso42Victoria

Don't bother

Bought Amex's Travel Insurance, provided through Chubb. It cost me AUD1665. When I tried to make a claim (my passport was stolen in Bali), the website was totally unhelpful. After a prolonged process I finally managed to talk to a sentient being at the contact address, who said they would send me claim forms within "five to ten working days.
Seems Chubb Insurance does not have many "working days" as it has now been three months and still nothing.
I won't be using that Travel Insurance again!

Mike

Mike

What's the point of this platinum service?

I don't see any value in using this the American express platinum travel service. It's not personalised and the agents don't appear to care much other than it being another transaction.

I called to get some quotes for a family holiday over Christmas for 6 nights and advised my budget. Amex appears to generally be more expensive than other suppliers so need to shop around.

Amex came back with a quote that was for 10 nights and almost 40% over my budget without any other option. Called again and spoke to a really nice agent who told me they would get back to me within 3 days and it's now almost 7 days and counting.

What is the purpose of this service when I can do all this online and save time and money?

Nakul

NakulGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Pretty disappointing interface & UI/UX for such an exceptional global credit card brand

Michael

MichaelMelbourne

Worst travel service in my experience!

Don't waste your time with AMEX Travel!!! Impossible irresponsible customer service.
I had to reschedule a flight, one consultant said I could get a travel credit, when I called back to confirm they hadn't taken notes and said that conversation never happened. I called again to speak to a team leader, I was on a list to call back, they never did. I forfeited the flight and had to purchase another. No compassion, no idea, no coordination, no respect. Terrible service

rummage

rummageSydney, NSW

Poor customer service, gives you the runaround, avoid!

I made a hotel booking online with them that needed to be rebooked to a new date, which requires the old booking to be refunded and travel credits transferred to the new booking. The process takes ages, as of this writing it's still not done after 3 months! The travel consultant doesn't do their job, as they blame their account team, as they don't follow-up rather wait for them to respond. Couldn't even provide an ETA but rather expect you to wait for them indefinitely.

Mia Goldsmith

Mia GoldsmithRichmond

Great for points but higher prices

We used their services on the weekend as we had a getaway and to be honest yes we had points which paid for most yet when I compared the site to booking.com and trivago and direct with the hotel I ended up paying $160 more on the Amex site!

Yes I know it's a points grab but surely the prices aren't that much higher?!

I won't use again unless they match the prices.

Easily Pleased, but.....