1.1

• Trip Completed Yes · No (18)
  • Ease of Booking

I got my money from amoma

I booked a hotel via amoma.com. And after they bankrupt, but i contact my bank institute, they told me to send the all details and email report i contacted with amoma, after 2 months i got my money from bank.. anyway my problem was sort out..

Megan M.

Megan M.Sydney, NSW

Total thieves

Found out today when i went to book airport pick up that they had cancelled our accommodation booking with the resort back in September. Paid in full in June. I had no notice at all and would not have know until landing in Thaliand if I had not contacted the resort today. Clearly scum bags knew they going bust and grabbed back as many people's funded bookings as they could first. Long awaited holiday just devestated like that.

Denise

DeniseSouth East Queensland, QLD

Gave them a 1 as a rating as no O option.

Total rip off. Booked $600 AUD worth of Hotel accommodation only to find my Hotel Booking had been cancelled due to Non payment. They took my money knowing they had closed there doors. My Bank now investigating the transaction.

Find out how AMOMA.com compares to other Booking Services

Rip off merchants. Take the money and run

I booked through this group and received an email to say ceased trading and the accommodation would most likely cancel our booking. Rang the resort and it was Amoma that cancelled. Took the money and ran. THIEVES

MelissaMelbourne

Disgraceful

I booked a hotel two week's ago and paid $1555. They instantly took the funds from my account. A friend let me know about them going bankrupt. I didn't even receive a letter.

tintinMid North Coast, NSW

Absolutely disgusting

I Booked a hotel for $500 and received an email on Saturday saying the company had gone into administration! I booked in March 2019 & Amoma charged me in advance. It is Impossible to contact them on line. I contacted the hotel who told me that Amoma had canceled my reservation...but they have not paid the hotel!
Absolutely disgusting behaviour and first rate embezzlers
It seems they are (were) based in Switzerland

No stars Fraudulent travel company

Booked 5 star accommodation in Greece for over AUD $2,000 in March this year, paid in full. Received email Saturday morning informing company have ceased trading. We go next week, phoned the hotel in Greece who informed us they were never paid and booking has been cancelled. Now everything is booked up or more expensive at last minute. Howcan companies get away with this as it was found viaTripAdvisor. Only good thing we paid on credit card so bank will reimburse. But we have had to find further monies until they do.

MikeAus

MikeAusSydney, NSW

Lost money with AMOMa

Just found out the hotel in Penang doesn’t have my bookings! $800...my bad is I paid be debit card, anyone knows if I can get this money back? Thanks for your help.

no stars

i booked a hotel for my daughter and i so i could take her to a cheer comp to compete in melbourne for nationals. SPENT over $500 and now i got an email to say they closed down and there are no refunds. IM DISGUSTED'!!!! I had a bad feeling about this and now look at what they have done!

John D

John DSydney, NSW

Bankruptcy - reclaiming of funds suggestion

Like the previous reviewer, I awoke this morning to an email from Amoma advising it had ceased trading and that it was likely the prepaid hotel booking I had made in June would be cancelled. While I haven't as yet received confirmation of this from the hotel, I was delighted my credit card company has informed me it will cover any loss in full. This is especially so since I discovered the terms of my travel insurance did not extend to insolvent suppliers failing to deliver what had been purchased (which surprised me). Contacting your credit card company could be an option for others, even if they have travel insurance that covers this kind of situation (since insurance claims usually have an excess).

Jim S

Jim SSydney, NSW

Closed for bankruptcy

Just received email from them indicating that they had gone into bankruptcy. Paid $1200 in April for Oct accommodation in Us. checked today no funds received. Might get some back from insurance.

Nic

Nic

Website crashed,booked a different room than I wanted.

Louey6thVictoria

won't stand by their own policy

My friend recently tried to modify a booking for us for Vibe Sydney. Vibe has indicated online to Amoma that they will accept a modification, but their hands are tied because Amoma require the full payment again before they will budge.
I attempted to make contact with Amoma by phone. They kept me on hold for over an hour waiting to get through to a representative, with a recorded message every 15 minutes advising me that I am still connected. If that was any indication of their service, I wasn't going to bother any further.
Whatever happened to the personal touch and customer service?
No way would I ever recommend Amoma.

Louey6th

Shame I had to write a negative review before we got the attention we required.

Cheapest but risky site

not happy jan not happy

not happy jan not happy AU

Be careful and confirm your accom bookings

Donna Seymour
54348471.
Waiting to hear from you when you realise that your company cannot fulfil my request for accommation at airlie beach hotel qld.

Cheryl

CherylGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Never again! AMOMA quoted the price in AUD and I got slugged with over $100 in “bank charges”! Ludicrous!

Credit cards normally breakdown these charges however it was a whole amount on my statement so I call [Word Removed] on it! Never again! Misleading is an understatement! Customer service was so generic and useless

Never use this company

I must confess I did not even search online about this company before I used them to book a hotel in Seattle. NEVER AGAIN. Our plane got cancelled so we tried to cancel our reservation through AMOMA. They claim that you can cancel reservations online but I challenge anybody to find how to do it. They also claim to have phone customer support (917-624-9013) that has a message that claims that "all our agents" are "busy" every so often. Yet I was on the phone for THREE HOURS and nobody picked up.

The worst company I've ever dealt with. Will never use them again and I recommend everybody to stay away from them.

Ivantravel
Ivantravel
paul

paulMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Beware

Repeated failure to complete advertised bookings then ring with a short time only offer at higher price. There was no delay in original booking process but it allegedly failed to process as the room was unavailable even though availability was still reported to exist in searches. A system fail. Went elsewhere and found competitve pricing from direct booking.

Yes amoma you are aware of this as I have recieved a phone call and emailed offer at higher price which was also unavailable for booking within 5 minutes of reciept.

Petenleemccarthy

Petenleemccarthyasked

I just called my Bali hotel for confirmation only to be told that are Amoma cancelled my booking without my knowledge after I paid in full $800.
I have called a number +41 225 182 013.
And I cannot get connected.
I am meant to be at my hotel this Monday and now it is cancelled and you have my money.
I am in Australia what do I do now.
I paid your company back in July in full and I do not know why you waited until September and then cancel my booking and kept my money

Melissa

Yes same thing has happened to us. I'm $1500 out of pocket. Hope you have travel insurance. Alternatively contact your bank to see if they can do anything. You will need to rebook and pay in the mean time. AMOMA have gone out of business, therefore you cannot contact them.

Same as Melissa....

Cath G.
Cath G.

Same thing happened to my son. They cancelled his booking and kept the $500. He only found out when he fronted at the hotel. Scammers!!

Tine Carlos

Tine Carlosasked

hi amoma.. we are in the hotel and they want us to pay again with our stay.. but we have a confirmed booking with you.. pls help us on this?no means to pay again... pls...

tintin

Amoma has gone bankrupt. Having been informed by Amoma that they had ceased trading, we contacted the hotel that we booked & paid in march earlier this year via Amoma.. The hotel confirmed that a third party had advised them that our reservation had been canceled, but they had not received the money....We therefore had to book again (directly with the hotel) and we will have to pay a second time (when we stay there, in 3 weeks). We had no choice but to choose this solution.
We will probably enquire if our Credit Card company can cover this
Amoma=Disgraceful

Nadeem.L

Nadeem.Lasked

i booked a hotel in istanbul 2 weeks ago and paid through Amoma.
Hotel says booking not confirmed as at today.
Send me clarifications.

Get an answer from our members and AMOMA.com representatives