Ancestry.com

Ancestry.com (page 4 of 6)

Reviewer

Reviewer

Don’t bother - did not provide any additional insight I wouldn’t have been able to get myself

No family insight very genetic findings. Have grace doubts that they actually tested DNA so the kit I imagine is propaganda and for show. Very expensive for very disappointing results

Nena

NenaIllawarra, NSW

Frustrating Service

I signed up for searching ancestors during the free trial system. I quickly sent an email within 2 days to cancel within the FREE trial time. The only link supplied went to support @ archives. I had another direct debit of exactly the same amount so did not realise that for about 9 months I had been charged for a service I had not used. It was NOT transparent at all that you have to go into your account & follow a convoluted process.
Put a complaint in, since then nothing but a run-around with different people answering questions in the wrong way.
Terrible organisation. I’m contacting Fair Trading.

Graham

GrahamGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Rotten Business

Signed up for the DNA and that went no probs. Got the results no probs. Try to delete my account virtually impossible. The Verification Code required to delete the account via email never arrives. There is NO email address to contact this 'business'. Rang customer service for Australia and spoke with 2 people neither of whom use English as a first language. They refused to send me an email or help me close the account over the phone despite putting me through an I.D process which I passed because yep I own the account. Disgusted.

MINC

MINCNSW, 2145

Paid $90, Cant get results, cant get an answer!

Bought the Dna kit, sent it off but can't get the results, no notification, no answers from customer service, have been waiting waiting waiting. I hope they can send a notification.

Monica

MonicaSydney, NSW

Cancellation problem

I received notification that I had to cancel my automatic renewal by end of January. Due to illness, I missed out by a few days and cancellation was confirmed but my subscription would be cancelled at the next due date, some 12 months later however, they say you have a 30 grace period to notify them and receive a full refund. No such luck as my card was debited and despite emails well within the 30 days and unanswered phone calls, I am still out of pocket by over $300 with absolutely no way of getting my money back. Do not give these people your Credit Card.

horrible service

Very angry with this organisation. After waiting for more than 8 weeks and no response, I am told that they have never activated my kit I had to wait fore more than 30 minutes for phone call to be answered.

Integrity

IntegrityGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

My account was debited and I didn't authorise it.

If I Could Give ZERO Stars I would

Jay

JaySydney

AncestryDNA test results are disgraceful

Find out how Ancestry.com compares to other Services

Cancelation conveniently and deliberately delayed

I cancelled with this company, well within the free time trial period and was informed that in fact it was cancelled on screen. I have an image to that effect stating an email confirmation would be forthcoming as well. It never did. When I confronted this Ancestory,com crowd by phone, they asked me if I wanted it cancelled. I stated it was cancelled but it wasn't, its just as well that I called to complain. She cancelled it again from her side and she stated it was not cancelled. I dont trust this company one bit. I just hope it is cancelled now or else I will lose another months subscription for nothing - amazing ..... same nonsense different day

edwali

edwalibundoora

ANCESTRY IN AUSTRALIA IS NOT RELIABLE

I was very satisfied with my results while Australia was sending the kit to USA. So happy finding too many new members of my big ancestral family! So, i sent for a kit for my husband. It arrived in time. We sent it. This time it did not leave Australia, results were searched for locally. Well ... it took them 2 months to inform us that something went wrong and if my husband wanted he could ask for another kit. We did twice by phone, in August last year and a month ago. Still waiting. The lady on the phone took hours to understand what we wanted and even longer to find him in their system. I was so disappointed! Why can't we be as effective as in America?

queenofsheba

queenofshebaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Once you pay the hints dry up.......

Disappointed. Very Basic and Simple Information Results

I'm very disappointed with my results.
Don't feel they were entirely true... very generic description which would probably fit anyone in Australia.
Looked basic and simple, something like a child would receive for homework.
Also I was charged for an additional subscription which I don't recall asking for & have asked for a credit but have heard nothing back....

Don’t join if you have a relative who has abused any of your family members

I have a relative who I can’t block that has threatened our lives +++ in the past and unless I have their username, you can’t block an abuser/pedophile etc. This puts you and your family at risk.

Brian

BrianBrisbane

Purchased two and only one return envelope.

My wife purchased two of these. They came on one envelope and only one envelope was supplied to return the DNA. I bought as presents for people two hundred km's away. How do they return them? Tried to get another envelope, but to no avail.

Family Story

Family StoryGold Coast

Great resource! Highly recommend

I’ve had great success with Ancestry. Been so easy to create a large tree. Too many hints to investigate - that’s a good thing. I’m looking forward to continuing with this company.

Mike B

Mike BDarling Downs, QLD

Waste of time.

How can someone whose great grandfather was a full blood indigenous Australia have his DNA test come back as being predominately English plus a couple of other European countries? His test results virtually matched another person's test done at the same time who doesn't have any Indigenous Australian ancestry. A complete waste of money with very dubious results.

Renee E

Renee EToowoomba

They had one job! Make a website. And it doesn’t work.

After trying to cancel my subscription and continuing to be charged, they would only refund one month payment. They had one job - to make a website. And it doesn't even work properly. I have screenshots and screen recordings of me canceling online and they wouldn’t accept it.

Also I couldn’t find any info on my family so that’s why I cancelled.

SLW

SLW

Just don’t!

I can not recommend this site, at all. After signing up for a trial only, Ancestry.com took $$ from my account after a credit card had been changed without being given the new details when they said the acct was up for renewal. How they were allowed to do this is beyond me. When I contacted them the response I got was that some banking institutions forward on your new details if an account is up for renewal. How this is allowed to happen without the customers permission is astonishing. Beware of the automatic renewal process and the opt out process is not easy either. Buyer beware!

Sad Sam

Sad SamChiltern, Victoria

When technical updates go so horribly wrong!