Ancestry.com

Ancestry.com

Anna O.

Anna O.South East Queensland, QLD

Ancestry.com.au deletes information you've previously saved

australian ancestry site keeps deleting the information that I've already done. It disapears overnight. I've had to print family tree jsut to reenter the information when it the website deletes whole branches of the tree.

Sandy

SandySydney, NSW

So slow....can't handle the traffic of so many users

I understand why Ancestory.com.au database is not coping well with the traffic of so many staying at home due to Coronavirus and spending lots of time on their website updating family history....however what my beef is, they are doing a mothers day special trying to get more users.....they can't cope with what they have now, it times out, hangs, and today the edit field doesn't open up. No more users please until you get improved IT.

Brenda L

Brenda LGold Coast

Got overcharged $100

Services

Find out how Ancestry.com compares to other Services

Ianthomo

IanthomoSydney Surrounds, NSW

Renewal Warning

The information gathered from Ancestry.com is invaluable but their policies on renewal need to be more transparent. BE WARNED - RENEWAL IS AUTOMATIC. While the small print in the T&Cs say it will be automatically renewed, I did not receive any notification that they were about to renew it nor did I receive any confirmation that they had renewed it. My only notification was the bill appearing on my bank statement. I was able to cancel but it cost me one month subscription.

Mrs C

Mrs CVIC Australia

Foreign Exchange fees on Ancestry.com.au subscription - buyer beware!

Overcharging and automatic renewal - no option

Pearl Tilleyasked

good morning I purchased a kit for my grand daughter and it doesnt seem as much information as I though it would have the bar code on the box was 487142932922 AU
hoping you can help?
Regards Pearl Tilley

I received your email

Pearl Tilley

what do you want me to write

Pearl Tilley

Hi Im still waiting to hear from you .

margaret masked

Why do I have to pay to receive information when I have already sent two samples and have yet to obtain any results?

margaret m

I just asked that question and again received no reply

MARGARET M

WHAT IS YOUR ANSWER

Margaret Mary hoyes

Margaret Mary hoyesasked

I am trying to find my results

Jimbo
Jimbo

Sorry but all i can say is good luck!! Unfortunately my experience with Ancestry.com tells me they are not reliable and are hit and miss with their results. Try another DNA provider

Jorge
Jorge

Not good. My cousin has done accurate research about our family’s heritage. I got my DNA estimate with my heritage and it was quite inaccurate in comparison to the research. Not recommended.