Angelcare AC401

Angelcare AC401

How to buy the best baby monitor

Every new parent wants peace of mind in knowing their baby is safe, and a reliable baby monitor can help. With so many different types available, understanding their pros and cons is important.

Read now

Angelcare monitor AC517 customer service

Purchased in January 2020.

Heshan

HeshanGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very dissatisfied with the product

I brought this product 3 weeks ago. First I thought it's working fine.

I found following 2 issues with it.

It fauls alarms even when the baby is moving. I did follow the correct installation as instructed.

Also the temperature reading is incorrect and it triggers a fauls alarm. I have 2 other temperature monitors in the room . One in the camera right next to it with correct temperature reading.

Very dissatisfied with the product

Purchased at Catch for A$169.00.

KyliePerth, WA

Love it

Love it. I have had this monitor for 6yrs and I got it second hand. It works perfectly even with a cracked screen from being dropped 2 years ago and a trip in the toilet yesterday.
It's so easy to use and set up and sound is great. I do wish I got the video one as I would like to see what they get up to without opening the door but that It is a personal preference.
The coverage isn't that great if I go out the front and bubs room is at the back it beeps to let me know I'm out of coverage. But it is old so they may have improved that.
I bought another brand for my eldest when I had bub #2 and it was the worse.

great product!

As a new mum, this product has given me great peace of mind. The instructions were easy to follow, and I like how the sensor pad is adjustable - I also love how sensitive it is to my baby's movement. The range of the monitor is great, I can be anywhere in my house and still know that it works. Overall I am really enjoying using this product, I also like its sleek design.

Don’t buy this monitor

Our first monitor broke after 6 months, we were told that our warranty ended so we bought another one, then about 5 months after that the charger stopped charging, they said we would have to buy a new charger, then a few months later our monitor broke again. We tried to contact customer service by email, phone and Facebook, but never heard back from them.

Ally B

Ally BPokolbin

Great features, works well for us.

Worst purchase of my life

Battery life on this item is terrible. After just a few uses it constantly needs to be plugged in. This monitor constantly goes offline and shuts off which isn't helpful when the baby is asleep. It's a monitor - and doesn't serve its purpose. Please save yourself money and headaches and purchase a different brand. I'm throwing this monitor out and purchasing a different brand. Too many frustrations. Extremely disappointed.

Valiant B.Angelcare

Hi Mama Bear, I am very sorry that this has been your experience. All our monitors have a 3 year warranty. If you would like to contact our customer service team they will be able to assist you. Our phone number is 03 9581 8000 :)

Ryan S

Ryan SAdelaide

So far so good.

The instructions to set up the device were a little bit confusing but once I got to grips with them it was fine. I am very happy with the product and it is reliable & works well. The heart rate monitor has not yet given be a false alarm. So far I would say it is worth the money.

tweek_vonsheek

tweek_vonsheekAU

Complete Peace of Mind ! .

Happy Mummy

Happy Mummy

Peace of mind made easy...

I had two little ones born 12 months apart and it was an easy decision to buy a second Angelcare system for our youngest. Easy to set up, great range on the parent unit and my littlest poppet still uses the night light even now that he's three. Money well spent. Twice :)

Does not charge and crackles

I was given the angel care monitor as a gift and was so pleased as believed it was a trustworthy brand. My little one is only 12 weeks and the monitors won't stay charged, have to be plugged into the wall constantly.
The monitor is also very crackley and annoying when you are trying to sleep
Disappointing

Valiant B.Angelcare

Hi Jess, do you have NIMH rechargeable batteries inserted in the parent unit. The AC401 has the option of 8 channels, have you tried changing channels?

Amy W

Amy W

Most unexpectedly worst buy EVER!!

No peace of mind

Incredibly hard to use. Directions are not clear. Goes off randomly and sometimes not at all. Was looking for peace of mind and all we got was frustration in the wee hours of the morning and no peace of mind just anxiety. I highly recommend buying a different brand that is more practical and more reliable

Valco B.Angelcare

Hi, you have mentioned this product was purchased through Amazon. There could be many reasons why this monitor is not would as the US is on a different frequency to Australia. Please call us on 03 9581 8000 to try and assist you further.

Tash

TashSydney

A reliable brand

Piece Of Junk

To all the prospective parents out there, congratulations on your little one. I am writing this review at 3:30am. My baby was sound asleep 15 minutes ago and this piece of rubbish product has gone off in the middle of the night waking the entire household. I managed to silence it and check my babies breathing perfect nothing wrong at all so I tiptoe back to bed goes off again for the four time in last week.
Was working fine the last 6 months and it is now waking me up more than my little girl.
Do yourself a favour and get a different brand, not worth your heart leaping into your chest everytime this thing malfunctions.

Valco B.Angelcare

Cookieandmilo

CookieandmiloMelbourne

My favorite baby purchase

We purchased this second hand and wow it has been our favorite baby product! The sound quality & range is excellent, absolutely love the ability to turn up or down the sensitivity so we don't ear bubs every little groan and grunt. The peace of mind with the movement by sensor is worth every dollar this cost. We have only had one false alarm when we had tucked too many blankets under the mattress and this caused the sensor pad to loose contact. Used with both our bassinet (1x pad) and cot (2x pads). A must have for any new parent.

Lisa C

Lisa CSydney

Buying the costly products doesn't always mean quality!

Wish I had of bought a cheap one! I purchased 2 of the AC401 monitors 3 years ago. 1 has an issue with the main monitor and the other has an issue with the parent unit. I enquired on repairs and have been told they don't do repairs I have to purchase the item from Angelcare at a total of $90.75. I should have purchased cheaper monitors and I could have replaced them and still been financially better off.

Love it!

When expecting our first bub my family purchased our Angelcare unit as bubs gift and have not been able to fault it at all. The senor mats give great peace of mind and I love that you can adjust the sensitivity if you have a fan in the room during summer. I test the mats every now and then by leaving something heavy in the cot and walking away and without fail it alerts me to the issue. My daughter is now transitioning to a bed and I will continue to use the unit for her and I am already arranging for a second set for bub #2 later in the year. Have also found the customer service to have been such a wonderful experience. When checking what mattress to purchase for the new bed I received an instant response which was more than helpful!

bronty_saurus

bronty_saurusAU

Great for peace of mind

Have found this monitor great for peace of mind.

Ny son is a tummy sleeper and refuses to sleep on his back (once he could roll by himself). He was also a very quiet baby when sleeping. If we had had a video monitor I wouldn't have been able to see what was happening as he would have been lying still on his tummy.

Monitor has very good (adjustable) sensitivity. Had a few false alarms when bub has moved to the edge of the mattress. Other than that it works well.

Rona09

Rona09AU

Mostly good

Bob

Bobasked

Is there a second pad that can be connected to the ac027

Hi Bob,

Thank you for the question. Was this for an additional child or for an additional pad under the same mattress?

If you don't mind, email us at: info@valiantbrands.com.au with your best contact number and one of our team will reach out to help find a suitable solution :)

Kindly,

AC team

Gareth

Garethasked

Angelcare movement monitor states " senses movement". Does this movement include breathing? Might sound like a silly question but if you have a new born and they are fast asleep then they won't be moving as in wriggling around. Want to clarify if the " movement" covers breathing in and out?

Kylie

It covers movement. If baby is in bassinet their breathing is picked up as movement (as I used it from newborn with all mine in a bassinet and it worked - not sure about cot as the mattress is thicker and baby at newborn is small) however if baby is not breathing but having a seizure of something it won't pick up that the baby needs help as baby is moving. I think there is one company that have a sock that works as a heart rate monitor so alarms will go off if baby isn't breathing. Hope this helped

Hi Gareth.
Thank you for your enquiry.
The Angelcare sensor pad senses all movement in the cot, including your baby's breathing.
Hope this helps.
Please do not hesitate to contact our customer service on (03) 9581 8000 if we can assist you further.

Stephen Cafferkey

Stephen Cafferkeyasked

Hi. Can a AC601 monitor work with the AC401? I have tried to link up the AC401 sensor pad with the AC601 monitor, but it doesn't appear to be compatible. Please advise?

Hi Stephen.

All the Angelcare monitors are their own integrated system, therefore can not have other model numbers added to them.
Please contact me on (03) 958 18034 and I will be able to assist you further with this.

Get an answer from our members and Angelcare representatives

CategoryBaby Monitors