5Angelcare AC401

VerifiedMPN:00666594200433
5Angelcare AC401

75% · 7219 · 20%

Picks up sound well
Clear signal over longer distances
Durable
Can be tricky to set up

hisui21
hisui21Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC19 posts
  Top Review

Fantastic for peace of mind

I bought the Angelcare sound and movement monitor, mainly for the movement detection after it was recommended by a friend. I find it is fantastic and gives myself and my husband great peace of mind. For the first 2 weeks of my son's life, we didn't have the monitor set up and found that we were constantly going into bubs room to check he was breathing. Although I am still acutely aware of the risk factors for SIDS, this monitor allows me to rest knowing if bubs stops breathing, we will be woken within 20 seconds so we can act fast. I recommend testing it occasionally so you know the movement sensor is still positioned right by lifting bubs out of the cot while it is still on. The unit is nice and compact and easy to operate, the screen is nice and clear and easy to read and the swinging pendulum is a great feature as it allows you to check to make sure it is still working. The parent unit has good battery life off the charger also. As I have a small house, I don't really require the sound monitor because I can hear bubs in the next room, however I did test it and I do find the hum or buzz described in other reviews to be a little annoying. As long as the sound is turned right down low though, there is no issue with this. Overall this is a fantastic product and I would recommend any parent purchase it so you can rest easily at night.
Peace of mind, easy to use, alarm feature is quite loud so you couldn't sleep through it
Buzzing sound in speakers when sound monitor volume is turned up, screen on parent unit is quite bright at night
Review your last purchase on ProductReview.com.au
Lesley Curry
Lesley CurryAU2 posts

Heshan
HeshanGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very dissatisfied with the product

I brought this product 3 weeks ago. First I thought it's working fine.

I found following 2 issues with it.

It fauls alarms even when the baby is moving. I did follow the correct installation as instructed.

Also the temperature reading is incorrect and it triggers a fauls alarm. I have 2 other temperature monitors in the room . One in the camera right next to it with correct temperature reading.

Very dissatisfied with the product Show details

KyliePerth, WA9 posts

Love it

Love it. I have had this monitor for 6yrs and I got it second hand. It works perfectly even with a cracked screen from being dropped 2 years ago and a trip in the toilet yesterday.

It's so easy to use and set up and sound is great. I do wish I got the video one as I would like to see what they get up to without opening the door but that It is a personal preference.

The coverage isn't that great if I go out the front and bubs room is at the back it beeps to let me know I'm out of coverage. But it is old so they may have improved that.

I bought another brand for my eldest when I had bub #2 and it was the worse.

izzy
izzy

great product!

As a new mum, this product has given me great peace of mind. The instructions were easy to follow, and I like how the sensor pad is adjustable - I also love how sensitive it is to my baby's movement. The range of the monitor is great, I can be anywhere in my house and still know that it works. Overall I am really enjoying using this product, I also like its sleek design.

L Cole
L Cole

Don’t buy this monitor

Our first monitor broke after 6 months, we were told that our warranty ended so we bought another one, then about 5 months after that the charger stopped charging, they said we would have to buy a new charger, then a few months later our monitor broke again. We tried to contact customer service by email, phone and Facebook, but never heard back from them.

Ally B
Ally BPokolbin21 posts

Mama Bear
Mama Bear

Worst purchase of my life

Battery life on this item is terrible. After just a few uses it constantly needs to be plugged in. This monitor constantly goes offline and shuts off which isn't helpful when the baby is asleep. It's a monitor - and doesn't serve its purpose. Please save yourself money and headaches and purchase a different brand. I'm throwing this monitor out and purchasing a different brand. Too many frustrations. Extremely disappointed.

Angelcare   DM

Hi Mama Bear, I am very sorry that this has been your experience. All our monitors have a 3 year warranty. If you would like to contact our customer service team they will be able to assist you. Our phone number is 03 9581 8000 :)

Ryan S
Ryan SAdelaide10 posts

So far so good

The instructions to set up the device were a little bit confusing but once I got to grips with them it was fine. I am very happy with the product and it is reliable & works well. The heart rate monitor has not yet given be a false alarm. So far I would say it is worth the money.

tweek_vonsheek
tweek_vonsheekAU11 posts

Happy Mummy
Happy Mummy4 posts

Peace of mind made easy

I had two little ones born 12 months apart and it was an easy decision to buy a second Angelcare system for our youngest. Easy to set up, great range on the parent unit and my littlest poppet still uses the night light even now that he's three. Money well spent. Twice :)

Jess
Jess

Does not charge and crackles

I was given the angel care monitor as a gift and was so pleased as believed it was a trustworthy brand. My little one is only 12 weeks and the monitors won't stay charged, have to be plugged into the wall constantly.

The monitor is also very crackley and annoying when you are trying to sleep

Disappointing

Angelcare   DM

Hi Jess, do you have NIMH rechargeable batteries inserted in the parent unit. The AC401 has the option of 8 channels, have you tried changing channels?

Amy W
Amy W3 posts

Baby
Baby

No peace of mind

Incredibly hard to use. Directions are not clear. Goes off randomly and sometimes not at all. Was looking for peace of mind and all we got was frustration in the wee hours of the morning and no peace of mind just anxiety. I highly recommend buying a different brand that is more practical and more reliable

Angelcare   DM

Hi, you have mentioned this product was purchased through Amazon. There could be many reasons why this monitor is not would as the US is on a different frequency to Australia. Please call us on 03 9581 8000 to try and assist you further.

Tash
TashSydney16 posts

Bianca v.
Bianca v.

Both my parent unit and baby unit have space for batteries (And I've replaced both with fully charged rechargeable batteries) but whenever the power goes out the baby unit in her room just dies and the parent unit just keeps beeping an alarm. Why isn't it switching over to battery use whenever the power goes out (and both units have space for batteries) what's the use for the baby unit having space for batteries then?

Monica H.
Monica H.

Hi there i have the AC401 with rechargeable batteries in
But as soon as there is a power outage my baby unit doesn't want to work and the parent unit keeps alerting me. Can anyone please help?

Eckhard B.
Eckhard B.

That is my same problem, can anyone help?

kyle d.
kyle d.

Can the parent unit / monitor light be turned off at night?

Features:

• The Angelcare AC401 baby monitor lets you hear every sound coming from your baby’s room on the portable Parent Unit.
  • The Parent Unit has a full colour digital display and tells you the temperature of the nursery, so that you can clearly see and know what’s going on in the other room.
  • It has a Sensor Pad which is meant to be slid under the cot mattress, and has motion detectors that pick up even your baby’s smallest movements.
  • The baby monitor can be used with most baby mattresses, except for memory foam mattresses or those with a hollow frame.
  • The Parent Unit is battery powered, and has a 15 hour battery life (on Sleep Mode).

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers said that the monitor had great range, and that the signal was clear over longer distances.
  • They also appreciated the high sound clarity of the speaker, as well as the fact that they could adjust the volume.
  • According to reviewers, this baby monitor is durable and holds up well over time. Some reviewers had purchased their unit second-hand and noted that it still worked perfectly.

A point of pain:

• Some reviewers found that the baby monitor was a bit tricky to set up.
CategoryBaby Monitors