5Angelcare AC401

Angelcare AC401 Questions & Answers

VerifiedMPN:00666594200433
Bianca v.
Bianca v.

Both my parent unit and baby unit have space for batteries (And I've replaced both with fully charged rechargeable batteries) but whenever the power goes out the baby unit in her room just dies and the parent unit just keeps beeping an alarm. Why isn't it switching over to battery use whenever the power goes out (and both units have space for batteries) what's the use for the baby unit having space for batteries then?

Kylie

Maybe contact the company and ask for the customer support and repairs. I know there was a place in Perth that fixed mine but unfortunately I can't remember the company name. Sorry. Mine has started doing the same but it is very old and has been through alot, so I think it was time to bin it.

Monica H.
Monica H.

Hi there i have the AC401 with rechargeable batteries in
But as soon as there is a power outage my baby unit doesn't want to work and the parent unit keeps alerting me. Can anyone please help?

Eckhard B.
Eckhard B.

That is my same problem, can anyone help?

kyle d.
kyle d.

Can the parent unit / monitor light be turned off at night?

Angelcare   DM

Hello. The AC401 parent unit has a temperature display along with other smaller icons displayed. This will go to a dull low light after popping the parent unit in the charging cradle and leaving it untouched for a few seconds, however you are unable to turn all the lights off on the unit.
Hope this helps.

Jdyson
Jdyson

Can I use two AC601 units in the same house? I want to buy an additional one for another child’s room.

Angelcare   DM

Hello. Thank you for your enquiry.
The AC601 has been discontinued for a little more than 6 years, however if you have 2 AC601 monitors, you will be able to use them in the one house as they can be set onto 2 different channels to avoid interference.
If you need any assistance in regards to this please contact us at info@valiantbrands.com.au

Andreea B.
Andreea B.

Hey. So the ac401 is on but as it picks movement and the light blinks, it stops but there is no alarm. It was working perfectly a day before.nothing changed.i didn't move it or something.what could be the problem?

Angelcare   DM

Hi Andrea. Hmm, sounds odd.
Please contact us at info@valiantbrands.om.au and we will be able to assist you further.

Bob
Bob

Is there a second pad that can be connected to the ac027

Angelcare   DM

Hi Bob, Thank you for the question. Was this for an additional child or for an additional pad under the same mattress?

If you don't mind, email us at: info@valiantbrands.com.au with your best contact number and one of our team will reach out to help find a suitable solution :)

Kindly,

AC team

Gareth
Gareth

Angelcare movement monitor states " senses movement". Does this movement include breathing? Might sound like a silly question but if you have a new born and they are fast asleep then they won't be moving as in wriggling around. Want to clarify if the " movement" covers breathing in and out?

Kylie

It covers movement. If baby is in bassinet their breathing is picked up as movement (as I used it from newborn with all mine in a bassinet and it worked - not sure about cot as the mattress is thicker and baby at newborn is small) however if baby is not breathing but having a seizure of something it won't pick up that the baby needs help as baby is moving. I think there is one company that have a sock that works as a heart rate monitor so alarms will go off if baby isn't breathing. Hope this helped

Angelcare   DM

Hi Gareth. Thank you for your enquiry.
The Angelcare sensor pad senses all movement in the cot, including your baby's breathing.
Hope this helps.
Please do not hesitate to contact our customer service on (03) 9581 8000 if we can assist you further.

Stephen Cafferkey
Stephen Cafferkey

Hi. Can a AC601 monitor work with the AC401? I have tried to link up the AC401 sensor pad with the AC601 monitor, but it doesn't appear to be compatible. Please advise?

Angelcare   DM

Hi Stephen. All the Angelcare monitors are their own integrated system, therefore can not have other model numbers added to them.
Please contact me on (03) 958 18034 and I will be able to assist you further with this.

Padma
Padma

can we use Angelcare sound and movement monitor for 7 years old kid?

Angelcare   DM

Angelcare recommends their movement monitor be used for up to 2 years of age. After this time the monitor may false alarm as the child is older than the recommended age.

Charné
Charné

Hii. How much should a baby way in order for the monitor to work?

Kylie

Not sure exactly but I used it from newborn. My 3 were 4325g, 3316, 3552g.

Angelcare   DM

Hi Charne, Thanks for your message and to Kylie for giving some insight.

The weight of bub is irrelevant, as you can control the sensitivity on the pad :)

Brendon Stallion
Brendon Stallion

I have purchased a brand new AC401. When set up without batteries in the nursery unit, it works perfectly. However, if I put AAA non-rechargable batteries in the nursery unit for backup incase of power failure the nursery unit starts to heat up. Within minutes of being turned on and connected to the mains power the temperature display on the parent unit went from 22c to over 30c, but the actual room temperature did not change. So the nursery unit was heating up. After I removed the batteries, it cooled down to correct room temperature. Is the unit faulty?

Angelcare   DM

Hi Brendon. This seems very odd.
Please contact me on (03) 9581 8034 and I will be able to assist you further.

Diana
Diana

Does anyone know which way the sensor should be installed. The writing stating - this side up - is on the white side of the sensor however, after reading the manual is states that the logo (blue side) should face up. The instructions on the sensor contradicts whats written in the manual. Any help would be great thanks.

Angelcare   DM

Hi Diana. Thank you for your enquiry.
Over the years the colors of the sensor pads have changed. Please place the side up which it is printed.

Laura M.
Laura M.

Hi I have a friend who's 8 year old has seizures. I have a spare monitor and pad, would this work for her?

Kylie

I would probably say no, as most monitors won't pick up the seizures as they are seen as movement. She would be able to hear but that's it.

Angelcare   DM

Hi Laura. Angelcare recommends using the sensor pads for up to 2 years of age.
The sensor pads monitor movement, and not seizures unfortunately.
You will not be able to use this system.
I apologize for this inconvenience.

SimonClaire P.
SimonClaire P.

Is the ac420 receiver compatible with ac401 unit?

Sorry I'm not sure

Hayley P.
Hayley P.

I cant figurebout how to set up the monitor with both the breathing pad and being able to listen at the same time can My body help?

Kylie

Google the model number for manual instructions in you don't have them. But the face and three sqiggly line need to be selected. Just remember you will need to turn monitor off from bubs room and your otherwise alarms will go off when bub isn't in the cot.

Angelcare   DM

Hi Hayley. You will need to go into the settings and make sure the face and the waves are selected, then you will need to select this and confirm.
Please refer to your instruction manual, or contact me on (03) 9581 8034 and I will be able to talk you through this on the phone.

Decinta
Decinta

Just wondering if there is any way to turn off the alarm sound in the nursery unit. I have the AC401 and have followed the instructions on page 21 but it only seems to change the alarm settings on the parent unit (vibrate, sound, vibrate +sound).

Kylie

The alarm in the nursery should only go off if the handset is still selected. If the 3 lines with dots next to the face and 3 sqiggly lines are lit on your monitor then you haven't un selected it.

Angelcare   DM

Hi Decinta. You are able to use the monitor as a sound only unit by selecting just the face icon in the settings.
You can not have the movement function turned on but not have the alarm sounding on the nursery unit if it needs to go off. This is a safety setting, made to alert the baby if it has stopped breathing.

Bea K.
Bea K.

Hi, I bought a Angelcare monitor AC601. However, it is not transmitting any sound. I have tried all troubleshooting suggestions, still no luck. How do I go about getting this unit tested? Based in South Africa and bought the unit from a local pharmacy.

Kylie

Oh I'm not too sure. On mine I just turn the volume sensitivity up on bubs monitor and the turn the volume up on mine.
Maybe have a look at this if you haven't...

Angelcare   DM

Hi Bea. We are the Angelcare distributors in Australia.
Please contact the South African distributors at external link

sinead
sinead

Hi I purchased a angelcare monitor module Ac601 and plugged it in yesterday. The first day home from hospital. I checked everything twice and tested the pad without baby on it , the alarm works. But that's the only thing that does work. There is no ticking noise and it is not communicating with the parent unit . Surly there is something wrong here? What should I do?

Angelcare   DM

Hi Sinead, sorry that this has happened. Please call our customer service team on 03 9581 8000, they will be able to help you troubleshoot it over the phone :)

Gyöngyi
Gyöngyi

Hi,

Can I ask if your issue was resolved?

We have the same issue and we are not receiving any useful support.

Bel
Bel

My angelcare mat is not picking up movement but no alarm is going off like it’s meant to. Mqqy daughter is in my room so I can hear her breathing but why has this stopped working correctly? I only purchased it in febuary so it really shouldn’t be having issues.

Angelcare   DM

Hi Bel, sorry this has happened. If you can please call our customer service team on 03 9581 8000, we will be able to assist you.

Gail
Gail

Is one pad sufficient for a cot?

Get an answer from our members and Angelcare representatives