5Angelcare AC401

Angelcare AC401 Questions & Answers (page 2)

VerifiedMPN:00666594200433
Matt
Matt

Hi guys. Can you please tell me if the sensor pads purchased with the AC401 unit are compatible with other Angelcare monitors. Cheers - Matt

Lucien B
Lucien B

Hi there. Our AC401 worked fine a couple of days ago. All of a sudden it does not pick up the breathing pad or broadcast sound. Setting are as they should be. Batteries are new and charged. I have resynced the units. And tried different channels. When you switch it on it connects, shows the channel and temperature. But no broadcasting. Any help?

Ally B

No I'm not sure how to fix that, i would contact the angel care direct and troubleshoot with them. Hope it can be fixed, good luck.

Angelcare   DM

Hi Lucien, thanks for getting in touch with us :) If you can please call our customer service team they will be able to help you with this. Our phone number is 03 9581 8000

Julie

Where do you put the main unit as I’m worried as my daughter has put it in the bassinet just up from bubs heads he is 2 weeks old.

Ally B

Hi julie, i put the main unit on the floor, that way there is no way for bub to reach the long cord (strangulation risk) also the light doesn't shine directly on her. I also wrapped the cord from the sensor pads around a leg of the cot several times so no risk of her pulling that through and strangling. I find i can hear every little sound still, it even activates when i make sounds in the next room so it is very sensitive. I used it in a bassinet too, please ask more questions if that doesn't make sense.

PaulH
PaulH

We used this monitor fine for a couple of years. It worked well, and we were very happy with it. - year later we’ve stared using it again, and the batteries will not hold charge. I’ve swapped the brand new batteries (same battery type - NiMH, and reputable brand), and still have the same issue - I only an hour out of the monitor when off it’s cradel. This is therefore clearly an issue with the monitor rather than the batteries. does any one know if there is a way to resolve this?

Angelcare   DM

Hi PaulH, thanks for getting in touch with us :) If you would like to call our customer service team on 03 9581 8000 they will try their best to assist you.

Chris M
Chris M

Hi, I have angel care model AC401 we brought it in 2012 haven't used it for about 3 years I've had another baby so we've got it out of storage. We brought new rechargeable batteries & we can see its charging but when we take it off the charger it won't turn on, are you able to help me please? My email address is salsasalsa30@hotmail.com Chris

Ally B

I found this with a unit that was in storage, i put fresh batteries in and it still didn't turn on. Dead as. I put it in the cradle and noticed the charger icon came on so left it for the day, the next day it was working perfectly. Another tip is if the battery goes dead flat charge them in an actual battery charger as the receiver unit isn't as powerful and needs a kick start, i also leave the receiver in the cradle on my bedside all day/night unless i'm carrying it around obviously.

Lynds
Lynds

Hi. We have the ac401. Then handset picks up movement and breathing but no longer picks up sound. It's not on mute and have tried all suggestions in handbook. It's only just out of warranty and really keen to see if we can get it working. Any suggestions ?? Thank you so much

Angelcare   DM

Hi Lynds Thanks for your question.

Please give us a call on 1300 082 526 so we can troubleshoot over the phone and get your monitor back up and running properly.

Lara
Lara

Our angel care is not charging. It just stop on day. So it only works when it is in the cradle. Help !!!

Angelcare   DM

Hi Lara Thanks for getting in touch.

Please give us a call on 1300 082 526 so that we can troubleshoot with you over the phone!

bronwyn
bronwyn

Hi there I have the baby monitor AC401 deluxe plus - it has been in storage for 2 years, we've replaced the batteries on all units and charged overnight. The two parent units lcd screens are not displaying. Can you please help?

Karin
Karin

It seems that this is a problem on their side. Ours (and a lot of others) did exactly the same. I contacted theM and they said the only solution is to replace the parent units.

Steve
Steve

Howdy, ours and a friends units did exactly the same thing after storage: monitor functioning but screen blank. After a week or two of use ours is now working again fully and our friends coming back too but taking longer. Obviously hardware or design fault, seems very common.

Angelcare   DM

Hi bronwyn Thanks for your question.

Please give us a call on 1300 082 526 so we can troubleshoot over the phone.

Glenese
Glenese

When installing one sensor pad under bassinet mattress is it necessary to use ply wood? The base of bassinet is solid with ventilation holes and mattress is not thick. Therefore is the base is substantial enough?

Am I correct in thinking that the ply wood is used under the sensor pads in a cot because of the mattress support slats?

Gwen

Angelcare   DM

Hi Gwen Thanks for getting in touch.

You are correct, we suggest using plywood to reinforce the base of any cot to ensure accurate monitoring.

In your particular case, you could test whether you require it or not.

If you have any further questions please give us a call on 1300 082 526.

Charlene
Charlene

Good morning. My angelcare freezes. What I mean by that is that it works perfectly fine until my baby makes a sound then it freezes completely then I can hear my baby in her room but nothing on my monitor. It's as if it only transmits when It wants to. What could be wrong. Should I replace my parent unit would, that help?

Angelcare   DM

Hi Charlene, Thanks for the question.

We would be more than happy to go over your options with you if you give us a call on 1300 082 526

Angelcare is world renown for providing peace of mind to many parents and we hope we can do the same for you!

Hi,

I have angel care model #AC401 we brought it in 2012 haven't used it for about 2 years I've had another baby so we've got it out of storage. We brought brand new rechargeable batteries & have had it on the charge we can see its charging but when we take it off the charger it won't turn on, are you able to help me please?

My email address is lozzaclarke1984@hotmail.com

Angelcare   DM

Hi Lauren Thanks for getting in touch.

Please give us a call on 1300 082 526 to troubleshoot over the phone.

Nikki
Nikki

Does this monitor pick up babies pulse and heartbeat? I've put my hands on the mattress and taken them off to test that alarm works. It does go off, however, I have kept them on and held my breath for over 30 seconds and no alarm. This product would be useless if it needs pulse to stop as well as breathing for the alarm to go off.

Angelcare   DM

Hi Nikki Thanks for getting in touch.

Please contact our very helpful customer service team to discuss your concerns.

They are always available to answer any questions on 1300 082 526.

Ash
Ash

My monitor is in the charging unit all the time and when I take it out the battery dies? It's charging because the battery icon keeps flashing when it's in the unit, why is this?

Angelcare   DM

Hi Ash Thanks for getting in touch.

Please give us a call on 1300 082 526 to troubleshoot over the phone.

Stephascope
Stephascope

Hi there, what sort of cot mattresses are compatable with the monitor? I've read on a couple of sites that ikea mattresses won't work with it. I was, however, planning on purchasing an ikea mattress, specifically the 'Vissa Vynka' which is a spring mattress.

Tash
Tash

I'm not sure which ones are compatible or not. I didn't know there was such a thing actually. We have the Boori Urbane cot and Boori Urbane mattress. I will be using the monitor for my second baby in the Boori Country cot with matching Boori Country mattress. Im not familiar with the ikea range of mattresses. Sorry I couldn't be much help.

Angelcare   DM

Hi Stephascope Thanks for getting in touch.

The AC401 will work with any spring mattresses.

Please make sure not to use latex or memory foam mattresses with Angelcare movement monitors as they can disrupt the sensor pads.

Julie

What age do you recommend using the sensor pads for? What age should you stop?

Angelcare   DM

Hi Julie Thanks for your question.

Angelcare recommends using the sensor pads for up to 18 months.

Mandy

We lost our 3rd baby, our beautiful boy to SIDS at 8 months old in July last year & as a surprise to us we are expecting our 4th baby. I am looking at sensor monitors for this baby as any warning that something is wrong will at least give us a chance to at least try & save this baby as i found our little boy simply too late. Reviews I am reading for this product & the similar oricom monitor are so mixed that I am truly confused & even anxious about which to purchase. Is there any definitive examples of which product is best for us? I don't care how much it costs as the devastation we have suffered is worth every cent to avoid happening again. Thank you Amanda

Angelcare   DM

Hi Amanda We are very sorry to hear about your loss and thank you for getting in touch with us.

We have some fantastic movement monitors and we would be more than happy to walk you through some options.

Please give our friendly customer service team a call on 1300 082 526, so they can answer all of your questions and help clear up any anxiety you may be feeling.

We also urge you to consult with your personal physician as to what he/she would recommend, we understand that this is a delicate situation and only want the best for you and your child.

We hope that we can help you out with a little bit of peace of mind and wish you all the best with the new baby!

Ciera
Ciera

Mandy, I have a set of twins born at 28 weeks premature and spent 3 months in the NICU. I loved Angelcare with my now 7 year old because he didn't have any "real issues or concerns" and because he was full term...but with my preemies, I had to make sure that I was COMPLETELY comfortable knowing they were okay while I slept. I have the "Owlet" It is a sock that fits on the babies foot as if they are in the hospital with the "pulse socks" . Try that...we love ours and never have we had an issue. I am so so so sorry about your losses...May God continue to comfort you and at the same time give you strength to carry this 4th baby to fruition.

Mandy

Thank you - we actually have purchased the owlet monitor. Baby not due until July 1st so waiting to test it out. I have been following the owlet reviews for a while and hopefully it will be as good as it sounds. Hope your little babies keep growing happy, healthy and strong.

Ange
Ange

Hi! Got the monitor secondhand and the monitor does not show any display at all what can I do to make it work the pads work but can not see any thing, please help. My name is Ange. Thank you.

Angelcare   DM

Hi Ange, Please give us a call on 1300 082 526 to troubleshoot over the phone.

Annagos
Annagos

I have bought a new parent unit as my old one stopped working and it doesn't pick up the baby unit. What do I need to do?

Angelcare   DM

Hi Annagos, If you give us a call on 1300 082 526 we can walk you through the pairing process.

Sharon23
Sharon23

I purchased mine 2nd hand, I'm not sure what's going on but the sound keeps stopping, is there something wrong with it? Should I be hearing noise like the lullaby beat going still? I'm hearing nothing at all not even static.

Angelcare   DM

Hi Sharon23 It sounds like your monitor is on the Sound Activated setting. Instructions for turning your monitor onto Continuous Sound mode can be found in your instruction manual. Alternatively you are more than welcome to give us a call on 1300 082 526 and we can walk you through it.

Eza82
Eza82

Hi! I have just been given this unit secondhand, am having trouble setting this up for the sound to be on all the time. When I follow the instructions to the mic in the menu it does not display the word ON. Thank you.

Angelcare   DM

Hi Eza82, If you give us a call on 1800 082 526 we'll be able to walk you through it.

Get an answer from our members and Angelcare representatives