Angelcare AC401

Angelcare AC401 Questions & Answers (page 2 of 3)

47 questions from our users

Lara

Laraasked

Our angel care is not charging. It just stop on day. So it only works when it is in the cradle. Help !!!

Hi Lara
Thanks for getting in touch.
Please give us a call on 1300 082 526 so that we can troubleshoot with you over the phone!

bronwyn

bronwynasked

Hi there I have the baby monitor AC401 deluxe plus - it has been in storage for 2 years, we've replaced the batteries on all units and charged overnight. The two parent units lcd screens are not displaying. Can you please help?

Karin
Karin

It seems that this is a problem on their side. Ours (and a lot of others) did exactly the same. I contacted theM and they said the only solution is to replace the parent units.

Steve
Steve

Howdy, ours and a friends units did exactly the same thing after storage: monitor functioning but screen blank. After a week or two of use ours is now working again fully and our friends coming back too but taking longer. Obviously hardware or design fault, seems very common.

Hi bronwyn
Thanks for your question.
Please give us a call on 1300 082 526 so we can troubleshoot over the phone.

Glenese

Gleneseasked

When installing one sensor pad under bassinet mattress is it necessary to use ply wood? The base of bassinet is solid with ventilation holes and mattress is not thick. Therefore is the base is substantial enough?
Am I correct in thinking that the ply wood is used under the sensor pads in a cot because of the mattress support slats?
Gwen

Hi Gwen
Thanks for getting in touch.
You are correct, we suggest using plywood to reinforce the base of any cot to ensure accurate monitoring.
In your particular case, you could test whether you require it or not.
If you have any further questions please give us a call on 1300 082 526.

Charlene

Charleneasked

Good morning. My angelcare freezes. What I mean by that is that it works perfectly fine until my baby makes a sound then it freezes completely then I can hear my baby in her room but nothing on my monitor. It's as if it only transmits when It wants to. What could be wrong. Should I replace my parent unit would, that help?

Hi Charlene,
Thanks for the question.
We would be more than happy to go over your options with you if you give us a call on 1300 082 526
Angelcare is world renown for providing peace of mind to many parents and we hope we can do the same for you!

Lauren

Laurenasked

Hi,
I have angel care model #AC401 we brought it in 2012 haven't used it for about 2 years I've had another baby so we've got it out of storage. We brought brand new rechargeable batteries & have had it on the charge we can see its charging but when we take it off the charger it won't turn on, are you able to help me please?
My email address is lozzaclarke1984@hotmail.com
Lauren

Hi Lauren

Nikki

Nikkiasked

Does this monitor pick up babies pulse and heartbeat? I've put my hands on the mattress and taken them off to test that alarm works. It does go off, however, I have kept them on and held my breath for over 30 seconds and no alarm. This product would be useless if it needs pulse to stop as well as breathing for the alarm to go off.

Hi Nikki
Thanks for getting in touch.
Please contact our very helpful customer service team to discuss your concerns.
They are always available to answer any questions on 1300 082 526.

Ash

Ashasked

My monitor is in the charging unit all the time and when I take it out the battery dies? It's charging because the battery icon keeps flashing when it's in the unit, why is this?

Hi Ash

Stephascope

Stephascopeasked

Hi there, what sort of cot mattresses are compatable with the monitor? I've read on a couple of sites that ikea mattresses won't work with it. I was, however, planning on purchasing an ikea mattress, specifically the 'Vissa Vynka' which is a spring mattress.

Tash
Tash

I'm not sure which ones are compatible or not. I didn't know there was such a thing actually. We have the Boori Urbane cot and Boori Urbane mattress. I will be using the monitor for my second baby in the Boori Country cot with matching Boori Country mattress. Im not familiar with the ikea range of mattresses. Sorry I couldn't be much help.

Hi Stephascope
Thanks for getting in touch.
The AC401 will work with any spring mattresses.
Please make sure not to use latex or memory foam mattresses with Angelcare movement monitors as they can disrupt the sensor pads.

Julie

Julieasked

What age do you recommend using the sensor pads for? What age should you stop?

Hi Julie
Thanks for your question.
Angelcare recommends using the sensor pads for up to 18 months.

Mandyasked

We lost our 3rd baby, our beautiful boy to SIDS at 8 months old in July last year & as a surprise to us we are expecting our 4th baby. I am looking at sensor monitors for this baby as any warning that something is wrong will at least give us a chance to at least try & save this baby as i found our little boy simply too late. Reviews I am reading for this product & the similar oricom monitor are so mixed that I am truly confused & even anxious about which to purchase. Is there any definitive examples of which product is best for us? I don't care how much it costs as the devastation we have suffered is worth every cent to avoid happening again. Thank you Amanda

Hi Amanda
We are very sorry to hear about your loss and thank you for getting in touch with us.
We have some fantastic movement monitors and we would be more than happy to walk you through some options.
Please give our friendly customer service team a call on 1300 082 526, so they can answer all of your questions and help clear up any anxiety you may be feeling.
We also urge you to consult with your personal physician as to what he/she would recommend, we understand that this is a delicate situation and only want the best for you and your child.
We hope that we can help you out with a little bit of peace of mind and wish you all the best with the new baby!

Ciera
Ciera

Mandy, I have a set of twins born at 28 weeks premature and spent 3 months in the NICU. I loved Angelcare with my now 7 year old because he didn't have any "real issues or concerns" and because he was full term...but with my preemies, I had to make sure that I was COMPLETELY comfortable knowing they were okay while I slept. I have the "Owlet" It is a sock that fits on the babies foot as if they are in the hospital with the "pulse socks" . Try that...we love ours and never have we had an issue. I am so so so sorry about your losses...May God continue to comfort you and at the same time give you strength to carry this 4th baby to fruition.

Mandy

Thank you - we actually have purchased the owlet monitor. Baby not due until July 1st so waiting to test it out. I have been following the owlet reviews for a while and hopefully it will be as good as it sounds. Hope your little babies keep growing happy, healthy and strong.

Ange

Angeasked

Hi! Got the monitor secondhand and the monitor does not show any display at all what can I do to make it work the pads work but can not see any thing, please help. My name is Ange. Thank you.

Hi Ange,

Annagos

Annagosasked

I have bought a new parent unit as my old one stopped working and it doesn't pick up the baby unit. What do I need to do?

Hi Annagos,
If you give us a call on 1300 082 526 we can walk you through the pairing process.

Sharon23

Sharon23asked

I purchased mine 2nd hand, I'm not sure what's going on but the sound keeps stopping, is there something wrong with it? Should I be hearing noise like the lullaby beat going still? I'm hearing nothing at all not even static.

Hi Sharon23
It sounds like your monitor is on the Sound Activated setting. Instructions for turning your monitor onto Continuous Sound mode can be found in your instruction manual. Alternatively you are more than welcome to give us a call on 1300 082 526 and we can walk you through it.

Eza82

Eza82asked

Hi! I have just been given this unit secondhand, am having trouble setting this up for the sound to be on all the time. When I follow the instructions to the mic in the menu it does not display the word ON. Thank you.

Hi Eza82,
If you give us a call on 1800 082 526 we'll be able to walk you through it.

Amy Waters

Amy Watersasked

Has anyone set this up using the dual sensor mats? If we connect the 2 mats they don't work and the alarm goes off all the time. When we unplug the 2nd sensor mat it works fine. All of the instructions only show the single sensor mat set up. Any help appreciated ☺️

Hi Amy,
In order to troubleshoot this issue with you, we'll have to speak to you directly.
Perhaps you could give us a call on 1300 082 526 or shoot us an email at service@valiantbrands.com.au.

Kellyrhian

Kellyrhianasked

I love my monitor and we are using it for baby number 3 (but unit is only 4 years old) just for sound. However, the units keep transmitting noise randomly (like static or interference) intermittently which keeps waking me up in the middle of the night even when my baby is sound asleep. This is incredibly frustrating and we have tried changing the batteries in the parent units and the nursery unit and gone through all the channels to see if that made a difference but nothing has worked. Help?

Hi Kellyrhian,
We love to hear that you have entrusted our monitors to provide you with peace of mind for 3 of your children. There are a couple of factors that could explain why your monitor is experiencing static and interference. Please give our very helpful team of customer service agents a call on 1300 082 526 to troubleshoot the issue.

Rory

Roryasked

We have recently bought a 2nd hand Angelcare AC401 and set it up for the first time however, when we turn the Nursery monitor on, the unit switches off immediately. The night light function works but the on/off to get the Nursery unit to connect with the parent unit fails!? Can someone please explain what could be wrong with this as I am concerned that the unit may in fact be stuffed?

Hi Rory,
It is difficult for us to advise you regarding you AC401 without knowing a little bit more information.
Please contact our fantastic customer service team on 1300 082 526 to troubleshoot the issue.

R Browne

R Browneasked

Hi, I have an AC401 monitor. My parent unit has stopped charging. I have replaced and charged the rechargable batteries but it still won't charge. Any ideas on what could be causing this?

HI R Browne,

It might be the Adaptor or the Power Cord. Please call customer service and they will help you narrow down the issue. The number is 1300 082 526.

Sarah222

Sarah222asked

My AC401 parents handset has stopped working. It's not under warrantee anymore but where can I take it in Sydney to get it looked at/fixed? Thanks

Rona09
Rona09

We found a problem with one of our handsets as well - try swapping over the cables from the other unit and see if it then works, as in our case it ended up being a faulty cable which we had to replace for about $70. We just called the Angelcare contact in the manual and paid over the phone and they sent out a replacement.

Hi Sarah222,
We do not repair the parent units, but offer replacements for $75.00 + G.S.T. plus $11.00 for freight. These prices fluctuate, but are correct at this time. If you wish to proceed please contact the customer service team on 1300 082 526.

gwendoT
gwendoT

So was the cable faulty to start off with? If so, why do you have to pay $70 if AngelCare made a faulty item?

Mummy03

Mummy03asked

Is there an age/weight limit of the child using the movement mat? I have a sleepwalker and will be moving to a new house where her room will be upstairs, so I'm looking at options for being able to tell when she gets out of bed.

Hi,

The movement sensors do not have a weight limit, though usage is usually recommended for up to 18 months. In theory the sensors will work if the child gets out of bed as long as there are no further vibrations detected - but the monitors are not recommended for this type of usage.

Get an answer from our members and Angelcare representatives