5Angelcare AC401

Angelcare AC401 Questions & Answers (page 3)

VerifiedMPN:00666594200433
Amy Waters
Amy Waters

Has anyone set this up using the dual sensor mats? If we connect the 2 mats they don't work and the alarm goes off all the time. When we unplug the 2nd sensor mat it works fine. All of the instructions only show the single sensor mat set up. Any help appreciated ☺️

Angelcare   DM

Hi Amy, In order to troubleshoot this issue with you, we'll have to speak to you directly.

Perhaps you could give us a call on 1300 082 526 or shoot us an email at service@valiantbrands.com.au.

Kellyrhian
Kellyrhian

I love my monitor and we are using it for baby number 3 (but unit is only 4 years old) just for sound. However, the units keep transmitting noise randomly (like static or interference) intermittently which keeps waking me up in the middle of the night even when my baby is sound asleep. This is incredibly frustrating and we have tried changing the batteries in the parent units and the nursery unit and gone through all the channels to see if that made a difference but nothing has worked. Help?

Angelcare   DM

Hi Kellyrhian, We love to hear that you have entrusted our monitors to provide you with peace of mind for 3 of your children. There are a couple of factors that could explain why your monitor is experiencing static and interference. Please give our very helpful team of customer service agents a call on 1300 082 526 to troubleshoot the issue.

Rory
Rory

We have recently bought a 2nd hand Angelcare AC401 and set it up for the first time however, when we turn the Nursery monitor on, the unit switches off immediately. The night light function works but the on/off to get the Nursery unit to connect with the parent unit fails!? Can someone please explain what could be wrong with this as I am concerned that the unit may in fact be stuffed?

Angelcare   DM

Hi Rory, It is difficult for us to advise you regarding you AC401 without knowing a little bit more information.

Please contact our fantastic customer service team on 1300 082 526 to troubleshoot the issue.

R Browne
R Browne

Hi, I have an AC401 monitor. My parent unit has stopped charging. I have replaced and charged the rechargable batteries but it still won't charge. Any ideas on what could be causing this?

Angelcare   DM

HI R Browne, It might be the Adaptor or the Power Cord. Please call customer service and they will help you narrow down the issue. The number is 1300 082 526.

Sarah222
Sarah222

My AC401 parents handset has stopped working. It's not under warrantee anymore but where can I take it in Sydney to get it looked at/fixed? Thanks

Rona09

We found a problem with one of our handsets as well - try swapping over the cables from the other unit and see if it then works, as in our case it ended up being a faulty cable which we had to replace for about $70. We just called the Angelcare contact in the manual and paid over the phone and they sent out a replacement.

Angelcare   DM

Hi Sarah222, We do not repair the parent units, but offer replacements for $75.00 + G.S.T. plus $11.00 for freight. These prices fluctuate, but are correct at this time. If you wish to proceed please contact the customer service team on 1300 082 526.

gwendoT
gwendoT

So was the cable faulty to start off with? If so, why do you have to pay $70 if AngelCare made a faulty item?

Mummy03
Mummy03

Is there an age/weight limit of the child using the movement mat? I have a sleepwalker and will be moving to a new house where her room will be upstairs, so I'm looking at options for being able to tell when she gets out of bed.

Angelcare   DM

Hi, The movement sensors do not have a weight limit, though usage is usually recommended for up to 18 months. In theory the sensors will work if the child gets out of bed as long as there are no further vibrations detected - but the monitors are not recommended for this type of usage.

New Granny
New Granny

My daughter has just bought one of these and a loud alarm goes off on the nursery unit as well as the parent unit. Is this normal please? I can imagine that the loud alarm would scare the baby!

Thank you.

Angelcare   DM

Hi there, If you could please email our customer service representative at frontdesk@valiantbrands.com.au,

she will definitely be able to help you with this :)

hillsq
hillsq

Where can I buy this product from an official supplier in Australia so that I can ensure its warranty, etc?

Rona09

I bought ours from Bubs Baby Shops.

Angelcare   DM

Hi there, if you email our Blacktie Service at blacktie@valco.com.au with your location and the product you're after- they will be to let you know where the closest store is to you, I hope this helps :)

Lisa

My friend and given me this unit to use but it didn't come with the rechargeable batteries. Do I need to a buy specific brand, do they have to be rechargeable or can I use normal batteries?

Angelcare   DM

Hi Lisa, thanks for your question, They require NIMH Rechargeable Batteries, hope his helps.

Lisa

A friend has given me this unit to use but the rechargeable batteries weren't included. Do I need a specific brand or can I use any batteries? Do they have to be rechargeable?? Thanks

Angelcare   DM

Hi Lisa, thanks for your question. They require NIMH Rechargeable Batteries.

KMarshman
KMarshman

I am having trouble with the temperature reading on mine, it is saying that the room is like 27 degrees when it's actually 20. Is this faulty with machine?

Angelcare   DM

HI KMarshman, thank you for your feedback.The temperature is not send in real time.It is transmitted every 15 minutes.Therefore the Parent Unit temperature reading could be quite different if the room temperature changes drastically within 15 minutes.This is to compensate for the heat build-up inside the Nursery Unit.It will be corrected after NU is on for 15 minutes.The temperature data is only transmitted when there is a change of more than 1 degree within 15 minutes.The main temperature may have a 0.5 to 2 degree difference due to tolerance.This is comparable to any other thermometer. This is not a clinical thermometer. The Various could also depend on the location of the nursery unit. Please note that the temperature does not affect the motion detection part in any way. We hope this helps.Please do not hesitate to contact us on 1300082520 should you require future information.

kerri85

We have this monitor and are really happy with it. With out second child not far away I'm keen to know if anyone has set this up with 2 nursery units coming back to the same parent unit?? Clearly not both with sensor mats but I would like to use it as a sound monitor for our toddler and at the same time a sound/movement monitor for our newborn.

If anyone has this set up let me know. Cheers!!

KatieB98

Not sure, but good idea! Maybe contact angelcare? Then please post back here as I'd like to know too! :-)

kerri85

I spoke to a lady at angelcare who wasn't overly helpful and said she didn't think there was a set up like this or that we'd be able to buy two separate units and put them through one parent unit :/

Dadof3
Dadof3

Can you use this system on porta cots when traveling? Or can you use it without the sensor mats for movements as they need to be oN a rigid surface

Harrys mum
Harrys mum

The instructions say it is workable on most mattresses, you just need to put a piece of ply wood under spring based mattresses, I'm really not sure if it would work on a portacot. On the website it does say you shouldn't use it with a foam or hollow mattress. Yes you can use it just to monitor noise and not movement. Hope this helps.

Hi dadof3,

Not sure if the sensor mats work on a portacot but it recommends using a sheet of plywood or similar under the mattress in a cot if there isn't a smooth surface so I expect it would be fine as long as the portacot base is sturdy. My bassinette only had a thin base under the mattress and worked fine.

I have used just the receiver and monitor (no mats) with battery power in portacot too.

BT51
BT51

Hi, I am not sure if you can use on portacots. But yes, you can turn off the movement sensor and have sound only.

kerri85

We use ours with a portacot quite often and have never had a problem :)

Get an answer from our members and Angelcare representatives