Angelcare AC401

Angelcare AC401 Questions & Answers (page 3 of 3)

47 questions from our users

New Granny

New Grannyasked

My daughter has just bought one of these and a loud alarm goes off on the nursery unit as well as the parent unit. Is this normal please? I can imagine that the loud alarm would scare the baby!
Thank you.

Valco B.Angelcare

Hi there, If you could please email our customer service representative at frontdesk@valiantbrands.com.au,
she will definitely be able to help you with this :)

hillsq

hillsqasked

Where can I buy this product from an official supplier in Australia so that I can ensure its warranty, etc?

Rona09
Rona09

I bought ours from Bubs Baby Shops.

Valco B.Angelcare

Hi there, if you email our Blacktie Service at blacktie@valco.com.au with your location and the product you're after- they will be to let you know where the closest store is to you, I hope this helps :)

Lisa

Lisaasked

My friend and given me this unit to use but it didn't come with the rechargeable batteries. Do I need to a buy specific brand, do they have to be rechargeable or can I use normal batteries?

Valco B.Angelcare

Hi Lisa, thanks for your question, They require NIMH Rechargeable Batteries, hope his helps.

Lisa

Lisaasked

A friend has given me this unit to use but the rechargeable batteries weren't included. Do I need a specific brand or can I use any batteries? Do they have to be rechargeable?? Thanks

Valco B.Angelcare

Hi Lisa, thanks for your question. They require NIMH Rechargeable Batteries.

KMarshman

KMarshmanasked

I am having trouble with the temperature reading on mine, it is saying that the room is like 27 degrees when it's actually 20. Is this faulty with machine?

Valco B.Angelcare

HI KMarshman, thank you for your feedback.The temperature is not send in real time.It is transmitted every 15 minutes.Therefore the Parent Unit temperature reading could be quite different if the room temperature changes drastically within 15 minutes.This is to compensate for the heat build-up inside the Nursery Unit.It will be corrected after NU is on for 15 minutes.The temperature data is only transmitted when there is a change of more than 1 degree within 15 minutes.The main temperature may have a 0.5 to 2 degree difference due to tolerance.This is comparable to any other thermometer. This is not a clinical thermometer. The Various could also depend on the location of the nursery unit. Please note that the temperature does not affect the motion detection part in any way. We hope this helps.Please do not hesitate to contact us on 1300082520 should you require future information.

kerri85asked

We have this monitor and are really happy with it. With out second child not far away I'm keen to know if anyone has set this up with 2 nursery units coming back to the same parent unit?? Clearly not both with sensor mats but I would like to use it as a sound monitor for our toddler and at the same time a sound/movement monitor for our newborn.
If anyone has this set up let me know. Cheers!!

KatieB98

Not sure, but good idea! Maybe contact angelcare? Then please post back here as I'd like to know too! :-)

kerri85

I spoke to a lady at angelcare who wasn't overly helpful and said she didn't think there was a set up like this or that we'd be able to buy two separate units and put them through one parent unit :/

Dadof3

Dadof3asked

Can you use this system on porta cots when traveling? Or can you use it without the sensor mats for movements as they need to be oN a rigid surface

Harrys mum
Harrys mum

The instructions say it is workable on most mattresses, you just need to put a piece of ply wood under spring based mattresses, I'm really not sure if it would work on a portacot. On the website it does say you shouldn't use it with a foam or hollow mattress. Yes you can use it just to monitor noise and not movement. Hope this helps.

Hi dadof3,

Not sure if the sensor mats work on a portacot but it recommends using a sheet of plywood or similar under the mattress in a cot if there isn't a smooth surface so I expect it would be fine as long as the portacot base is sturdy. My bassinette only had a thin base under the mattress and worked fine.

I have used just the receiver and monitor (no mats) with battery power in portacot too.

BT51
BT51

Hi, I am not sure if you can use on portacots. But yes, you can turn off the movement sensor and have sound only.

Get an answer from our members and Angelcare representatives