Angelcare AC401

Angelcare AC401 (page 2 of 7)

MPN: 00666594200433

Cookieandmilo
CookieandmiloMelbourne

My favorite baby purchase

We purchased this second hand and wow it has been our favorite baby product! The sound quality & range is excellent, absolutely love the ability to turn up or down the sensitivity so we don't ear bubs every little groan and grunt. The peace of mind with the movement by sensor is worth every dollar this cost. We have only had one false alarm when we had tucked too many blankets under the mattress and this caused the sensor pad to loose contact. Used with both our bassinet (1x pad) and cot (2x pads). A must have for any new parent.

Lisa C
Lisa CSydney

Buying the costly products doesn't always mean quality!

Wish I had of bought a cheap one! I purchased 2 of the AC401 monitors 3 years ago. 1 has an issue with the main monitor and the other has an issue with the parent unit. I enquired on repairs and have been told they don't do repairs I have to purchase the item from Angelcare at a total of $90.75. I should have purchased cheaper monitors and I could have replaced them and still been financially better off.

Love it!

When expecting our first bub my family purchased our Angelcare unit as bubs gift and have not been able to fault it at all. The senor mats give great peace of mind and I love that you can adjust the sensitivity if you have a fan in the room during summer. I test the mats every now and then by leaving something heavy in the cot and walking away and without fail it alerts me to the issue. My daughter is now transitioning to a bed and I will continue to use the unit for her and I am already arranging for a second set for bub #2 later in the year. Have also found the customer service to have been such a wonderful experience. When checking what mattress to purchase for the new bed I received an instant response which was more than helpful!

bronty_saurus
bronty_saurusAU

Great for peace of mind

Have found this monitor great for peace of mind.

Ny son is a tummy sleeper and refuses to sleep on his back (once he could roll by himself). He was also a very quiet baby when sleeping. If we had had a video monitor I wouldn't have been able to see what was happening as he would have been lying still on his tummy.

Monitor has very good (adjustable) sensitivity. Had a few false alarms when bub has moved to the edge of the mattress. Other than that it works well.

Rona09
Rona09AU

Mostly good

The best baby products in 2020!

Nathan S.29 Oct 2019
the-best-baby-products-in-2020
Laura Niebling
Laura NieblingSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent monitor and great piece of mind

My mum bought this for us for our new baby who we knew was going to be extremely little. In the course of my profession I have seen a few SIDS cases so was terrified that being a much smaller baby than my previous 9 pounders that my little bub may suffer from apnea. This was such a wonderful piece of mind. It was so reassuring to have the motion sensor to go off if bub stopped breathing even though he was right beside the bed. It is hard to remember to turn the monitor off when you pick bub up and sometimes the alarm goes off but that is nothing to the piece if mind this monitor provides.
The motion sensor pad, piece of mind, great range for parent monitor.
Remembering to turn the monitor off when you pick bub up and the alarm goes off

Krisszel
KrisszelBrisbane

Was working fine for 6 months

We purchased it for our first baby and was working fine for 6 months when suddenly it started to loose signal between the two units. We haven't moved or built up a wall in between our rooms (btw it is an apartment and the 2 rooms are just a few metres apart) so we thought it is faulty. We took it back to the shop where we bought it and they sent it to Angelcare. It took 2 weeks to get a reply that the monitor just works fine, there is nothing wrong with it. We couldn't believe it. The shop manager was great, they offered a full refund and we bought an Oricom with camera.. Maybe not as stylish but works perfectly.
Stylish and worked fine for a while
Dropped the signal and was beeping in the middle of the night because of that

Luckie
LuckieMelbourne

A Must Have!!!

I have a 4 week old and I don't think I would be sleeping as easy as I am without the Angelcare monitor!! It's just peace of mind that your baby is safe and breathing without any issues. Yes it is a little pricey but worth every cent!! I would highly recommend it to any new parent, I have had no issues at all setting it up and I am using it in a bassinet at the moment.
Peace of mind, easy to use, clear sound.
Nothing; the only improvement that could be made is having a two way feature on the parent unit and nursery base.

KC17
KC17Brisbane

Amazing customer service

Mumtobub
MumtobubInverell

Best money ever spent

This machine made me feel so much safer as a first time mum. I was petrified of him stopping breathing and the alarm did go off a couple times in the first few months. After running to him and picking him up, he took a large gasp. I check the monitor regularly to make sure the sensitivity is still ok. My son is nearly 2 and still sleeps on this every night and for all his naps. It's been on every holiday we've ever been on including overseas. It's been the best money I've ever spent in my life and the gentle tick gives me reassurance when I wake in the night. Love this product!!
Absolutely everything!
Nothing!!!

Breaches the Trade Practices/Fair Trading Act

I spent $249 on this. The side of the box lists what is included and what is not included. However it is not until you, pay, open then box and read the Quick Installation Guide that you are told that the monitor also needs and DOES NOT include a hard board 33cms x33cms 6 mm thick. If I had known this, I never would have bought the monitor in the first place. If you are a new mum, you are completely exhausted, now I'm supposed to go to a hardware store??? I want my money back.

Requires extra plank that is not included and not specified on the packaging

Rubyandlottie
RubyandlottieMelbourne

Not happy!

BT51
BT51AU

Terrible. Overpriced and unreliable

I am in the process of returning my second faulty Angelcare monitor.
First monitor kept turning itself off and not reading between the 2 units. It got sent away and they decided there was no fault. Got it back and did the same.
Retailer gave me a brand new unit. A couple of weeks later the parent unit started switching itself off. After half a dozen times I phoned the retailer who have kindly agreed to give me a refund.
This is a shame as I had heard really positive reviews from my friends about this supposed trusted brand.
I would NEVER recommend this product to anyone.
Temperature display. Sensor pads.
Doesn't work properly. Overpriced.

Charlie78
Charlie78AU

Peace of mind but lots of static/feedback

I was given this monitor when my baby was born. The movement aspect of the monitor was very reassuring particularly when she was a newborn. The only problem I had with this product is that it is very noisy with static and feedback. I tried every different channel with the same problem. Also, as a first time parent I would have like a video monitor rather than this one.
Reassuring for a first-time parent
Noisy, static & feedback

KatieB98
KatieB98NSW

Very Reassuring!

we have used this since bringing bub home a few months ago. i was sceptical about whether it would really pick up movement through the bassinet mattress but it works fine, it has only ever gone off when we take bub out of the bassint and forget to turn the monitor off!
battery life seems good, easy to set up once you read the instructions. monitors temperature too, and you can turn off the movement or sound monitoring if you don't want those features (although i never would!).

Bob
Bobasked

Is there a second pad that can be connected to the ac027

Hi Bob,

Thank you for the question. Was this for an additional child or for an additional pad under the same mattress?

If you don't mind, email us at: info@valiantbrands.com.au with your best contact number and one of our team will reach out to help find a suitable solution :)

Kindly,

AC team

Gareth
Garethasked

Angelcare movement monitor states " senses movement". Does this movement include breathing? Might sound like a silly question but if you have a new born and they are fast asleep then they won't be moving as in wriggling around. Want to clarify if the " movement" covers breathing in and out?

Kylie
Kylie

It covers movement. If baby is in bassinet their breathing is picked up as movement (as I used it from newborn with all mine in a bassinet and it worked - not sure about cot as the mattress is thicker and baby at newborn is small) however if baby is not breathing but having a seizure of something it won't pick up that the baby needs help as baby is moving. I think there is one company that have a sock that works as a heart rate monitor so alarms will go off if baby isn't breathing. Hope this helped

Hi Gareth.
Thank you for your enquiry.
The Angelcare sensor pad senses all movement in the cot, including your baby's breathing.
Hope this helps.
Please do not hesitate to contact our customer service on (03) 9581 8000 if we can assist you further.

Stephen Cafferkey
Stephen Cafferkeyasked

Hi. Can a AC601 monitor work with the AC401? I have tried to link up the AC401 sensor pad with the AC601 monitor, but it doesn't appear to be compatible. Please advise?

Hi Stephen.

All the Angelcare monitors are their own integrated system, therefore can not have other model numbers added to them.
Please contact me on (03) 958 18034 and I will be able to assist you further with this.

Get an answer from our members and Angelcare representatives

CategoryBaby Monitors