Angelcare AC401

Angelcare AC401 (page 2 of 5)

Krisszel

KrisszelBrisbane

Was working fine for 6 months

We purchased it for our first baby and was working fine for 6 months when suddenly it started to loose signal between the two units. We haven't moved or built up a wall in between our rooms (btw it is an apartment and the 2 rooms are just a few metres apart) so we thought it is faulty. We took it back to the shop where we bought it and they sent it to Angelcare. It took 2 weeks to get a reply that the monitor just works fine, there is nothing wrong with it. We couldn't believe it. The shop manager was great, they offered a full refund and we bought an Oricom with camera.. Maybe not as stylish but works perfectly.
    Stylish and worked fine for a while
    Dropped the signal and was beeping in the middle of the night because of that

Luckie

LuckieMelbourne

A Must Have!!!

I have a 4 week old and I don't think I would be sleeping as easy as I am without the Angelcare monitor!! It's just peace of mind that your baby is safe and breathing without any issues. Yes it is a little pricey but worth every cent!! I would highly recommend it to any new parent, I have had no issues at all setting it up and I am using it in a bassinet at the moment.
    Peace of mind, easy to use, clear sound.
    Nothing; the only improvement that could be made is having a two way feature on the parent unit and nursery base.

KC17

KC17Brisbane

Amazing customer service

Mumtobub

MumtobubInverell

Best money ever spent

This machine made me feel so much safer as a first time mum. I was petrified of him stopping breathing and the alarm did go off a couple times in the first few months. After running to him and picking him up, he took a large gasp. I check the monitor regularly to make sure the sensitivity is still ok. My son is nearly 2 and still sleeps on this every night and for all his naps. It's been on every holiday we've ever been on including overseas. It's been the best money I've ever spent in my life and the gentle tick gives me reassurance when I wake in the night. Love this product!!
    Absolutely everything!
    Nothing!!!

Breaches the Trade Practices/Fair Trading Act

I spent $249 on this. The side of the box lists what is included and what is not included. However it is not until you, pay, open then box and read the Quick Installation Guide that you are told that the monitor also needs and DOES NOT include a hard board 33cms x33cms 6 mm thick. If I had known this, I never would have bought the monitor in the first place. If you are a new mum, you are completely exhausted, now I'm supposed to go to a hardware store??? I want my money back.

Requires extra plank that is not included and not specified on the packaging

Jenko
    Jenko
    Rubyandlottie

RubyandlottieMelbourne

Not happy!

BT51

BT51AU

Terrible. Overpriced and unreliable

I am in the process of returning my second faulty Angelcare monitor.
    First monitor kept turning itself off and not reading between the 2 units. It got sent away and they decided there was no fault. Got it back and did the same.
    Retailer gave me a brand new unit. A couple of weeks later the parent unit started switching itself off. After half a dozen times I phoned the retailer who have kindly agreed to give me a refund.
    This is a shame as I had heard really positive reviews from my friends about this supposed trusted brand.
    I would NEVER recommend this product to anyone.
    Temperature display. Sensor pads.
    Doesn't work properly. Overpriced.

Charlie78

Charlie78AU

Peace of mind but lots of static/feedback

I was given this monitor when my baby was born. The movement aspect of the monitor was very reassuring particularly when she was a newborn. The only problem I had with this product is that it is very noisy with static and feedback. I tried every different channel with the same problem. Also, as a first time parent I would have like a video monitor rather than this one.
    Reassuring for a first-time parent
    Noisy, static & feedback

KatieB98

KatieB98NSW

Very Reassuring!

we have used this since bringing bub home a few months ago. i was sceptical about whether it would really pick up movement through the bassinet mattress but it works fine, it has only ever gone off when we take bub out of the bassint and forget to turn the monitor off!
    battery life seems good, easy to set up once you read the instructions. monitors temperature too, and you can turn off the movement or sound monitoring if you don't want those features (although i never would!).

WoL6inew

WoL6inewSTRATHFIELD

Used it from day one

Worth the price for ease of mind. Have never had a problem with it, and can travel right out into my backyard while it continues to function. Battery life also seems great. My son is 8 months old now and I've never had to replace the batteries yet. I've been using this since my son was born and have never looked back!
    Easy to use and picks up sounds perfectly
    Expensive

Harrys mum

Harrys mumAU

Peace of mind for first time parents

brad
    brad

Hey easier fix than turning off is to just go into menu and turn off movement mode. Four button taps (whic you learn to do with eyes closed!). Much easier than remembering to power both unite off and back on again

oscar45

oscar45altona

Good for peace of mind

So glad we bought a baby monitor, have had a few glitches with the handset randomly turning off, esp if its outside and warm. Bubs has also managed to set off the alarm when she's gone into a deep sleep and when she was moving around her bed and on her tummy it went off. So a very good warning for us to go and check on her. We rely so heavily on it and take it when we go anywhere overnight with her.
    Reliable for breathing and temperature
    handset can randomly turn off when off the base station.

spack

spackVictoria, 3672

Great to ease the worrying mind!

a must have for all parents of babies

With 3 prem children I used this to keep a close eye on my children. I love the temp gauge, and knowing my lil one is safe with an alarm if they stop breathing. As we know children are irreplaceable and our lives. Brilliant brilliant item and a must have
    For all parents.
    reliable

Jo.king

Jo.kingSYDNEY

Worth every penny!

clownguts

clowngutsMaroochydore

Couldn't recommend this high enough

As first time parents you naturally panic about every minor detail. So SIDS was a real concern. We bought the AC401 purely for this reason and we haven't looked back. This unit gives you peace of mind and we have never had any false readings as some people say they have. Highly recommend to any new parents
    gives you peace of mind, batteries last a long time, love the temperature display as well
    bit fiddly to set up the first time

MLGittus

MLGittusMelbourne

The only type of baby monitor I would buy or recommend

The AngelCare AC401 ticked all the boxes for as as new parents that were worried about SIDS. Always giving us a very accuate reading of the temp in bubs room, the senor pads are fantastic and gave us that little extra piece of mind when bubs moved into her own room, and the monitor has a good range on it so we are able to go outside during the day. The only thing is we found it a little tricky to set-up
    Sensor Pads, and good range
    A little to tricky to set-up

lisajeff20

lisajeff20Australind

Best Baby Monitor and Sensor Pad set on Market

Best Product I have ever bought as a Mother. Provides parents with peace of mind - especially when babies are tummy sleepers like my two are. Never had false readings - only time alarm went off with both children is when i forgot to turn it off before picking up the baby.
    Reliable, provides peace of mind for parents and also provides room temperature - which is handy!
    A bit expensive (but worth it!)

sankee

sankeecanberra

The best monitor on the market!

Whilst this monitor is a touch tricky to set up, it works like a dream! It works well from great distances (I take it outside far away from the house and it works well), and the night light is a nice touch for the baby bedroom as is the fact that the screen on the parent's unit keeps my room nicely lit. The temperature indicator is great and you can also set it to alarm if the temp is too hot or cold. It is definitely peace of mind for your sleeping baby and you can adjust the volume of the monitor easily (good to have on a low volume when bub is protest crying!).
    easy to use, easy to read screen, limited false alarms
    would be good with a clock on it

Kaylz

KaylzPerth

Must-Have for new Mummies

This monitor has given me the added peice of mind as a first time mum that my new baby is safe while she is sleeping. I have been able to get more sleep between feeds knowing that all i need to do is wake breifly to hear the parent monitor tick tock away, instead of having to get out of bed and disturb bub every few minutes to check on her. The continueous tick tock can be turned off or left running for added peice of mind and theres no mistaking the alarm when it goes off!
    Worth every cent!
    Only one set of back up battries supples

Gareth

Garethasked

Angelcare movement monitor states " senses movement". Does this movement include breathing? Might sound like a silly question but if you have a new born and they are fast asleep then they won't be moving as in wriggling around. Want to clarify if the " movement" covers breathing in and out?

Kylie
    Kylie

It covers movement. If baby is in bassinet their breathing is picked up as movement (as I used it from newborn with all mine in a bassinet and it worked - not sure about cot as the mattress is thicker and baby at newborn is small) however if baby is not breathing but having a seizure of something it won't pick up that the baby needs help as baby is moving. I think there is one company that have a sock that works as a heart rate monitor so alarms will go off if baby isn't breathing. Hope this helped

Hi Gareth.
    Thank you for your enquiry.
    The Angelcare sensor pad senses all movement in the cot, including your baby's breathing.
    Hope this helps.
    Please do not hesitate to contact our customer service on (03) 9581 8000 if we can assist you further.

Stephen Cafferkey

Stephen Cafferkeyasked

Hi. Can a AC601 monitor work with the AC401? I have tried to link up the AC401 sensor pad with the AC601 monitor, but it doesn't appear to be compatible. Please advise?

Hi Stephen.

All the Angelcare monitors are their own integrated system, therefore can not have other model numbers added to them.
    Please contact me on (03) 958 18034 and I will be able to assist you further with this.

Padma

Padmaasked

can we use Angelcare sound and movement monitor for 7 years old kid?

Valiant B.Angelcare

Angelcare recommends their movement monitor be used for up to 2 years of age. After this time the monitor may false alarm as the child is older than the recommended age.

Get an answer from our members and Angelcare representatives