Angelcare AC401

Angelcare AC401

MPN: 00666594200433

Angelcare monitor AC517 customer service

Purchased in January 2020.

Don’t buy this monitor

Our first monitor broke after 6 months, we were told that our warranty ended so we bought another one, then about 5 months after that the charger stopped charging, they said we would have to buy a new charger, then a few months later our monitor broke again. We tried to contact customer service by email, phone and Facebook, but never heard back from them.

Other Baby Monitors

Worst purchase of my life

Battery life on this item is terrible. After just a few uses it constantly needs to be plugged in. This monitor constantly goes offline and shuts off which isn't helpful when the baby is asleep. It's a monitor - and doesn't serve its purpose. Please save yourself money and headaches and purchase a different brand. I'm throwing this monitor out and purchasing a different brand. Too many frustrations. Extremely disappointed.

Valiant B.Angelcare

Hi Mama Bear, I am very sorry that this has been your experience. All our monitors have a 3 year warranty. If you would like to contact our customer service team they will be able to assist you. Our phone number is 03 9581 8000 :)

Baby Monitors

Find out how Angelcare AC401 compares to other Baby Monitors

Amy W
Amy W

Most unexpectedly worst buy EVER!!

No peace of mind

Incredibly hard to use. Directions are not clear. Goes off randomly and sometimes not at all. Was looking for peace of mind and all we got was frustration in the wee hours of the morning and no peace of mind just anxiety. I highly recommend buying a different brand that is more practical and more reliable

Valco B.Angelcare

Hi, you have mentioned this product was purchased through Amazon. There could be many reasons why this monitor is not would as the US is on a different frequency to Australia. Please call us on 03 9581 8000 to try and assist you further.

The best baby products in 2020!

Nathan S.29 Oct 2019
the-best-baby-products-in-2020

Piece Of Junk

To all the prospective parents out there, congratulations on your little one. I am writing this review at 3:30am. My baby was sound asleep 15 minutes ago and this piece of rubbish product has gone off in the middle of the night waking the entire household. I managed to silence it and check my babies breathing perfect nothing wrong at all so I tiptoe back to bed goes off again for the four time in last week.
Was working fine the last 6 months and it is now waking me up more than my little girl.
Do yourself a favour and get a different brand, not worth your heart leaping into your chest everytime this thing malfunctions.

Valco B.Angelcare

Breaches the Trade Practices/Fair Trading Act

I spent $249 on this. The side of the box lists what is included and what is not included. However it is not until you, pay, open then box and read the Quick Installation Guide that you are told that the monitor also needs and DOES NOT include a hard board 33cms x33cms 6 mm thick. If I had known this, I never would have bought the monitor in the first place. If you are a new mum, you are completely exhausted, now I'm supposed to go to a hardware store??? I want my money back.

Requires extra plank that is not included and not specified on the packaging

Rubyandlottie
RubyandlottieMelbourne

Not happy!

Other Baby Monitors

BT51
BT51AU

Terrible. Overpriced and unreliable

I am in the process of returning my second faulty Angelcare monitor.
First monitor kept turning itself off and not reading between the 2 units. It got sent away and they decided there was no fault. Got it back and did the same.
Retailer gave me a brand new unit. A couple of weeks later the parent unit started switching itself off. After half a dozen times I phoned the retailer who have kindly agreed to give me a refund.
This is a shame as I had heard really positive reviews from my friends about this supposed trusted brand.
I would NEVER recommend this product to anyone.
Temperature display. Sensor pads.
Doesn't work properly. Overpriced.

Baby Monitors

Find out how Angelcare AC401 compares to other Baby Monitors

SareBear
SareBearAU

Not good quality

Terrible

Alesya

I am having the same problem - my parent unit blaks out, and I have been given a new parent unit, which does the same thing. I dont even know how long the parent unit remains off before I notice the fault

Alesya

Guess what - the unit came back from repairs with "no fault found", just to blank out after 3.5 hours again.

sheryldaniels
sheryldaniels

Terrible

mlmac06, did you get your refund? Waste of money. Paying top dollar for a product that doesnt do what its supposed to.
The light
The mats pick up EVERYTHING. Brought this as my daughter had breathing problems in hospital, spend a fortune on it (as you would all know) and it doesnt give me the peace of mind as i thought it would. Worked perfectly while our baby was in our room, in cradle, with aircon, now that i have moved her to her cot with the fan on, it will detect movement even when she's out of her cot.

Do not buy

I have this monitor and have had nothing but trouble with it. I have to move it back and forth when I put it on the charger to try and get the charger to pick up that it is on there. Parts of the screen have blacked out multiple times so I could not read the temp and recently it has started making a constant fuzzy noise. I have to turn it right down so I don't hear the constant fuzzy noise in order to sleep, which defeats the purpose of the monitor.
I am buying a new one of a different brand and would NEVER recommend this unreliable monitor to anyone.
When the screen is working i like that it has the temp. But really not much
Unreliable. Kept breaking down

Bob
Bobasked

Is there a second pad that can be connected to the ac027

Hi Bob,

Thank you for the question. Was this for an additional child or for an additional pad under the same mattress?

If you don't mind, email us at: info@valiantbrands.com.au with your best contact number and one of our team will reach out to help find a suitable solution :)

Kindly,

AC team

Gareth
Garethasked

Angelcare movement monitor states " senses movement". Does this movement include breathing? Might sound like a silly question but if you have a new born and they are fast asleep then they won't be moving as in wriggling around. Want to clarify if the " movement" covers breathing in and out?

Kylie
Kylie

It covers movement. If baby is in bassinet their breathing is picked up as movement (as I used it from newborn with all mine in a bassinet and it worked - not sure about cot as the mattress is thicker and baby at newborn is small) however if baby is not breathing but having a seizure of something it won't pick up that the baby needs help as baby is moving. I think there is one company that have a sock that works as a heart rate monitor so alarms will go off if baby isn't breathing. Hope this helped

Hi Gareth.
Thank you for your enquiry.
The Angelcare sensor pad senses all movement in the cot, including your baby's breathing.
Hope this helps.
Please do not hesitate to contact our customer service on (03) 9581 8000 if we can assist you further.

Stephen Cafferkey
Stephen Cafferkeyasked

Hi. Can a AC601 monitor work with the AC401? I have tried to link up the AC401 sensor pad with the AC601 monitor, but it doesn't appear to be compatible. Please advise?

Hi Stephen.

All the Angelcare monitors are their own integrated system, therefore can not have other model numbers added to them.
Please contact me on (03) 958 18034 and I will be able to assist you further with this.

Get an answer from our members and Angelcare representatives

CategoryBaby Monitors