Angelcare AC401

MPN: 00666594200433

Heshan
HeshanGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very dissatisfied with the product

I brought this product 3 weeks ago. First I thought it's working fine.

I found following 2 issues with it.

It fauls alarms even when the baby is moving. I did follow the correct installation as instructed.

Also the temperature reading is incorrect and it triggers a fauls alarm. I have 2 other temperature monitors in the room . One in the camera right next to it with correct temperature reading.

Very dissatisfied with the product

Purchased at Catch for $169.00.

Valiant B.Angelcare

Does not charge and crackles

I was given the angel care monitor as a gift and was so pleased as believed it was a trustworthy brand. My little one is only 12 weeks and the monitors won't stay charged, have to be plugged into the wall constantly.
The monitor is also very crackley and annoying when you are trying to sleep
Disappointing

Valiant B.Angelcare

Hi Jess, do you have NIMH rechargeable batteries inserted in the parent unit. The AC401 has the option of 8 channels, have you tried changing channels?

Other Baby Monitors

Lisa C
Lisa CSydney

Buying the costly products doesn't always mean quality!

Wish I had of bought a cheap one! I purchased 2 of the AC401 monitors 3 years ago. 1 has an issue with the main monitor and the other has an issue with the parent unit. I enquired on repairs and have been told they don't do repairs I have to purchase the item from Angelcare at a total of $90.75. I should have purchased cheaper monitors and I could have replaced them and still been financially better off.

Baby Monitors

Find out how Angelcare AC401 compares to other Baby Monitors

Krisszel
KrisszelBrisbane

Was working fine for 6 months

We purchased it for our first baby and was working fine for 6 months when suddenly it started to loose signal between the two units. We haven't moved or built up a wall in between our rooms (btw it is an apartment and the 2 rooms are just a few metres apart) so we thought it is faulty. We took it back to the shop where we bought it and they sent it to Angelcare. It took 2 weeks to get a reply that the monitor just works fine, there is nothing wrong with it. We couldn't believe it. The shop manager was great, they offered a full refund and we bought an Oricom with camera.. Maybe not as stylish but works perfectly.
Stylish and worked fine for a while
Dropped the signal and was beeping in the middle of the night because of that

Bad

The best baby products in 2020!

Nathan S.29 Oct 2019
the-best-baby-products-in-2020

Bad

I returned it to the shop after 2 days as I wanted a movement monitor, not just a sound monitor
Sound monitor was good, liked the option to have it activate after a certain level of noise so I didn't have to listen to everything as my baby is a noisey sleeper
Picked up the fan as movement (even on the lowest sensitivity) and told me the baby was breathing when he wasn't even in the cot, this meant the movement monitor part was completely useless.

Bob
Bobasked

Is there a second pad that can be connected to the ac027

Hi Bob,

Thank you for the question. Was this for an additional child or for an additional pad under the same mattress?

If you don't mind, email us at: info@valiantbrands.com.au with your best contact number and one of our team will reach out to help find a suitable solution :)

Kindly,

AC team

Gareth
Garethasked

Angelcare movement monitor states " senses movement". Does this movement include breathing? Might sound like a silly question but if you have a new born and they are fast asleep then they won't be moving as in wriggling around. Want to clarify if the " movement" covers breathing in and out?

Kylie
Kylie

It covers movement. If baby is in bassinet their breathing is picked up as movement (as I used it from newborn with all mine in a bassinet and it worked - not sure about cot as the mattress is thicker and baby at newborn is small) however if baby is not breathing but having a seizure of something it won't pick up that the baby needs help as baby is moving. I think there is one company that have a sock that works as a heart rate monitor so alarms will go off if baby isn't breathing. Hope this helped

Hi Gareth.
Thank you for your enquiry.
The Angelcare sensor pad senses all movement in the cot, including your baby's breathing.
Hope this helps.
Please do not hesitate to contact our customer service on (03) 9581 8000 if we can assist you further.

Stephen Cafferkey
Stephen Cafferkeyasked

Hi. Can a AC601 monitor work with the AC401? I have tried to link up the AC401 sensor pad with the AC601 monitor, but it doesn't appear to be compatible. Please advise?

Hi Stephen.

All the Angelcare monitors are their own integrated system, therefore can not have other model numbers added to them.
Please contact me on (03) 958 18034 and I will be able to assist you further with this.

Get an answer from our members and Angelcare representatives

CategoryBaby Monitors