Angelcare AC401

Angelcare AC401

MPN: 00666594200433

KyliePerth, WA

Love it

Love it. I have had this monitor for 6yrs and I got it second hand. It works perfectly even with a cracked screen from being dropped 2 years ago and a trip in the toilet yesterday.
It's so easy to use and set up and sound is great. I do wish I got the video one as I would like to see what they get up to without opening the door but that It is a personal preference.
The coverage isn't that great if I go out the front and bubs room is at the back it beeps to let me know I'm out of coverage. But it is old so they may have improved that.
I bought another brand for my eldest when I had bub #2 and it was the worse.

Ally B
Ally BPokolbin

Great features, works well for us.

Ryan S
Ryan SAdelaide

So far so good.

The instructions to set up the device were a little bit confusing but once I got to grips with them it was fine. I am very happy with the product and it is reliable & works well. The heart rate monitor has not yet given be a false alarm. So far I would say it is worth the money.

Happy Mummy
Happy Mummy

Peace of mind made easy...

I had two little ones born 12 months apart and it was an easy decision to buy a second Angelcare system for our youngest. Easy to set up, great range on the parent unit and my littlest poppet still uses the night light even now that he's three. Money well spent. Twice :)

Tash
TashSydney

A reliable brand

The best baby products in 2020!

Nathan S.29 Oct 2019
the-best-baby-products-in-2020
bronty_saurus
bronty_saurusAU

Great for peace of mind

Have found this monitor great for peace of mind.

Ny son is a tummy sleeper and refuses to sleep on his back (once he could roll by himself). He was also a very quiet baby when sleeping. If we had had a video monitor I wouldn't have been able to see what was happening as he would have been lying still on his tummy.

Monitor has very good (adjustable) sensitivity. Had a few false alarms when bub has moved to the edge of the mattress. Other than that it works well.

oscar45
oscar45altona

Good for peace of mind

So glad we bought a baby monitor, have had a few glitches with the handset randomly turning off, esp if its outside and warm. Bubs has also managed to set off the alarm when she's gone into a deep sleep and when she was moving around her bed and on her tummy it went off. So a very good warning for us to go and check on her. We rely so heavily on it and take it when we go anywhere overnight with her.
Reliable for breathing and temperature
handset can randomly turn off when off the base station.

ace35
ace35Perth

Great product

I bought this unit second hand and I really like it! It's very reassuring that it picks up baby's breathing! I've had no problems with it so far.
One annoying little thing is how often it is set off and it does get set off just a little too late so very often, it gets set off but I can't hear baby making noises.
Reliable, easy o set up, breathing sensors work grate
Sound activation a little late, expensive

moi
moiAU

Peace of mind for mum and dad!

debbstaa
debbstaaAU

Great for peace of mind

Great monitor only issue is had to replace power adapter after a year and a half and having constant charging issues even though i replace the batteries every few months. Not cheap for the rechargeable
Peace of mind when baby is sleeping
Not even 2 years before problems started to occur

MyLittleMonkey
MyLittleMonkey

hi debbstaa
we are having the exact same trouble.one of the units is not charging and it is the one on our bedside..the noise freaks you out when you're asleep.just wondering where you found the adapter??

ConsumerCrusader
ConsumerCrusaderSydney

Easy peace of mind.

Really easy to use straight out of the box. No interference. Handy temp gauge. Small parents unit that doesn't look too awful. Nice long cord. Handy very soft nightlight.

Can be quite sensitive and give false warning alarms although the only 2 times the alarm has properly gone off we are pretty certain my sons breathing had stopped as he was in a very deep sleep and floppy when we scooped him up.
No interference. Easy to use. Handy temp gauge and nightlight.
Can be a bit sensitive.

charlotteo
charlotteo

Wizza1985
Wizza1985AU

Good

Great, peace of mind for a nervous new mum! The monitor is great, we had it with two sensor pads, never had a false alarm, not one problem!
We had a tummy sleeper from day one and this gave is great peace of mind. The units are small and way to use and the instructions were easy to follow to set up the sensitivity. The options to have it noose only, noise and
Movement, eta were great as we were able to customize the settings as our children got older.
So far so good, this monitor is on to our second child and we have never had a problem with anything.

Mudisk
Mudisk

Suellen
Suellen

Good

Overall I think this baby monitor is very good quality. It has many features and it's good how it detects breathing as well as sound.
I like how the parent unit displays the temperature in the baby's room. Having a second parent unit has come in handy. We keep it in our rumpus room for when we watch a loud movie so we can hear our little boy cry. Also, you can adjust the decibel level so the monitor doesn't switch on just for a little whimper.
This baby monitor was the most expensive one in the shop but the breathing detection pads give us some peace of mind when our baby's asleep. When my baby cries and the parent unit switches on in the middle of the night, it gives you a big fright!

Bob
Bobasked

Is there a second pad that can be connected to the ac027

Hi Bob,

Thank you for the question. Was this for an additional child or for an additional pad under the same mattress?

If you don't mind, email us at: info@valiantbrands.com.au with your best contact number and one of our team will reach out to help find a suitable solution :)

Kindly,

AC team

Gareth
Garethasked

Angelcare movement monitor states " senses movement". Does this movement include breathing? Might sound like a silly question but if you have a new born and they are fast asleep then they won't be moving as in wriggling around. Want to clarify if the " movement" covers breathing in and out?

Kylie

It covers movement. If baby is in bassinet their breathing is picked up as movement (as I used it from newborn with all mine in a bassinet and it worked - not sure about cot as the mattress is thicker and baby at newborn is small) however if baby is not breathing but having a seizure of something it won't pick up that the baby needs help as baby is moving. I think there is one company that have a sock that works as a heart rate monitor so alarms will go off if baby isn't breathing. Hope this helped

Hi Gareth.
Thank you for your enquiry.
The Angelcare sensor pad senses all movement in the cot, including your baby's breathing.
Hope this helps.
Please do not hesitate to contact our customer service on (03) 9581 8000 if we can assist you further.

Stephen Cafferkey
Stephen Cafferkeyasked

Hi. Can a AC601 monitor work with the AC401? I have tried to link up the AC401 sensor pad with the AC601 monitor, but it doesn't appear to be compatible. Please advise?

Hi Stephen.

All the Angelcare monitors are their own integrated system, therefore can not have other model numbers added to them.
Please contact me on (03) 958 18034 and I will be able to assist you further with this.

Get an answer from our members and Angelcare representatives

CategoryBaby Monitors