Angus & Robertson

Angus & Robertson Questions & Answers (page 2)

Verifiedangusrobertson.com.au
Tayla
Tayla

Hi, my name is Tayla and I am enquiring about order number 09679328 that was ordered on 20/08/2020. One of the books in that order had an estimated 'sent by date' of 31/08/2020 however it is currently 6/09/2020 and I still have not even had a shipping email, it is still being "processed". Is this order still being processed? Is this a regular delay due to current circumstance? Or is there some error that needs to be corrected?

Angus & Robertson   DM

Hi Tayla, Thanks for your message. I've had a look at your order.

It looks like the system has held back the first book that arrived (Paola Santiago and the River of Tears) as a second (The Shadow Crosser) arrived shortly after. They'll be packed and shipped together.

It looks like Majesty is a little bit behind the others so the system may hold it to send all three together but as it could be more than a week until Majesty arrives I'd expect that the first two will be sent in one parcel and the third sent separately.

Please let me know if there's anything else we can do for you.

Ruby
Ruby

has anyone purchased a back order? i was just wondering how you found that experience

Sarah
Sarah

The book I bought for a gift to my sister had scratches on the spine of the book. Honestly, I was hoping the book would've been in a better condition given I was hoping to give it as a gift.

Andy
Andy

Hi Sarah
This is not the review I jut posted. You have sent the query to the wrong parson.

Cheers........Andy

Angus & Robertson   DM

Hi Sarah, I'm sorry to hear that the book for your sister arrived with some damage. Could I please get your order number? I'll see what we can do for you.

Sophie L.
Sophie L.

You say the books will be delivered in 2-4 days but it's the fourth day and my order is STILL processing. So you took my money without sending my books. I emailed you and haven't received a response. I figured I'd give you a chance due to the current climate but there's no reason why my books haven't even been dispatched. I'm very disappointed because I've ordered from you before and didn't have any issues. Very difficult to get in contact with.

What is going on?

Angus & Robertson   DM

Hi Sophie, I'm very sorry about the wait. Could I please get your order number please? I'll have a look into it for you.

Emily
Emily

I ordered an "in-stock" book On your website on 07 Mar. It was never sent. Still processing after 1 week. I reached out via your web contact form - no response. I phoned your 1800 number yesterday and spent 20mins on hold with no response. I called again - And I'm still "in the queue" with no response (let's be honest, no one answers the phones) I sent message to you by productreview, but no response too! What happen?? Would really appreciate a reply!

Angus & Robertson   DM

Hi Emily, I'm sorry for the delay. I just replied to your message.

snowpuppy

I’ve put my order through on the 10/01/2020 (Friday), it’s been two days and the order is still processing. It’s very important that I get my books by the end of the week as they are for a birthday present. Could I please have help in figuring out how to ensure that I receive my order on time? I live in Melbourne (a metro area) and for both books I’ve ordered, it has said that shipping would take 2-4 days, so it should definitely be possible to receive the books on time. My order number is 09326144. Thank you.

Penny V.
Penny V.

In my experience, I received both email and text message with the delivery date the day prior to delivery. If you ordered Friday then I guess 2-4 days should mean you get your order Friday 17 or earlier.

Angus & Robertson   DM

Hi there, Your order should arrive by the end of the week but I can have a look at it for you if you like. Just send me your order number and I'll give you an update.

snowpuppy

My order number is 09326144. Thank you.

Angus & Robertson   DM

Hi there, Your order shipped less than an hour ago. You should be receiving an email with the tracking number as soon as its scanned into Australia Post's system.

Thank you!

Tony

I ordered an "in-stock" book via A&R on ebay on 10/12. It was never sent. I messaged via ebay on 14/12 and 16/12 - zero responses. I opened an ebay dispute on 17/12 - still awaiting a reply. I reached out via Twitter today 18/12, no response. I reached out via your web contact form - no response. I phoned your 1800 number this morning and spent 35min on hold with no response. I called again this afternoon - it's been 30min and I'm still "in the queue" with no response (let's be honest, no one answers the phones, do they). Why don't you just talk to your customers? What's the deal here? I want the book before Christmas and I've paid for the item and heard nothing - is this some sort of scam? Would really appreciate a reply!

Angus & Robertson   DM

Hi Tony, I'm very sorry for the delay and difficulty in getting in touch with us. Could I have your order number please? I'll have a look into what's happened.

Tony

Thank you for replying. Order No. 14-04264-97471 (via A&R ebay store).

Angus & Robertson   DM

Hi Tony, I'm sorry for the delay, I can see that the order has now been cancelled and refunded. If there's anything else I can help you with please let me know.

Tony

Mate I've got a great business idea - how about we open an online bookstore, and advertise all our books as "in-stock" with a delivery guarantee. Then, we'll take our customers'money, BUT we'll ignore literally ALL of their messages, emails, and phone calls. Then, we'll only refund their money if they keep annoying us on different web-platforms, like this website here. Whaddya think?

Look thanks for the reply, and for the refund that came through this morning (though I did ask for an update on the book, not for a refund) - but this has got to be a stitch-up - by far the worst customer service I've ever seen.

Hi David,
Not sure why you decided to stop the mediation and communication with me yesterday. I asked to speak to a Manager but was ignored. My order number is 09204780. You said you would issue an immediate refund after the books I ordered on the 6 November 2019 for a Christmas gift are no longer coming due to your supplier lying to your company about sending them, 6 weeks after I bought and paid for them.
No refund has come through and no emails from Angus and Robertson stating that the refund has been processed.
Could you look into this please?
Thankyou so much,
Katie.

Angus & Robertson   DM

Hi Katie, I'm sorry for not getting back to you yesterday. I've just replied on your review.

KatieSarkis

David I am happy to hear that the books have arrived- for some reason I can't reply on my review page- it won't submit. I would much rather the books than a refund. If you are sure you can get them to me by Christmas Day I will be so happy (and so will my mother in law!) Thankyou for helping to sort this out. Kind Regards, Katie.

Kristina B.

Why is it that when Sarah below asks a question on a third party website you can reply within a couple of hours with a resolution? Meanwhile when customers call you wont answer and when I send you an online enquiry about my order you cant provide a response? I placed my order on 29 Nov and it was stated all items would be delivered in 2-4 days yet it is still processing. I had hoped for you to rectify this today and give some hope. Never have I been so utterly ripped off from an online shopping experience. My order number is 09248398, at this point I desperately want a refund. This afternoon I had to go to 3 different physical book stores to buy the items a second time to ensure my son doesnt go without on Christmas Day.

Angus & Robertson   DM

Hi Kristina, I'm very sorry about the delay and lack of response. Your order was actually just about to ship. I've messaged the warehouse to cancel that ship so I can refund you the order. I will send you an email once that's completed.

Kristina B.

This is not consistent with the correspondence received so far - I have only received an email stating the order would not be ready for another 1-2 weeks and I have had no further response regarding my request for a refund. Please follow up!

Angus & Robertson   DM

Hi Kristina, I've just sent you an email with an explanation.

Kristina B.

David, I thank you for trying to help and sending an email stating there was an issue with one of my titles and that you had requested the order not ship so I could have a refund. Unfortunately your email stated no new information from your message on this website on Tuesday. Why does it take so long? Furthermore, I just received an email stating that the part of the order that is in stock is going to ship!

Angus & Robertson   DM

Hi Kristina, We're really sorry for confusing emails, our automated system is running at the same time as we are and don't reflect what we're doing to have this resolved for you. To clarify, the 2 emails we sent you regarding a 1-2 week delay were regarding 1 book each, not the whole order.

We have definitely stopped the order and are arranging a refund now. I'm very sorry we haven't been more clear, rest assured we're sorting it out and you'll get a refund ASAP.

I'm sending you a discount code for 20% off your next order. Please get in touch if there's anything we can do for you.

AGB

I also ordered books from A&R because of them claiming despatched in 24 to 48 hours and delivery in 2-4 days. I was cutting it fine ordering last Thursday hoping for delivery by this Friday. That was it. No communication. Emailed them today no answer. Will I receive the part of my order that was promised on time or not. Order number 09281070.

Kristina B.

I highly doubt it, have seen people who ordered early Nov and still no response from the company

Angus & Robertson   DM

Hi there, Your order just shipped last night. I'll DM you the tracking number.

AGB

Hi Jessica, thank you I will let you know when I receive it.

AGB

Hi Jessica, the two books I was hoping to get before the weekend arrived yesterday (Wednesday) 18/12. Thank you.

Angus & Robertson   DM

Hi there, Glad to hear it. Enjoy your reading and Merry Christmas.

Sarah C

My order has been "processing" for ten days now, and I think Angus and Robertson have just taken my money without any hope of me getting my books! I've been on hold now for over an hour, and nobody will pick up the phone. So frustrating!!!!!!

Angus & Robertson   DM

Hi Sarah, Could I have your order number please? I'll have a look into what's happening.

Hi David,

It's order 09264834. I'm rapidly running out of days to receive my books - please help!!!!!

Sarah.

Angus & Robertson   DM

Hi Sarah, I'm just going to send you an email but I can confirm that your order shipped today.

Jayne M.
Jayne M.

What is the correct phone number for Angus and Robertson Westfield Helensvale?

Angus & Robertson   DM

Hi Jayne, We don't have any physical stores anymore. Our phone number is 1800 732 701.

Rosie B.

Becoming slightly concerned as I placed my order on the 5th of September - with it stating on the website it should take 2-4 business days overall for me to receive this order (I live in SA metro), and the status of the order is still 'processing'. I tried to call 3 separate times yesterday but each time was on hold for over 15 minutes and gave up each time as I didn't have enough time to sit and wait, as well as emailing them and have heard nothing. Any recommendations on what I should do? I need the book by the 25th of September as I am going away after and this is a present. Not impressed :(

Angus & Robertson   DM

Hi Rosie, Can I have your order number please? I'll see what I can do for you.

My order number is #09124428

Thank you!

Angus & Robertson   DM

Hi Rosie, I've just sent you an email with an update and a discount code. We're very sorry for the delay in your order.

Glenice
Glenice

I give up. I have tried to give an excellent review but it won't allow me to rate it and therefore I can't submit my review

Mark S
Mark S

I had to try twice to get my review submitted correctly.

Thalia Prima
Thalia Prima

Hi,

I would like to know if the book titled TENANTS OF MY MIND is available for sale?

With many thanks

Author

Angus & Robertson   DM

Hi Thalia, That title is available to purchase on our site, you can find it here: external link

Maya

Hi, I ordered a book for my husbands birthday. The delivery was speedy - buT the quality of the book is shocking. Impossible to read, rough cut. No warning of this in the description. Needless to say, I had to go buy him something else altogether. Even after all this time together, I don't want to give him a sub-standard gift. What are the options re returning please?.

Angus & Robertson   DM

Hi Maya, I'm really sorry to hear that! I'd like to look into it further and check the quality of the book, would I be able to grab your order number please?

#08364424

Angus & Robertson   DM

Hi Maya, Thanks for providing your order number! I've looked into it a little further and the book you purchased was actually printed with bevelled edge pages. Bevelled edge means that the edges of the pages are cut in a way to give them an older or historical look, it's an intentional design choice. I've updated the description so that this is more clear.

I've sent you an email with some details on how to return the item if you would still like to return it. Feel free to respond to my email if you have any further questions.

Hi jess

I've read your email. I would like to return book because, as you point out, the description required updating. It's not so much "a change of mind" as an "inability to turn pages due to awkwardness of page cut & material". I expect therefor that both the cost of book AND the cost of postage to be refunded. To be honest, I'm not sure why a title such as "There's a spiritual answer to every problem" would suit a 'historical' look, as you call it. Sincerest thanks for your help, Maya

Maya

I have received refund for cost of book. I'm VERY curious as to why the cost of return postage was not included - as I specifically asked for? It is a sign of good faith to a customer - since condition of book was not adequately described. Any clues please?

Angus & Robertson   DM

Hi Maya, I'm very sorry about this. The normal process for returned items is to issue a refund for the item only however considering the circumstances I'll issue a refund for the shipping cost as well. Please allow a few business days for the refund to go through.

Thanks jess

That restores my faith completely.

Hi jess

I just received your email regarding confusion over what shipping you were paying for (ie not for my costs in returning book).

Let it be

More trouble than all these emails warrant.

Cheers, maya

Rachel

Ordered from A&R a week ago and my order has been stuck on "processing" ever since! For something that was meant to take 1-2 days to be dispatched I'm extremely annoyed at this. Its a christmas present for my mother and now I'm worried it won't get here in time, despite being ordered with plenty of time to arrive. Not happy! Any help?

Angus & Robertson   DM

Hi Rachel, I'm sorry to hear this, let me take a look into it for you. Could I have your order number please?

My order number is #08206044

Rachel

Still pending, still NOT HAPPY! If you tell someone you're going to look into it, actually look into it!

Rachel

I'm giving you until the 15th of December to rectify this, and upgrade me to free express postage before I cancel the payment through my bank.

brian
brian

I actually went into the store and picked out a book

It's better option that way

Rachel

All of the A&R stores around my area were shut down about 2-3 years ago. To get to a store i have to travel 3+ hours. But i'm happy it was a solution for you.

Kattttttt

My order has been on 'order processing' for two days and I am confused if it has been dispatched or not. Every time I click on it, it says that it will be dispatched within 24-48 hours.

It's actually for someones birthday TOMORROW.

How do I get someone to contact me? I've had no luck via emails.

Angus & Robertson   DM

HI Kat, Let me look into this for you, could I have your order number please?

Hi Jess,

I was emailed with a tracking number late yesterday saying it was dispatched the day before!

Thank you for getting back to me. Great customer service!

Kat.

Paula
Paula

Is there any reason that I can not get through on the phone lines to discuss my order and am unable to submit a request online in your help section? I have been ordering books with you guys for some time with no problem, but it makes me anxious when I receive an email to say that my book (prepaid $50.56) will not be available in the foreseeable future and to contact you and then I can not get through to you. Please let me know. Kind Regards, Paula

Angus & Robertson   DM

Hi Paula, I'm sorry for the trouble you've had getting in touch with us, we have recently identified an issue with our phone system that we're still working on resolving.

The message form in the Help Centre should have worked so I'm not too sure what's happening there - I'd be happy to get in touch with you instead, I just need your order number.

Gretel
Gretel

Hi, could you please confirm delivery date for my order #08040632? I haven't received any email confirmation since ordered on 1/8/17. I need the book urgently for my studies. Thanks

Angus & Robertson   DM

Hi Gretel, Sorry for the wait on this one! I can see you've since spoken with my colleague Bono - we'll be sure to get in touch once the book is on it's way to you.

Get an answer from our members and Angus & Robertson representatives