Animalistic

See the Best Pet Shops in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Beware of this Company!!

Worst online purchase i have ever made! This has got to be the most unprofessional and dodgy company i have ever dealt with.
For starters they have 3 different named websites, this should've been my first warning sign.
temporarypetdoor, catcabana, auswidepetdoors, temporarypetdoor and Laluna pet care are just a few names they operate under. I placed my order on the 26th of July, the item was listed as in stock online, a few days later i received an email saying this item will not be in stock until the 5th of August, I waited patiently for that date.

The item was finally shipped on the 7th with a cheap company called sendle who in the end LOST my item, I asked for a refund for shipping costs as i paid for shipping, they declined to offer anything for the hassle, they then resent my item. If i had not requested that they do NOT send with the same company again they wouldve sent it with sendle again, they sent my item with another company and I eventually received it on the 19th of August! That is almost a month of waiting for the Cat Cabana i had ordered.

All parts are there the cage is ok but not the quality i expected for all that hassle it is flimsy and wobbly. Not the type of Cabana that will keep a Maine Coon in they can just tip it over if not weighted down. The thing that disappointed me the most was there lack of customer service. Nothing offered to me for waiting this period of time. A whole month for an “australian” company to ship from Queensland to Queensland!! Please beware of this company i shouldve seen the signs but i didnt know they ran 3 websites until i looked into it more . Save yourself the hassle and go elsewhere.

Terrible customer service, no respect

Terrible experience. Cancelled my order due to having to euthanise my pet. Animalistic Pet Products however refuses to actually process the refund despite claiming it was underway. A terrible experience and deliberately making this painful time much harder for me and my family. I have contacted numerous times and yet still no action.

Would never recommend.

Flap not weatherproof. Has shortcomings but can make do.

Ordered online.
1 Patio Pet Door Insert [Colour: Black] [Size: Medium]
1 Security Pack - [Black]
3 Extension piece [Size: Medium] [Colour: Black]

The first disappointment was delivery. It showed the fastest option was Hunter Express (so paid more for it). But it took 10 days to arrive after a lot of chasing up and little accountability from the company, passing the buck to Hunter Express (who were hard to contact as well).

The second disappointment is the lack of weather seals when ordering extensions. I had to order 3 additional extension panels due to the height of my doors but was not given any additional seals and draft stoppers for the height. Now I have a gap in the draft strip and a mishmash of the seals in the doors.

The biggest disappointment is the flap, it is definitely not weatherproof as they advertise. I'm in Melbourne and live on level 4, the flap is useless. The flap makes so much noise and the magnets are super weak. Always flapping open in the wind and letting rain in often. It's a huge pain especially since it is winter and affecting heating.

What I like is that it was relatively easy to install (I'm a petite woman) by myself with no assistance. It took some work but I didn't find it annoying. Just need a cordless drill/screwdriver to help.

I like that the door is now bolted securely and I also bought the lock so I can use the patio door like normal and lock it.

I also like the steel flap to lock the flap (which we use a lot since the flap isn't weatherproof).

My puppy learnt to use the door quickly and it's been great for us to train him and he has the flexibility to go out anytime (when the flap is open).

I would've given this product a better review if the flap wasn't so terrible with wind and rain, and they had provided extra seals for extensions especially the draft one.

If they started making the doors in double glaze, that would make me consider them more favourably but not sure if there are limitations to that.

The product arrived well packaged but found the instructions a bit lacking but luckily found Youtube videos to help. Especially it wasn't clear in which direction/side the extension pieces went on.

It does an alright job and has limitations, I bought it primarily due to the extensions since I have really tall doors.

Inferior non-standard product and less than professional installers

I arranged the purchase and install of a dog door via telephone and paid the full amount at the time of order. The product was shipped fairly quickly however it did take some time for the installers to contact me. I was very clear at the time of order that the door was to be installed in the fixed pane of sliding glass door and also supplied photos of the door for the installer. The installers first visit was to measure the glass panel so they could order the replacement with the hole pre-cut for the dog door. I gave them the actual door to check. The installer subbed out the actual install to Jim's Glass - they turned up unannounced - fortunately I was home. I gave them the dog door and showed them where it was to be installed. Glass was removed and replaced with the panel that had been cut to accommodate the door.
At this point the installer tells me that he is going to install it with the locking panel on the outside - otherwise I wouldn't be able to open the glass sliding door. The door sections were siliconed together, some tape put on to hold it and then I discover the sliding door doesn't open.

INSTALLER: Look I am sure it will be ok. Just leave the tape on and don't use the door until Thursday.

So now I have a laundry door I can't open, and a dog door that will only close off on the outside which is useless. Surely as supposedly experienced installers, looking at the dog door and the sliding door, they should have been able to see there may be an issue before changing over the glass.

The company solution was to remove the tunnel section of the door ( it had to be ground off) and theoretically relayed this to the installer who turned up to do the job without the appropriate tools.

The company money back guarantee is worthless. I couldn't even get a credit to offset the very poor service from the installer (the new glass panel rattles as well) and the additional cost I now need to incur to source an alternative product. Their product is non-standard so nothing else on the market has the same measurements. It's either have one made to fit or pay again to have another glass panel installed.

Buy a product that is readily available and organise a reputable glazier to measure up and replace the glass. You will be much better off

Disappointing service but the door itself is ok.

Ordered a large pet door with security package and adapter.
1 week later still waiting on it with no contact from supplier. I call them and the say they are waiting on the adapter which had to be sent back to be repainted do to lack of coverage when it arrived.
2 weeks later, still waiting with still no contact from them, so call again.
3 weeks later, still waiting, third call made as still no contact from them first. They agreed to send the door and security pack now and the adapter when it arrived.
4 weeks, door finally arrives.
5 weeks, cancel the adapter as it’s not needed.
7 weeks, still haven’t received refund so call or any contact from them regarding it. Call them and get told they will pass on my details to the finance department to organise the refund and get back to me. Not going to hold my breath on this.
Horrible, Horrible customer service.Its disappointing as the door is actually nice, if a bit over priced. I wouldn’t suggest trying somewhere else first.

GO elsewhere, this company are lacking in so many areas

Customer Service is zero, [Name Removed] is very rude and didn't know what he was talking about, emails requesting support got ignored, phoned messages ignored.! Fitting kit low grade that isn't good for anything despite my wife sending them photos of our door, 2 emails requesting support got ignored, phoned messages ignored and then when [Name Removed] called he was nothing but rude and offered zero support. GO elsewhere and buy a product worth buying!

It's not for everyone

I really tried to like it. But after purchasing extensions and accessories to make sure I do it the proper way, we still end up with cold air in winter - the door might as well be open. I had spent too much time DIYing it and I'm no professional but I thought this is meant to be a DIY project.

It took me quite some time of having, enhancing it, buying accessories to make sure it does what it does before deciding to pull the plug. So, that would have taken more than 7 days - warranty period.

My only hope now is to be able to at least sell this at a discount price since I have invested too much on it already. It seemed to have worked well for others but not for me.

Best ever

Pet door is an awesome product, great quality and we received outstanding customer support leading up to our decision to purchase. Online video was also very instructive to assist us in installing the door ourselves. Excellent!

Cat installer best ever

The installer went above & beyond did a great job very professional and very helpful nothing too hard and very Curtis highly recommend him stayed in touch & Re scheduled where necessary to fit in with my needs

Product Great. Delivery Not Great.

Product is excellent. Easy to install. Just what we needed. However, when delivery was made, we were at home, but the courier made no attempt to ring or knock on our door. We found your parcel later in the day when we were leaving our home to go out. The parcel was leaning against the garage door in full view of everybody who walked or drove past our house.

Fantastic solution and great quality

This is such a great product. High quality, easy to install and the team are super helpful. We’ll be able to keep warm in winter but our dog still has her dog door to get outside when she needs!

The Zip broke on the first use of the Cat Cabana Penthouse.

Unfortunately the zip broke on the cat enclosure after the first use, not sure it was worth $400+. Was a little complicated to put together as the instructions were unclear.

Hi Meaghan, sorry to hear you had trouble with the zip. Please send us an email with your order number and we will replace the whole net free of charge. We did have a problem with the zip on a select number of nets and we have now rectified the issue on the latest version of the net. Also just incase you need some better instructions for assembly we have just released a new video see here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYG8DNKbYUc Thank you for your feedback. Regards Animalistic team.

Great Doggy Door

I received my order quickly. It is a perfect fit and was very easy to install (I did it myself) and it looks great. I'm very happy with it. It was great value for money.

just what my friend needed

I have a brain damaged friend who loves her cat. We live in a village and the cat kept getting out which is against village rules, so I found your site and purchased the Cat Cage which is great and today purchased the accessories to go with it.

Stock level not accurate, no updates on my order, charged for express shipping took 2 weeks. No refund for bar lock

I ordered a silver medium sized pet door insert, plus the bar lock and screen door attachment too. I paid for express shipping which said it would arrive between 1-3 business days, waited and waited, 5 business days later I called to ask where my order was - got told no one updated my order, nothing was dispatched because the silver model was not in stock - but a customer came into the store to pick one up the day before I rang and returned it because she didn't want it anymore?? Ok, so I change my order to black because that one was in stock, then asked about the bar lock as it was definitely too short, she told me I'd get a refund for the bar lock and that she would remove the bar lock from my delivery, but this never happened. Shipping costs never got refunded either for the 2 weeks that I waited. Absolute let down on your part Animalistic. The door insert is good quality, your bar lock too (shame that you don't make them longer because they never fit on any of these doors and I've read countless customer reviews on this, honestly it just needs another 10cm and it would be perfect). Your customer service and logistics made all of this a real disappointment. I would not recommend this to my friends nor family because Bunnings has something like this at half the price, works the same, is sturdy, and you can pick it up or get it delivered with ease.

Best thing to keep the cats out of each other's food!

Happier cats now that they don't have to fight for their own food!! Thank you for such a great product and quick delivery. Definitely happy with the product. Thank you.

Great product, however, set up not that easy

Great product once set up, however, I struggled for quite some time though, as the net is very tight. Also, my box arrived damaged and half open which is the curriers fault, I guess?!

Delivery

I ordered a pet door on the 15th April. It is now the 5th of May and i still have not recieved the door. Fast Away Couriers picked the door up on the 15th and there has been no updates as to where the door is now. The delivery service/time has let you down as a company.

Best thing for our dog for keeping him inside and not jumping the fence.

ease of installation quick secure and worked well from the start. Ordered and delivered by the next day. The person at Animalistic was very helpful with my questions on installation.

Fantastic product! Great delivery service too

Absolutely brilliant product - great quality, easy to fit, secure - little fella started using us straight away. Easy as anything!! Could not recommend this enough, thanks to the team at Animalistic!

I was given a cat cabana penthouse and I can't work out how you would attach the extension cube. Can anyone help me please?
Hi Sandra, You build the add on cube separately then use the supplied zip ties to attach the 2 frames together. You can then cut the net top allow the cat access to that part. Please let us know if you need anything else. Kind Regards AdminOh ok cool. Didn't realise you had to cut the net. That's the part that confused me, how they would access the top part. Thanks heaps for your reply. We love the enclosure it was so easy to put together (even though after watching the video I did it backwards).

Received Cat Cabana. Having difficulty assembling it as the net seems too small.
Hi Lyn, I found it a 3 person job getting the net on as it’s quite a tight fit.Thanks Meaghan - so it’s not as easy as the video shows ! Will tell my frustrated hubby he was worried about bending the poles . ThanksHi Meaghan, How long ago did you purchase your enclosure. We have just released a new updated version that has an adjustable net, which makes it much easier. See this assembly video, No outtakes, full assembly from start to finish. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYG8DNKbYUc&t=6s Any questions please let us know. Regards Animalistic Team.

Hi, We are installing a new security screen and want to incorporate a pet door. Would your product fit a swinging security door, allowing sufficient space for both the security door and solid door to close at the same time when necessary? Also, what is your turn-around time for orders at the moment? We have a deadline in early December.
Hi Kerry, Yes we have an Aluminium Pet Door that is designed for screen doors. We also sell Petway pet doors which are also a good fit for screen doors. See the links below for your options. If you would like us to install it for you please let us know by calling us on 1300 761 369 and we can get you booked in. https://www.temporarypetdoor.com.au/aluminium-premium-pet-door https://www.temporarypetdoor.com.au/petway-pet-door Kind Regards Admin

Animalistic Online storeAnimalistic Physical store