Anker Eufy Wire-Free Security Kit

Anker Eufy Wire-Free Security Kit Questions & Answers

28 questions from our users

annoyed
annoyedasked

what distance will the system work

unhappy customer
unhappy customer

It's pretty bad eh , eufy maybe a bit better as well as no phone support in Australia or live chat as chat is based in us or uk, if you do get emails if lucky.. they are 24hrs apart, not really helpful in most situations,they should advertise this on book in Australia for Australiian market as it comes across as dishonest eg: false advertising hope this helps

Hummergirl
Hummergirlasked

We added 2 more cameras to our initial setup of 4 cameras.(Eufy 2Pro - 2K) I am the primary user. We use iPhones to receive alerts. All 6 cameras appear on my phone. How do I add the 2 additional cameras to his phone?

Mel Peatey
Mel Peateyasked

Is your phone the only way to see and hear the security alerts? What happens if you turn off your phone at night what the alerts would be most appropriate?

Paul
Paul

Yes I believe so. I never had the chance to see. I couldn't get the app to start up. I returned the system.

Rohan S
Rohan Sasked

Does eufy supply a camera that doesn't require you to connect it to a home base?

mick

Yes you got to have the base station , because all photos and videos you have to download straight to your phone , so you have to keep saving everything straight to Photos or Gallery on your phone then connect phone to a computer so you can download straight on to the computer, if you get a Ring camera, ring has a cloud you can subscribe to but it cost $40.00 for one camera and a video doorbell,if you want more than one ring camera then it will $150.00 per but you can have up to 15 Ring cameras plus the video doorbell , so it depends what you want

Aliciaasked

I have just activated my new system (Eufy Cam Pro) and only 3 of the 4 cameras are in colour. Have I got a setting wrong on one, or can only 3 be in colour, or is there something wrong with it? Any advice is appreciated!

NoBSreviewer

Hey Alicia, the camera that is not in colour, is it in night mode? There should be a option for automatic night mode. And if you click to view your camera click on the 3 lines on the bottom right of the screen you may have the night mode on during the day. Hope that helps!

Alicia

Thanks for your prompt response! Yes I just found this feature and if I turn the auto night vision mode off it comes up with colour again but my 3 others have it on and they are in colour. They are all in the same spot so it’s weird that this one is different.

NoBSreviewer

Hmmm is the 3rd camera in a dark area? It might not have enough light and revert to night mode to get A better picture. If not that’s strange have a troubleshoot and contact eufy maybe you can get another camera replacement.

Sandra W.
Sandra W.asked

I have a duplex with a shared entrance. We both want Eufy systems but can we share the doorbell to each home base?

don't know never tried

gizmopromotions
gizmopromotionsasked

What happens if a crook switches off your power? That means the base will go off and no video?

caveat_emptor

The homebase has an internal battery.

Sonia J.
Sonia J.asked

Can I
Connect to
Wireless broadband. I do not have a router.

Richina M.
Richina M.asked

Hi
Does anyone know how much the cloud storage costs?

Dave
Dave

nothing it is free from what I have read

Kimberleyasked

Are the batteries fully charged already when buying them?

Mr. Fix it

Hi Kimberley, as I recall they are not fully charged when you buy the system. With any electronic device, it's advisable to start with a full battery before first use, and that's often in the User Guide. Better quality devices will have some way of indicating when the batteries are fully charged, like an LED which stops blinking or changes colour. Best regards, John.

Dalal T.
Dalal T.asked

Hi after reading all comments as I decided to by this EufyCam wire-free HD Security 4-Camera Set for my home but my question please up to much SD card storage Eufy can will take ??? Thanks

Mr. Fix it

Hi Dalal, I successfully installed a 128 Gb micro card. Hope this helps, regards John.
As I returned the Eufy, I could sell you my card at a reduced rate if you are interested. I have a question for you please, did you buy the Pro 2 or the Pro 3, and how are you finding it please?

Cosgrove
Cosgrove

the answer to that is very hard as it depends on how many cameras you have, how sensitive you set them and thus the amount of triggers. Eg a camera say at your door will record a lot more than say a back door you may not use as much. IN saying this, i have the 16GB card and 4 cameras and it records about 2-3 months worth, but adding in a larger card is not hard or expensive at all. I guess you need to ask yourself, how far back do you really need to go with your captured footage? if more than a few months, I would put a larger card, say a 64GB will hold a years worth based on my setup.

Tonyasked

Why don't the cameras record movement at night?

Hi Tony
The cameras do record movement at night. Try turning up the motion sensitivity in the camera setting. My cameras are all set to around 90-93 and this will even catch the micro bats in flight.. I find that if I set the sensitivity much higher than this then even a slight breeze will set them off all of the time.
You will find that the range distance for motion detection at night is reduced when compared to full daylight distance

Mr. Fix it

They absolutely should is the answer. Mine did when I had them installed. They have infared capability which enables them to "see" in the dark. My problem was they were very inconsistent as to when they captured movement, or not. I also thought the video quality particularly at night was not good, and particularly if the subject was moving. Regards, John.

Tony

Thank you, I'll adjust and test it tonight.

Snensnay
Snensnayasked

Can I view the vision from my mobile device without paying for a subscription (cloud) service? So if I am a work, do I still get notifications and the ability to view the live vision?

Hi Snensay
Yes you can view the vision on a mobile device .It is not necessary to pay for the cloud service although you can if you wish to. It backs up to a data card installed in the home base . Yes you will get notifications and you can view the live vision on your mobile phone anywhere that you have an internet connection

Chas K.asked

Can anyone confirm that live vision (or stored videos) can be accessed from multiple devices at the same time ie can I access from my iPhone at the same time that my wife is accessing from her Android phone? Thanks.

Mr. Fix it

I cannot confirm this Chas. I only accessed the videos from one tablet. Cheers, John.

Chas K.asked

Am I right in thinking that the outdoor mounts allow for the camera to be screwed in to make theft less easy? I am aware of the alarm. Thanks

andrew k.

Hi Chas I used the outdoor mounts even on the one camera in my shed because the other mounts were a magnetic base and I considered that the screw in outdoor mounts were more stable in high wind conditions or if animals (possums)happened to grab the camera accidently. Also as you say it would be more difficult to steal the camera.

Chas K.

Thanks. Unfortunately the eaves on my house are quite low and within reach of a tallish person. Screw in plus the alarm should be good enough, though I guess they could still be paint sprayed to black out the camera.

Mr. Fix it

Hi Chas, in theory, the person who intends to spray paint the camera would be filmed before they get paint onto the lens. You will find there is a problem with the outdoor mounts, because even when they are fully tightened, the camera is not rigid enough to prevent it from changing it's angle downwards (ie. dropping down towards the ground to some extent). Cheers, John.

Dissapointed
Dissapointedasked

Hi guys, I need to install these cameras hanging from the ceiling,eves , can you tell me can they be mounted like that?

John

Yes certainly can; mine are mounted under the eves and work just fine.

Kazasked

how far away can the camera be from the hub

amsfromaus

When we tried to install this system we could only go about 3 metres, which made it virtually useless for us.

John

Not sure why, one of my cameras is about 15 Mtrs away with three walls in between and it is still showing almost full connection? You may need technical advice on this because this is unusual - my eufy camera system is brilliant all cameras are showing Almost full connection and I have them scattered on a 800sq block of land

Kaz

We're on 4025 sqm ...need cameras on 2 sheds 1 is 50m away, other 30m away ??

gary
garyasked

Can you add extra cameras if required

John

Yes I believe you can add up to 16 cameras to any of the eufy camera packages but I always suggest checking the spec of the one you wish to purchase

Bruce Gooding
Bruce Goodingasked

If my camera is not working can I replace it?

Linda E.
Linda E.

Justin V.
Justin V.asked

Does the base station have to stay plugged into internet or just wifi ?

amsfromaus

The base station has to be connected to your router/modem.

RMB
RMB

No it doesn't, can operate purely on WiFi

Other Wireless Surveillance Systems