Anker Eufy Wire-Free Security Kit

Anker Eufy Wire-Free Security Kit

Pros

• Easy to install and sync to devices

• Long lasting battery

• Great video and audio quality

• Quick video download

Cons

• Live viewing sometimes lags

• Night Vision
  • Motion Detection
  • Ease of Installation
  • Connectivity / Reliability
JAI

JAISydney, NSW

Beware, good cameras but very bad quality and customer service

Purchased in November 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $1,250.00.

unhappy customer

Loud screeching noise, bad customer support stay away

Brought this device twice now and once I connect the cameras it creates a loud
Deafening screeching noise from the cameras, I have no option but to call the us or uk as eufy has no contact in Australia, so really hard to contact them also, eventually got through to someone ask repeatedly for someone from there tech department to call me back via phone, sure enough no call the next day, but short email saying keep away 3 mtrs or more well I was 6 mtrs away and still happening, also cameras lag all the time, it didnt with uniden, and tech support is 24 7 support, really thinking of going back to uniden as they might have there small issues but eufy has a lot more at least through my experiences with two new purchases...

Purchased in February 2021 at goodguys for $320.00.

DanB

DanBSouth East Queensland, QLD

Unreliable Monitoring

Looks fantastic. Sets up easy. It seems to capture motion until and you think 'brilliant' until you test it thoroughly, then you realise it probably only captures movement 50% of the time, even when I am staring at the camera in close range. I bought this camera because idiots were painting and smearing things on my door and garage. My camera never caught them in the act even though it was positioned perfectly with no obstruction or reflections. It's not just my unit... My neighbour has the same model and it's motion detection is unreliable.

Purchased in February 2021 at Supercheap Auto for $379.00.

Wireless Surveillance Systems

Find out how Anker Eufy Wire-Free Security Kit compares to other Wireless Surveillance Systems

Condensation inside the camera

I bought the set and have one camera to the front and one two the back.
I got the cameras about half a year now. The battery life is about 2 months. I charged each side twice now so nowhere near the 6 months promised.
Additionally one of the cameras built condensation in the camera lense. I contacted Anker support and they told me that is expected and just dry it somewhere warm. An outdoor camera that you have to take inside to make it work?! This looks like low built quality to me.
I was ready to buy into the Eufy security world and extend the products I use but I am done with Eufy now.

Purchased in June 2020.

PaulGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Still waiting for the Eufy Verification code.

It may well be a good security camera system, I have no idea.

Bought the 2 camera Eufy Cam at Bunnings $600. Unpacked and charged the cameras then spent all weekend trying to register on the Eufy app.

Email and password required - no problem, Eufy then tells you it has sent a Verification back to your email address. I waited, nothing. 20 times nothing. I even checked my server. In fact they tell you they have your information no need to keep sending.

If you don't get the code to set the system up there is no system. I returned the box and got a refund.

I’m beginning to think these home security camera companies are pushing out so many models that the app and backroom data people are struggling to make the simplest of things work at all.

Purchased in December 2020 for $600.00.

Functionality
Ease of Installation

Warning: Eufy controls access to your Eufycam homebase

Warning: Eufycam controls access to the homebase you purchased to storage your video locally. They have you believe you control the video data at your home, but they require you to login to their access control over the Internet to access the data on your own storage device that you purchased. So if the Internet is down you cannot access your own videos. You can’t even remove the storage card and uses a card reader because they have a date encrypted so you can access it. You are at the complete mercy of Eugy to access your videos. If they don’t download or the crappy software stalls in the middle of downloading you can a longer download those videos

Purchased in June 2020.

bythecoast92

bythecoast92Perth, WA

Absolutely useless, look elsewhere

Bought these expensive cameras a few weeks ago. I was willing to overlook the fact they have a totally pathetic range in which they can be placed from the homebase (maximum about 6 meters) because of the wide lens and long battery life. Fast forward a couple of weeks and the wide lens and long battery life is all that works. The system is not reliable at all, it might send you a motion notification on some days but not others. I now cannot view any video recordings at all, either on my phone or on a PC, unless I open it from the push notification (which is totally bizarre). Vision at night has a range of about 1 meter. The customer service is appalling and don't actually respond. Totally disappointing. Will be returning.

Purchased in May 2020 at The Good Guys for $999.00.

Mr. Fix it

Mr. Fix itVictoria

Better than nothing, JUST !

Purchased in December 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $800.00.

See all Anker Eufy Wire-Free Security Kit reviews

annoyed

annoyedasked

what distance will the system work

unhappy customer

It's pretty bad eh , eufy maybe a bit better as well as no phone support in Australia or live chat as chat is based in us or uk, if you do get emails if lucky.. they are 24hrs apart, not really helpful in most situations,they should advertise this on book in Australia for Australiian market as it comes across as dishonest eg: false advertising hope this helps

Hummergirl

Hummergirlasked

We added 2 more cameras to our initial setup of 4 cameras.(Eufy 2Pro - 2K) I am the primary user. We use iPhones to receive alerts. All 6 cameras appear on my phone. How do I add the 2 additional cameras to his phone?

Mel Peatey

Mel Peateyasked

Is your phone the only way to see and hear the security alerts? What happens if you turn off your phone at night what the alerts would be most appropriate?

Paul

Yes I believe so. I never had the chance to see. I couldn't get the app to start up. I returned the system.

See all Anker Eufy Wire-Free Security Kit questions

Features:

• The Anker Eufy Wire-Free Security Kit boasts easy installation with no need for wires, power cables, wall outlets, or the need to drill holes, so you can start using it straight out the box.
  • The surveillance system has free local storage, meaning you don’t have to pay any monthly fees to access your video data.
  • 365 day battery life means you won’t spend your days recharging the kit.
  • 1080p high definition video makes it easy to see exactly who is in and around your home.
  • It’s waterproof (with an IP67 weatherproof rating), making it versatile for both indoor and outdoor use - effective rain, hail or shine.
  • Facial recognition, the ability to register your friends and family as trusted faces, and a 3-step scanning and filtering process reduces the occurrence of false alarms, so you’re not burdened with any unnecessary worry.
  • The camera has a 140 degree panoramic wide-angle lens, making it the all-seeing eye needed for ultimate home security.
  • The Anker Eufy Wire-Free Security Kit has clear night vision, protecting you when you’re at your most vulnerable.
  • It has bank-grade encryption - your data is securely encrypted so only you can access your video footage.
  • The security kit has smart integration, providing support for Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa, so you can know what’s going on wherever you are in your house.
  • The surveillance system costs $799 for a 2-camera set.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that the Anker Eufy Wire-Free Security Kit was easy to install and sync to their personal devices.
  • They found that it was quick and easy to download video footage from their cameras.
  • Reviewers said that the security kit had a great battery life.
  • The connectivity of the surveillance system was reliable, according to reviews.

Pain points:

• Some reviewers said that there was a bit of a lag when viewing live video.
  • GTIN12: 848061005769, 848061021714, 848061021721 and 848061054156