Easy to install and sync to devices
Long lasting battery
Great video and audio quality
Quick video download
Live viewing sometimes lags
Don't waste your money
Doesn't record half the stuff that happens always checking cameras to find out most of the action hasn't been recorded I people come into the house and leave and the camera doesn't even pick it up, just a big waste of money now I'm going to have to remove them and get a better camera system, can't be too surprised it is made in China and Chinese manufacturing quality is terrible.
Purchased at Officeworks Physical store for $799.00.
One camera in particular seems to work very intermittently. Will not record of a night. Also you cannot set length of recording. Half the time you will get a VERY short recording of an event, other times you will get 60 secs of nothing. Just seems to always have little niggling problems. Eufy does not have an australian number to call for help, they have a support email address that is utterly useless. I've emailed twice and had no response. Everything else about the system, set up, build etc is good but I seem to have constant cliches. If eufy want to sell in Australia they must provide local tech assistance. Would not buy again.
Purchased in April 2021 at JB Hi-Fi for $399.00.
Great cameras and user interface. easy to setup and configure. However the big issue is the motion detection. By the time it picks up motion, starts the camera and starts recording, they have already left the area. ( if you google this you will see it has been issues for a few years) Making it useless. If there was a way to use the camera image for movement instead of the motion sensor then it would be great kit. but as it stands you will not get any usable recordings to show an issues.
Find out how Anker Eufy Wire-Free Security Kit compares to other Wireless Surveillance Systems
Know better, choose better.
Unfortunately doesn't live up to the hype !
I have had my Eufy 2c four camera system for two weeks and have had nothing but issues. Very easy to set up and the picture quality is great, but that's about all that is good. It's very glitchy as the majority of the time it won't detect motions or send notifications. You have to continually change the settings to try and get the best out of it, which in itself is very frustrating. So disappointed as I researched long and hard to find a wireless system within my budget. There are plenty of similar complaints lately on the Eufy App community forum. Anyway these will be returned unfortunately.
Purchased in June 2020 at Bing Lee Physical store for $665.00.
Only good if you are on wifi.
This review is also reflective of JB HIFI who basically blamed Optus and really didn’t make me feel like I could return the faulty product. I purchased this camera as it has a lot of good reviews and is considered better than the Arlo products on top of a claimed 12 month battery life and no on going subscription required for storage.
Now the problem I have is that I can not view either live or alert notified video feeds whilst away from my home wifi network. So this makes this thing as good as useless.
To rule out JB HIFI’s Optus network blaming I bought a Telstra SIM card and tried it. Same result.
So now I have to work out who I can escalate this to at JB HIFI so I can get another product or my money back.
Purchased in February 2020 for $399.00.
Easy to set up but useless range
This system is easy to set up, asnd if it worked would be excellent value for money. My issue is with the range of the wireless reception. Nowhere on the youtube videos or instructions supplied did it provide information on the wireless sending range. We had the homebase set up and mobile phone hooked up within minutes. Then we went to our closest location for our first camera install. This was around 8 metres away and through 2 besser block walls. No signal. System tells us to move closer to the homebase until we get a "great" signal. This occ...urred at around the 4 metre mark, and was next to the window of the room housing the homebase. Went up the other side of the house towards installation point 2 and the signal dropped out again around the 4 metre mark. Started looking on line for a wifi extender solution and discovered a myriad of issues relating to this exact situation. Due the low bandwidth of this system, you can't use just any extender, and EUFY have yet to produce one. Do your research carefully when considering this product. Unless you have a small house built of timber or glass it probably isn't a viable security option. Very disappointed.
Purchased in October 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Online Store for $1,298.00.
Questions & Answers
what distance will the system work
It's pretty bad eh , eufy maybe a bit better as well as no phone support in Australia or live chat as chat is based in us or uk, if you do get emails if lucky.. they are 24hrs apart, not really helpful in most situations,they should advertise this on book in Australia for Australiian market as it comes across as dishonest eg: false advertising hope this helps
We added 2 more cameras to our initial setup of 4 cameras.(Eufy 2Pro - 2K) I am the primary user. We use iPhones to receive alerts. All 6 cameras appear on my phone. How do I add the 2 additional cameras to his phone?
Is your phone the only way to see and hear the security alerts? What happens if you turn off your phone at night what the alerts would be most appropriate?
Yes I believe so. I never had the chance to see. I couldn't get the app to start up. I returned the system.
Get an answer from our members
- The Anker Eufy Wire-Free Security Kit boasts easy installation with no need for wires, power cables, wall outlets, or the need to drill holes, so you can start using it straight out the box.
- The surveillance system has free local storage, meaning you don’t have to pay any monthly fees to access your video data.
- 365 day battery life means you won’t spend your days recharging the kit.
- 1080p high definition video makes it easy to see exactly who is in and around your home.
- It’s waterproof (with an IP67 weatherproof rating), making it versatile for both indoor and outdoor use - effective rain, hail or shine.
- Facial recognition, the ability to register your friends and family as trusted faces, and a 3-step scanning and filtering process reduces the occurrence of false alarms, so you’re not burdened with any unnecessary worry.
- The camera has a 140 degree panoramic wide-angle lens, making it the all-seeing eye needed for ultimate home security.
- The Anker Eufy Wire-Free Security Kit has clear night vision, protecting you when you’re at your most vulnerable.
- It has bank-grade encryption - your data is securely encrypted so only you can access your video footage.
- The security kit has smart integration, providing support for Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa, so you can know what’s going on wherever you are in your house.
- The surveillance system costs $799 for a 2-camera set.
Points of praise:
- Most reviewers found that the Anker Eufy Wire-Free Security Kit was easy to install and sync to their personal devices.
- They found that it was quick and easy to download video footage from their cameras.
- Reviewers said that the security kit had a great battery life.
- The connectivity of the surveillance system was reliable, according to reviews.
- Some reviewers said that there was a bit of a lag when viewing live video.
- GTIN12: 848061005769, 848061021714, 848061021721 and 848061054156
Other Wireless Surveillance Systems
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.