Easy to install and sync to devices
Long lasting battery
Great video and audio quality
Quick video download
Live viewing sometimes lags
The Worst Customer Service Ever
Purchased a 4 camera system 2 months ago, had a minor issue with set up not connecting, geofencing works randomly, does not record detections at times, and one camera doesn’t show anything at night other than blackness. On all four occasions I have contacted Anker support and all four occasions they just fob you off with the worst crappy email reply and always tell you they cannot help and go back to the retailer. I would have to say 100% find an alternative product where the customer service will actually back the product the company makes, re...st assured this team simply does not and I regret the purchase for $700 because nobody within the company can actually give me any idea of what the issues might be. I ended finding a company that will take a look at it for me but cannot do the work under warranty for me as they are not an affiliate with Eufy, but they do offer advice and service something Eufy refuse to do.
Purchased in June 2020 at JB Hi-Fi for $700.00.
Note that the HomeBase needs an ethernet cable to the router, not wifi.
The product does work as specified. I misunderstood the fine print on the box, and thought the HomeBase unit was also ‘wireless’. Not so. The HomeBase unit requires a full time ethernet cable connection to the internet. I wrongly expected it would work over wifi. My bad.
Otherwise it works fine as advertised.
Purchased in July 2020 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $799.00.
Innovative, Software needs refinement
Basically the system is a wireless security camera available in a set with a dedicated HomeBase unit and 2, 3, or 4 cameras. Extra cameras should be available but not in Australia yet.
The cameras record only when they detect movement, e.g. people, within their operations range. The sensitivity of the movement detection can be varied to minimise false alarms, such as from vehicles moving in the street.
The resulting, short, video files are stored on a SD card (supplied) in the HomeBase unit. Eufy also offer a paid cloud storage option,...but I am not sure if this is available yet, as there appears to be no option in the app to set it up. Camera Installation The company promotes the ability to install the cameras without the need to drill holes in walls, etc. using a "magnetic mount". However, the functionality of the magnetic mount, which is built into the base of the actual camera, is severely less than promised, as no angle adjustment is possible. When mounting the camera directly to a metal (steel) surface, the camera position is fixed perpendicular to the surface, and the camera can't be adjusted up or down or side to side for optimum viewing angle.
Find out how Anker Eufy Wire-Free Security Kit compares to other Wireless Surveillance Systems
Know better, choose better.
Questions & Answers
what distance will the system work
It's pretty bad eh , eufy maybe a bit better as well as no phone support in Australia or live chat as chat is based in us or uk, if you do get emails if lucky.. they are 24hrs apart, not really helpful in most situations,they should advertise this on book in Australia for Australiian market as it comes across as dishonest eg: false advertising hope this helps
We added 2 more cameras to our initial setup of 4 cameras.(Eufy 2Pro - 2K) I am the primary user. We use iPhones to receive alerts. All 6 cameras appear on my phone. How do I add the 2 additional cameras to his phone?
Is your phone the only way to see and hear the security alerts? What happens if you turn off your phone at night what the alerts would be most appropriate?
Yes I believe so. I never had the chance to see. I couldn't get the app to start up. I returned the system.
Get an answer from our members
- The Anker Eufy Wire-Free Security Kit boasts easy installation with no need for wires, power cables, wall outlets, or the need to drill holes, so you can start using it straight out the box.
- The surveillance system has free local storage, meaning you don’t have to pay any monthly fees to access your video data.
- 365 day battery life means you won’t spend your days recharging the kit.
- 1080p high definition video makes it easy to see exactly who is in and around your home.
- It’s waterproof (with an IP67 weatherproof rating), making it versatile for both indoor and outdoor use - effective rain, hail or shine.
- Facial recognition, the ability to register your friends and family as trusted faces, and a 3-step scanning and filtering process reduces the occurrence of false alarms, so you’re not burdened with any unnecessary worry.
- The camera has a 140 degree panoramic wide-angle lens, making it the all-seeing eye needed for ultimate home security.
- The Anker Eufy Wire-Free Security Kit has clear night vision, protecting you when you’re at your most vulnerable.
- It has bank-grade encryption - your data is securely encrypted so only you can access your video footage.
- The security kit has smart integration, providing support for Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa, so you can know what’s going on wherever you are in your house.
- The surveillance system costs $799 for a 2-camera set.
Points of praise:
- Most reviewers found that the Anker Eufy Wire-Free Security Kit was easy to install and sync to their personal devices.
- They found that it was quick and easy to download video footage from their cameras.
- Reviewers said that the security kit had a great battery life.
- The connectivity of the surveillance system was reliable, according to reviews.
- Some reviewers said that there was a bit of a lag when viewing live video.
- GTIN12: 848061005769, 848061021714, 848061021721 and 848061054156
Other Wireless Surveillance Systems
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.