Anker Eufy Wire-Free Security Kit

Anker Eufy Wire-Free Security Kit

See the Best Wireless Surveillance Systems in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Anker? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Pros

• Easy to install and sync to devices

• Long lasting battery

• Great video and audio quality

• Quick video download

Cons

• Live viewing sometimes lags

• Night Vision
  • Motion Detection
  • Ease of Installation
  • Connectivity / Reliability
vickiflynn
vickiflynnMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Shockingly bad product

Purchased in April 2021 at JB Hi-Fi for $399.00.

Ryza
RyzaPerth, WA

Great product amazing

Great security system! Works amazingly. Very clear. Their product support is top notch. The APP is easy to use and set up and gives me great surveillance for my place. I honestly can't recommend them enough.

Purchased in January 2021 for $400.00.

JAI
JAISydney, NSW

Beware, good cameras but very bad quality and customer service

Purchased in November 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $1,250.00.

Wireless Surveillance Systems

Find out how Anker Eufy Wire-Free Security Kit compares to other Wireless Surveillance Systems

unhappy customer
unhappy customer

Loud screeching noise, bad customer support stay away

Brought this device twice now and once I connect the cameras it creates a loud
Deafening screeching noise from the cameras, I have no option but to call the us or uk as eufy has no contact in Australia, so really hard to contact them also, eventually got through to someone ask repeatedly for someone from there tech department to call me back via phone, sure enough no call the next day, but short email saying keep away 3 mtrs or more well I was 6 mtrs away and still happening, also cameras lag all the time, it didnt with uniden, and tech support is 24 7 support, really thinking of going back to uniden as they might have there small issues but eufy has a lot more at least through my experiences with two new purchases...

Purchased in February 2021 at goodguys for $320.00.

DanB
DanBSouth East Queensland, QLD

Unreliable Monitoring

Looks fantastic. Sets up easy. It seems to capture motion until and you think 'brilliant' until you test it thoroughly, then you realise it probably only captures movement 50% of the time, even when I am staring at the camera in close range. I bought this camera because idiots were painting and smearing things on my door and garage. My camera never caught them in the act even though it was positioned perfectly with no obstruction or reflections. It's not just my unit... My neighbour has the same model and it's motion detection is unreliable.

Purchased in February 2021 at Supercheap Auto for $379.00.

Condensation inside the camera

I bought the set and have one camera to the front and one two the back.
I got the cameras about half a year now. The battery life is about 2 months. I charged each side twice now so nowhere near the 6 months promised.
Additionally one of the cameras built condensation in the camera lense. I contacted Anker support and they told me that is expected and just dry it somewhere warm. An outdoor camera that you have to take inside to make it work?! This looks like low built quality to me.
I was ready to buy into the Eufy security world and extend the products I use but I am done with Eufy now.

Purchased in June 2020.

Paul
PaulGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Still waiting for the Eufy Verification code.

It may well be a good security camera system, I have no idea.

Bought the 2 camera Eufy Cam at Bunnings $600. Unpacked and charged the cameras then spent all weekend trying to register on the Eufy app.

Email and password required - no problem, Eufy then tells you it has sent a Verification back to your email address. I waited, nothing. 20 times nothing. I even checked my server. In fact they tell you they have your information no need to keep sending.

If you don't get the code to set the system up there is no system. I returned the box and got a refund.

I’m beginning to think these home security camera companies are pushing out so many models that the app and backroom data people are struggling to make the simplest of things work at all.

Purchased in December 2020 for $600.00.

Functionality
Ease of Installation
mick
mickMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

yes they very good

my partner and I just changed to a new internet and phone provider and now ring cameras don't work at all , but the Eufy one works perfectly with our new provider , plus supoport service is tottaly crap for Australian people it is none existent in Australia

Mick
Adelaide

Purchased in January 2017 for $398.00.

mark
markSydney, NSW

one of the best security cam

one of the best in the market for this range of the price ,good image quality battery life is very good ,I have it for more than a year and so far no problem

Purchased in November 2019 at The Good Guys for $500.00.

Paul G.
Paul G.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

The Perfect Home Security Solution - Faultless

I have the 2c system. Setting this up was a breeze, the 2 mounting options are very easy to use and the quality is great. The clarity of the audio is crystal clear both ways, compatibility with a number of devices in the house with a great picture as well as a high level of reliability in the connectivity & the 365 day battery life are all amazing. Internal storage means no expensive cloud storage options (and no subsequent hidden fees) which means for my application at home, it is the perfect solution. Highly recommend!

Purchased in July 2020 for $649.00.

Warning: Eufy controls access to your Eufycam homebase

Warning: Eufycam controls access to the homebase you purchased to storage your video locally. They have you believe you control the video data at your home, but they require you to login to their access control over the Internet to access the data on your own storage device that you purchased. So if the Internet is down you cannot access your own videos. You can’t even remove the storage card and uses a card reader because they have a date encrypted so you can access it. You are at the complete mercy of Eugy to access your videos. If they don’t download or the crappy software stalls in the middle of downloading you can a longer download those videos

Purchased in June 2020.

bythecoast92
bythecoast92Perth, WA

Absolutely useless, look elsewhere

Bought these expensive cameras a few weeks ago. I was willing to overlook the fact they have a totally pathetic range in which they can be placed from the homebase (maximum about 6 meters) because of the wide lens and long battery life. Fast forward a couple of weeks and the wide lens and long battery life is all that works. The system is not reliable at all, it might send you a motion notification on some days but not others. I now cannot view any video recordings at all, either on my phone or on a PC, unless I open it from the push notification (which is totally bizarre). Vision at night has a range of about 1 meter. The customer service is appalling and don't actually respond. Totally disappointing. Will be returning.

Purchased in May 2020 at The Good Guys for $999.00.

Louie
LouieVictoria

GREAT PRODUCT

Great product, quality footage day and night, with long lasting batteries. We love being able to check on our home whilst away via our mobile phones. Highly recommend if you have a good internet connection.

Purchased in January 2020 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $1,100.00.

andrew k.
andrew k.Wide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Excellent security system

Purchased in December 2019.Have 4 cameras set up on a rural property with the one furtherest away being 20 metres from the base....all connect seamlessly through WiFi. Excellent battery life considering a couple of the cameras record movement up to 25 times per day and are still full 2.5 months later. Excellent picture recording quality with both day and night vision. If installed as per instructions these cameras are bullet proof. Would recommend these cameras to every one .Great product

Purchased in December 2019 for $1,030.00.

Mr. Fix it
Mr. Fix itVictoria

Better than nothing, JUST !

Purchased in December 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $800.00.

Andrew M
Andrew Masked

Do the Anker Eufy cameras allow us to be logged in from two different phones or from a phone and a Mac/PC at the same time? The Arlo cameras allow only one login at a time (e.g. if you are monitoring a security incident from a PC and then want to switch to a phone, the PC is logged out), which is a huge limitation and frustration. We are wondering if the Anker solves that problem.

Andrew M
Andrew Masked

If Anker Eufy cameras store data locally (presumably on a chip in the back of the base station), how do we view the stored images when we are away from the house (e.g. interstate)?

Currently we use Arlo cameras for the holiday house, and we can view the entire library of saved images from an iPhone, because that library is stored in the cloud (on Arlo's servers). However, we are unhappy with the Arlos for other reasons, so we are considering the Eufy for our home.

kim k.
kim k.asked

Both my camera's set off a alarm when something sets them off. I do I turn the the alarm off?

See all Anker Eufy Wire-Free Security Kit questions

Features:

• The Anker Eufy Wire-Free Security Kit boasts easy installation with no need for wires, power cables, wall outlets, or the need to drill holes, so you can start using it straight out the box.
  • The surveillance system has free local storage, meaning you don’t have to pay any monthly fees to access your video data.
  • 365 day battery life means you won’t spend your days recharging the kit.
  • 1080p high definition video makes it easy to see exactly who is in and around your home.
  • It’s waterproof (with an IP67 weatherproof rating), making it versatile for both indoor and outdoor use - effective rain, hail or shine.
  • Facial recognition, the ability to register your friends and family as trusted faces, and a 3-step scanning and filtering process reduces the occurrence of false alarms, so you’re not burdened with any unnecessary worry.
  • The camera has a 140 degree panoramic wide-angle lens, making it the all-seeing eye needed for ultimate home security.
  • The Anker Eufy Wire-Free Security Kit has clear night vision, protecting you when you’re at your most vulnerable.
  • It has bank-grade encryption - your data is securely encrypted so only you can access your video footage.
  • The security kit has smart integration, providing support for Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa, so you can know what’s going on wherever you are in your house.
  • The surveillance system costs $799 for a 2-camera set.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that the Anker Eufy Wire-Free Security Kit was easy to install and sync to their personal devices.
  • They found that it was quick and easy to download video footage from their cameras.
  • Reviewers said that the security kit had a great battery life.
  • The connectivity of the surveillance system was reliable, according to reviews.

Pain points:

• Some reviewers said that there was a bit of a lag when viewing live video.
  • GTIN12: 848061005769, 848061021714, 848061021721 and 848061054156