ANZ Branches

ANZ Branches (page 2 of 5)

See the Best Banks in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for ANZ? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

R.S.R
R.S.RPerth, WA

Branch Service was excellent when closing account

I recently moved my loan from ANZ to Westpac. Better rate as ANZ would not reduce rate until after I signed up with Westpac. Went to close all my savings and CC accounts with ANZ and was impressed by the St. Georges Terrace Branch service. Helped me find best way to transfer my offset balance to Westpac and even rang me up to inform me that my Breakfree package had been cancelled as requested. Thought as a customer leaving ANZ, I would get 'lesser' service but service was impressive. Too bad I had to go through all the work to change banks. If only ANZ offered me a better rate when I asked them instead of belatedly using retention team to keep me as a customer.

Ms AJ
Ms AJSydney, NSW

Closing down of Branches

Very sad how ANZ has closed down many of their local branches .
Not all customers can do their banking online.
What about the poor elderly???
I am appaulled, this is all about cost cutting.
We should be creating jobs ,not taking them away.
Very sad and not happy.

Seriously unprofessional bank

Stay away unless you want to jump into a financial roller coaster with ANZ.
They offer extremely low protection to the consumer.
Call centres presumably located overseas can't do much to help you.

Gary
Garylake illawarra

Poor service!

Three branches closed in our area and only one branch with one ATM left to service thousand's of people.
Went there today and the tellers all closed and the ATM was mal functioning and long line of people. Asked why the tellers were closed and the staff rep said he "didn't know why" Even the staff are in the dark.
Time to change banks and would not recommend to others! :(

Brad
BradSouth East Queensland, QLD

Waste of time

I just tried to close my ANZ Credit Card account, over the phone. I waited on hold for 20 minutes, then a person told me she couldn't access my account, and I'd have to go into a branch to close my account. The balance is $0, it's completely paid up.

Here's where it makes my life hell.. there are literally only 10 branches in or anywhere surrounding the Sydney CBD. NONE of them are open weekends. NONE of them are anywhere near me!! This bank is a complete joke. I can't even remember the last time I had to go into a branch at any of my banks.

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Emma
EmmaPerth, WA

Wasting my time at ANZ Armadale Branch

I come early this morning before 9.30 am for help on my bank account problem. I waited outside for about 15 minutes until the door open. I was greeted by a young lady CS staff and asked of my problem. After I explain the problem she suggested me to sort out my own problem via internet banking. I asked her if she could help sort it out with her PC, she said I should do it myself. To be able to help me
there must be an appointment made before. So I came from home expecting to be helped just to be sent home helping myself. I have wasted 1 hour of my time to go to the bank without any solution. Please train your young CS staff not to so that to walk-in customer.

TopicGeneral Transactions
Fabiana Uteda
Fabiana UtedaGoulburn Valley, VIC

Completely useless and don't care about customers.

ROYALwithCHEESE
ROYALwithCHEESESouth Australia

Closed most branches near me

How much money for shareholders is enough? Most of the branches in my area have closed and while I can do use online banking, it helps to have a branch when there’s issues with that service.
Poor form.

Annon
AnnonMid West, WA

Horrible customer service

I have been very disappointed in the service I have received the last 3 times I have entered the Geraldton branch. Completely rude every time and unhelpful every time. I was spoken to like I was stupid. Was then told they didn't have time as they were short staff and the third time was told to sit and wait for a form as we were not important enough to be served when we got to the counter as there were other people waiting. We were then forgotten about and we left again with no service. The service we received has been that bad we have decided to change banks.

GDSA
GDSAGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worst customer service ever. Extremely slow

Visited a branch for a standard ID check and after waiting for 20 minutes was advised to bring alternate ID proof and revisit.

Revisited and this guy sat on his computer doing some typing like he was in kindergarten, one finger at a time. He got up and disappeared for 20 minutes, leaving me sitting there waiting.

Never again ANZ, never again... I will never every have an ANZ anything

Sue
SueMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Terrible service

I was a customer for over 20 years.
I relocated to the US and let me tell you dealing with ANZ from an international location was a total nightmare; I would spend over $100 on calls every time I had to talk to them about my account - their staff would bounce me between departments, cut off my calls and had no idea where to send me on most occasions.
Tip. Close all accounts from within Australia, before leaving the country. They also contacted me 2 years after I closed account because they overcharged me on 2 accounts but also wanted my tax information. No ANZ. Just no.

Greg F.
Greg F.Sydney, NSW

Worst bank you'll ever experience

Been with them for 2 years, horrible customer support, they change their benefits and block you from accessing services whenever they feel like it. As a result I cancelled my card, no communication from them, only lost access to card, online and also the reward points I had already accumulated over the past 2 years.

couturelover
coutureloverAU

Majority Of Branches Shut Down & A Lack Of Smart Atm's

The bank is utterly shambolic & should be embarrassed. They've shut down nearly all branches & there is a total lack of ATM's that allow customers to deposit cash. The only smart ATM's that exist are in busy shopping centres where parking is scarce. Meanwhile other banks such as Commonwealth have plenty of smart type ATM's everywhere. I have been left with no option but to change banks.

TopicATM Experience, Business Banking and General Transactions
Samaneh P.
Samaneh P.Perth, WA

Home loan misinformation

If I could I allocate 0 rate for them, they wasted my time three times. They calculated home loan after 45 minutes questions in two different appointments and last time when I went for pre approval again 45 minutes questions at the end I was told because I'm permanent resident not citizen they will borrow me much less than they've confirmed before, I'm wandering why their manager didn't say any thing to me in my second appointment and why they ask such an important question at the end instead of the first before wasting my time. Was a terrible experience with them and pretty sure if I go to another branch they will tell me something else. How can we trust this Bank?

Neeta
NeetaPerth, WA

I've had enough!!!!

Been a customer for nearly 20 yrs. No complaints about loans and such but personal service is as bad as it gets now. waiting 7-10 to deposit due to not using ATM. I will be changing next year.

Mikey
MikeyPerth, WA

Unbelievably bad service at ANZ HO in Perth

Just went into ANZ Head office in Perth to do a bank transfer (the transfer was too large for internet banking). I was advised that I have to make an appointment and the next available was in 2 days time. That’s at their WA Head Office.

2 days to setup an appointment to complete a 5 minute interbank trf between ANZ and Westpac!

There were 4 employees within eyesight, not a single customer on the floor and no one could help me without an appointment despite no customers in the bank at that time.

In the end the staff made an appointment for me at one of their suburban branches and I had to drive out there to complete the transfer.

Customer service must be the absolute lowest priority for ANZ.

Viva
VivaSydney, NSW

A bank that listens

Stephen Hinder
Stephen HinderMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Never struck a staff member like this before..

Jade Hake
Jade HakeGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

my blood pressure is through the roof

Been an entire year and no ANZ branch can help me with my debit card. This is the third time I have to take a day off school for this.

Nicole P.
Nicole P.Perth, WA

Not even worth your time

I've been with Commbank for years, and so I can honestly tell you that ANZ is one of the worst banks in the world. They have the worst customer service, the highest amount of bugs on their website and software, and huge wait times. There is literally no reason to go with them. Please don't

p.t
p.tsydney

GONER

Another branch closed Earlwood the deadbeats even took the teller machine out of the wall must be cost cutting to pay fines for ripping customers off why do you put the customer last?

John Woods
John WoodsSouth East Queensland, QLD

BANKS BROKEN PROMISES

Promised and told many times the ASPLEY HYPERMARKET branch would reopen in a couple of weeks as it was temporarily closed to phone and assist customers affected by Covid 19. Never did reopen and the Bank closed permanently. Even took the ATM which was used extensively. Quite disgusting for a branch that had ques out the door.

Dees
DeesGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Home loan application

Nirav Shah
Nirav ShahSydney, NSW

What a disaster to deal with ANZ

I had sold the property recently and finalise the account with ANZ and after settlement they giving horrible time to close my own account. Will never deal with this bank.

Most stressful bank I have dealt with...

I am no longer with the ANZ,I haven't been with then since 2017,,although it took me almost a year to sever any ties with them.Worst bank ever and some very stressful times and lots of time wasting ,I tell me friends to steer clear of them...

Mark
Markasked
Branches

Malaga use to be a great branch then a new manager arrived early 2021. Promised me everything and then has never contacted me again even though I have written back many times. I wanted new intertest rates on all my loans obviously this was going to cost them. I have made a complaint to their External Dispute Resolution Team | Customer Resolution Portfolio person and he told me to trust him! I have tried calling and emailed and still hasn't got back to me for over 6 weeks. I have paid 100s of thousands of interest to ANZ over 25 years and am disappointed by their lack of common decency let alone customer service. What can I do to get some answers? Thanks.

maddiesmum
maddiesmumasked
Branches

1/ Just wondering why your staff are so rude incompetent and unprofessional?
2/ Why does your bank use an offshore centre ( India ) to process loan / credit applications?
3/ What type of customers are you wanting to attract if you shun small business loan applicants, pensioners, people wanting to open new accounts, customers wanting to extend mortgages and purchase investment properties?
4/ When are you going to close your branch in Noosa?, because this community doesnt like your attitude or want you there.

sammy
sammy

ask the bank. how do you expect the public to know. this is a public review forum for the benefit of the public reviewing products & services its NOT the ANZ bank

micheal
micheal

I dont why know you be asking that question here for have you thought about actually contacting the bank

ben dover