See the Best Car Insurance in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for ANZ? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

1.1
  • Claim Resolution Time
    • 2-4 weeks (1)
    • 1-2 months (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (2) · No (0)
My opinion matters.Brisbane

Don't accept NO if your insurer initially declines your claim.

Vish
VishGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Be aware of ANZ car insurance.

Insurance TypeThird Party, Fire and Theft

Other Car Insurance

Brad
Brad

Beware - they direct debit your credit card to renew your policy without warning

Received a renewal notice and despite having no claims, my premium went up from $1400 to $1800. I shopped around and got a better deal. Nowhere on the renewal notice does it state that they will direct debit my Visa card 'automatically'. Now I have to ring them and remove the credit card authorisation of funds I had earmarked for other purposes, having already paid for a premium with another insurer. Very inconvenient and dodgy, and I'm not even going to start on the unjustified premium increase.

Insurance TypeComprehensive
Car Insurance

Find out how ANZ Car Insurance compares to other Car Insurance

The worst car insurance for now

Jacqui
JacquiPort Macquarie

Car Insurance renewal went up $160.19 more

Third year with ANZ car insurance. Lady Pensioner: Haven't had a claim ever. Surprised that my insurance increased an extra $160.19 for the coming year. Value went down excess went up. Hardly use the car. less that 5000 ks a year. Always garaged no one else drives the car. Don't know what their service is like as I have never had to use it. You would think they would value a customer like me. So what is a girl to do go to another insurer that values their customers. Oh and I will search the reviews

Insurance claim madeNo

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019

LeeMaroochydore

Disgusted

Insurance claim madeYes

Car insurance

I had an accident with someone 3 weeks ago. That person has anz insurance. He gave me claim number. Every thing done from my side. I spoke to guy from customer care. He told me that anz company was waiting untill another car will be assessed. If another person is not assessed his car untill next two month then i have to wait for 2 month. I have to take taxi or borrow car from my friend and they are not ready to pay taxi rent.

Joicee G.
Joicee G.asked
Car Insurance

How can I renew my car insurance online

My opinion matters.

My experience was it was better to go to a branch in my instance.

ANZ Car Insurance

Compare all 3 ANZ Car Insurance
CategoryCar InsuranceCar InsuranceCar Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Home and Contents, Income, Landlord and LifeHome and Contents, Income, Landlord and LifeHome and Contents, Income, Landlord and Life
Coverage TypeThird Party Property DamageThird Party, Fire and TheftComprehensive
UnderwriterQBEQBEQBE
Reduced or Zero Excess Windscreen CoverZero Excess Optional ExtraZero Excess Optional ExtraZero Excess Included
Choice of RepairerAllowedAllowedAllowed
After Accident Care
Hire Car after an Incident

Up to $75 per day for 14 days for Not At Fault accidents only

Up to $75 per day for 14 days for incidences of theft only

Up to $75 per day for 14 days

Emergency Transport & AccommodationNot IncludedNot IncludedIf more than 150km from home, then transport home or one night accommodation.
Towing Costs Not IncludedAvailable if you're making a claim for an uninsured motorist.Included
Hire Car after a No Fault Accident

Included up to $75 a day for 14 days

Included up to $75 a day for 14 days

Essential / Emergency RepairsNot IncludedNot IncludedIncluded up to $500
Benefits
Pay As You Drive / Fixed Kilometre DiscountNot OfferedNot OfferedNot Offered
Hire Car after Theft

Lock and Key ReplacementNot IncludedIncluded up to $1,000Included up to $1,000
Transit Cover Not IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Trailer & Caravan CoverNot IncludedNot IncludedIncluded up to $1,000
Child Safety Seats and PramsNot IncludedNot IncludedReplacements costs included
New-for-old Car Replacement

Earlier of 2 years or 30,000km

Personal Property CoverNot IncludedNot IncludedIncluded up to $500
Uninsured Motorist Benefit Included up to $5,000Included up to $5,000Not Applicable
Accidental Loss or Damage