ANZ Car Insurance

See the Best Car Insurance in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Beware - they direct debit your credit card to renew your policy without warning

Received a renewal notice and despite having no claims, my premium went up from $1400 to $1800. I shopped around and got a better deal. Nowhere on the renewal notice does it state that they will direct debit my Visa card 'automatically'. Now I have to ring them and remove the credit card authorisation of funds I had earmarked for other purposes, having already paid for a premium with another insurer. Very inconvenient and dodgy, and I'm not even going to start on the unjustified premium increase.

Insurance TypeComprehensive
Plan covers drivers under 25Yes
Car ModelBMW 3 Series
Claim MadeNo

The worst car insurance for now

I've had accident but not my fault and done claim tru anz, they took the car quickly and was sitting for 2-3 weeks in the panel shop.The car had engine and gear box light ON after the accident, and panel shop decided that the car is total lost but the assessor didn't won't to sign for total lost because passats are famous for failing gearbox's.
They blame me that I was driving the car with the gearbox like that for months. I've sent them report from vw with diagnostic that the car was in working condition 12 months before the accident but they didn't accepted.
The car was insured for 10k but the assessor said $4500 take it or leave it, and you can wreck the car. When they return the car , the battery was flat and I charge it, the car start and make 3 beeping sound and the motor stop and didn't want to start anymore.on the dash was "Engine fault see work shop".
Now the car is for wrecking
Never again with them

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateFebruary 2019
Claim ApprovedYes

Car Insurance renewal went up $160.19 more

Third year with ANZ car insurance. Lady Pensioner: Haven't had a claim ever. Surprised that my insurance increased an extra $160.19 for the coming year. Value went down excess went up. Hardly use the car. less that 5000 ks a year. Always garaged no one else drives the car. Don't know what their service is like as I have never had to use it. You would think they would value a customer like me. So what is a girl to do go to another insurer that values their customers. Oh and I will search the reviews

Insurance claim madeNo

Disgusted

I had an accident 21st October. They took 2 weeks to decide to write the car off (2nd November they called to advise) and I did not receive a letter of 13th November.offer (market value). When the assessor called he reported the value of my mag wheels to be the same as the original cars so no additional value was factored. I have them listed as an additional $1900 value and have paid an additional premium to do so. Obviously I rejected their offer (made over 3 weeks after my accident and was advised to expect a while for them to do paperwork and organised should I accept before i would receive payment). I was then told I had to wait another 15 working days for them to review the "complaint". Absolutely disgusting having to wait this long - was way too long before value even provided!! Other insurance companies significantly quicker. Now looking to lodge a complaint with the ombudsman. I would NEVER recommend!!!

Insurance claim madeYes

Car insurance

I had an accident with someone 3 weeks ago. That person has anz insurance. He gave me claim number. Every thing done from my side. I spoke to guy from customer care. He told me that anz company was waiting untill another car will be assessed. If another person is not assessed his car untill next two month then i have to wait for 2 month. I have to take taxi or borrow car from my friend and they are not ready to pay taxi rent.