ANZ First

ANZ First (page 2 of 2)

Pros

• Low $30 Annual Fee

• 0% p.a. on Balance Transfers for 18 months

• Low minimum credit limit of $1,000

• Up to 3 additional cardholders at no additional cost

Cons

• 2% Balance Transfer Fee

• 3% Foreign Transaction Fee

This ANZ credit card is a simple, everyday credit card with an annual account fee of only $30.

With a standard interest rate of 20.24% p.a and no attached rewards or frequent flyer program, this is really a no-frills everyday credit card ideal for low-income earners or first time credit card holders. It does offer complimentary Purchase Security Insurance and Extended Warranty Insurance for eligible purchases, but if you're looking to earn points or a lower interest rate, you're better off looking elsewhere.

CategoryBalance Transfer Credit Cards
Card TypeVisa
Minimum Credit Limit $1,000
Minimum Income $15,000
Additional Cardholders 3
Additional Cardholder Fee $0 p.a.
Minimum Repayments2%
Rewards ProgramANZ Rewards
Contactless PaymentsApple Pay, Fitbit Pay, Garmin Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay
Rates & Fees
Purchase Rate20.24% p.a.
Cash Advance Fee2%
Late Payment Fee$20
Annual Fee$30 p.a.
Foreign Transaction Fee 3%
Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee$4
Interest Free Period 55 days
Cash Advance Rate20.24% p.a.
Balance Transfer Rates
Balance Transfer Period 18 months
Balance Transfer Rate 0% p.a.
Balance Transfer Fee 2%

drifandWA, 6112

OK

andre9367

andre9367

I have found ANZ telephone customer service outstanding. I once accidentally missed the repayment. (I always try and repay the full balance by the due date.) and they waived all the interest accumulated for that month when I mentioned I was changing cards soon. So I stayed with them AND got my other card too, which I only got to take advantage of a 6mth interest free for transfers offer.
Chip seems to work better with some train-ticketing machines in Germany.Added security, purchase insurance and extended warranty comes in VERY handy.Low annual fee.
only 44 days interest free instead of 55 offered by some cards

MelbourneDan

MelbourneDanAU

Balance Transfer Credit Cards

Find out how ANZ First compares to other Balance Transfer Credit Cards

Good

Be sure you know how you are going to use the credit card. If you know you are going to pay interest on purchases, maybe you should shop arround for better options. If it suits your needs, it is a good option. Statements arive on time, with little problem and they have the "falcon" to protect againt fraude.
I only use the credit card for purchases that I am sure I will pay completely in the next statement. It gives me 55 days of interest free. I also like the chip security and it works well oversears. I had some trouble with ohter credit cards overseas.
It is not the best option if you are planning not to pay for your purchases completely. There are better options out there with lower interest rates.

treeza_green

treeza_green

Good

I use this card for all my daily shopping needs as visa is accepted almost everywhere.It is also handy to use overseas as it is quite secure with the chip.
good reward points for a reasonable annual fee
Need to pay an annual fee to stop your card from overdrafting

chelle0901

chelle0901VIC, 3400

Good

A very reliable credit card. Middle of the road interest rates with the advantage of no annual fee as its attached to my regular savings account. Great security overseas with the chip but not yet an advantage in Australia.
Flexibility, chip security, 55 free days
Always tempting me with limit increases.