ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum

ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum

Pros

• 75,000 bonus Qantas Points and $150 back when you spend $2,500 in the first 3 months

• 0.75 points per $1 for the first $3,000 each statement period

• Travel insurance and shopping insurance available

Cons

• Points earn rate reduced to 0.5 after $3,000 per statement period

• $295 annual fee, plus $65 for additional cardholders

CategoryFrequent Flyer & Travel Credit Cards
Card TypeVisa
BenefitsCashback Offer, Complimentary Travel Insurance and Sign-Up Bonus Points Offer
Minimum Credit Limit $6,000
Minimum Income $35,000
Additional Cardholders 9
Additional Cardholder Fee $65 p.a.
Rewards ProgramQantas Frequent Flyer
Points Earn Rate 0.75 points per $1
Points Conditions
  • 0.75 Points per $1 spent on eligible purchases up to and including $3,000 per statement period

• 0.5 Points per $1 spent on eligible purchases above $3,000 per statement period

Contactless PaymentsApple Pay, Fitbit Pay, Garmin Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay
Rates & Fees
Purchase Rate19.99% p.a.
Annual Fee$295 p.a.
Interest Free Period 55 days
Cash Advance Rate21.49% p.a.
Introductory Offers
Sign-Up Bonus

Receive 75,000 bonus Qantas Points and $150 back when you spend $2,500 in the first 3 months.

Reduced First Year Annual Fee $0
Release dateMay 2007

• Rates and Fees
  • Rewards
  • Online Experience
  • Application Process
Evonne

EvonneSydney, NSW

This is my main credit card.

To be honest I only use this card because it does not charge me annual fees with my home loan package. And because this is a QFF card, I become SO passionate spending money with this card so I can collect Qantas points (which I rarely redeem unfortunately). Not to mention it charges you 55 dollars rewards program fee annually even if my annual card fee is waived. So in general, this is not a cheap card. I would have better credit card choices than this one.

ScullsGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Easy set up and good rewards points

Have always found ANZ cards to be easy to set up and customer service has always been outstanding. Keep checking to see when they have rewards points on offer for setting up your card - always a nice bonus when you get a card. Qantas is my main airline for flights and I find the points are transferred quickly and there are reports on what points have gone across. Easy FF card.

PattyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

ANZ Frequent Flyers Platinum

Works well for me because I have family interstate so the payment I make in fees is covered by the return Virgin Flight I get each year that I would have had to pay for anyway to see my children as well I also get the opportunity to use the Virgin Lounge twice a year.
Also I save fees on overseas purchases and when I travel and find it works better with this card but exchange rate is no different have had this card now for 3 years and works well for me personally if you don’t travel there are better deals.

Frequent Flyer & Travel Credit Cards

Find out how ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum compares to other Frequent Flyer & Travel Credit Cards

David

David

Widely acceptable credit card

bkelly999

bkelly999

Good

Good

I opened this card to make business purchases & make the card work in my favour for points. So far after 18 months I am quite impressed with the points structure & the extras that are offered. Compared to other cards this one seems quite practicle and value for money.

I have always found ANZ uncomplicated, as in there are many branches, the internet banking site is easy to navigate and their statements can be sent weekly if required and are well laid out.
Fees reasonable if card used and paid off regularly
Great bonus structures
Longer warranties on some products purchased on card
The fees (but that would apply anywhere!)

See all ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum reviews

Fed Up

Fed Upasked

Does my ANZ Rewards Black international travel insurance (I bought return tickets to UK with the card last August) cover illness arising from Corona Virus while overseas or upset travel plans if they are affected by this pandemic

Kevin M.

Kevin M.asked

I have anz platinum card how do i find out what fees I am paying?

Sculls

Ring anz and ask. They have a duty to tell you and they will tell you when it’s due.

Robbie

Robbieasked

I have never trusted the ANZ travel insurance and always purchased a seperate policy ,This time however having spent well in excess of $250 on my card Im going to go with the card insurance ,Do I need to advise any department of my departure and return dates ,Should I have a problem what number do I call and is it toll free from the USA

Patty

I also have not been brave enough to trust ANZ insurance either it does say you just must use card to buy ticket but I would think you would have too advise insurance.