ANZ Frequent Flyer

ANZ Frequent Flyer (page 2 of 2)

See the Best Frequent Flyer & Travel Cards in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Good

Very happy with them so cant complain - security and points aremy main concerns and ANZ covers this exceptionally so that beats anye fee concerns.
After working overseas for a while, I am impressed with their anti fraud systems. When I went to China they called my mobile when I used the card and after returning some time later they called again to check if it was me. So rates etc may be high but security is my concern and they have my support. I like having the Frequent Flyer points even if I dont use them so often. At leastthey are there.
Some of the fees but not sure if they are alone here?

Good

Like any card it has its pros and cons, but all in all we have found that this card works well if pay by interest free period. but make sure you keep an eye on the amendments to the original contract you singed, I have found that not using a credit card is really better than using unless you dont have the accessable cash..
Card has 55 days intrest free and reasonalbly small interest rate. Using the card gains frequent flier points.
the company changes their rules far too often, and each time you have about 10-20 pages to review again to see if it is still worth it to keep the card

OK

You would have to spend a lot on this credit card to earn enough points to get what you want.
High interest rates ensures that you should pay back fully by the due date and make sure you don't spend over your limit, otherwise you may be charged for it.
Not as good as other credit cards on the market.
The ability to earn Qantas Frequent Flyer points is an incentive to use this credit card at most places.
The points earned can be redeemed for flights and other items.
The fees and high interest rates are a turn off. Costs to become a member in the rewards program.

Bad

Okay as a back up card but can do better deals with interest rate and points. They need to take a look at this card and make some changes. Anuual fee has increased greatly as well
That as its a visa most places accept it
Interest rate not that competative and they reduce points if you spend over a certain amount - no incentive to spend up big!

Good

Overall, this seems to be a good credit card with a good interest free period. I always pay the full amount by the due date, however one payment I made on time I inadvertently paid .58 cents under the balance (as I read the statement incorrectly) and they charged me interest on the complete balance, not just the .58 c, however they did later credit me and they now have easier to read statements. A credit card for me is purely convenience and a chance to use the banks money for free.
Interest free period of 55 days, ability to earn Qantas frequent flyer points, 24 hour call centre, visa accepted world-wide.
They keep changing the fine-print, cost of rewards programme, high interest rate, conversion fee when travelling.

Bad

It is a great card for lots of 'small' purchases that you repay quickly (as not to gain huge interest). The frequent flyer program on this card is really the only thing going for it beside the quite funny advertising.
I definitely would not recommend this card to anyone as there are better cards that offer the frequent flyer program.
Frequent flyer points!, you can gain points doing almost everyday purchases on the card, as long as you pay it off quickly it is okay.
The quite high annual fee, then the quite high late payment fee. Oh and the interest.