ANZ Low Rate

ANZ Low Rate

Pros

• Low Interest Rate of 12.49% p.a. on purchases

• $0 Annual Account Fee in First Year, $58 in subsequent years

• 0% on Balance Transfers for 25 months

• Up to 3 Additional Cardholders at no additional cost

Cons

• 3% Foreign Transaction Fee

• 1.5% Balance Transfer Fee and rate reverts to the high Cash Advance Rate of 20.24% at the end of the offer period

CategoryLow Rate Credit Cards and Balance Transfer Credit Cards
Card TypeVisa
BenefitsReduced First Year Annual Fee
Minimum Credit Limit A$1,000
Minimum Income A$15,000
Additional Cardholders 3
Additional Cardholder Fee A$0 p.a.
Minimum Repayments2%
Annual FeeA$58 p.a.
Foreign Transaction Fee 3%
Overseas ATM Withdrawal FeeA$5
Interest Free Period 55 days
Cash Advance Rate20.24% p.a.
Introductory Offers
Reduced First Year Annual Fee A$0
Balance Transfer Rates
Balance Transfer Period 25 months
Balance Transfer Rate 0% p.a.
Balance Transfer Fee 1.5%

• Online Experience
  • Application Process
marcus2

marcus2Sydney, NSW

Great Card with a low-interest rate on purchases

I rely on this card for months when I am struggling, as I do not always pay my card in full at the end of every month the fact that it is the low-interest rate on purchases, gives me the reassurance that I made the right choice, other features are usual

Rewards
Card Start DateSeptember 2019
Helper

HelperGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Best catd

This is the best card I have seen so far low interest rate dont pisg too much if you miss a payment and give some time to catch up which is good sometimes when you are struggling
Not much effect for credit rating very good card actually
Low interest
No fees at all
Waives annual fee some times
Very very good best card of all

Rewards
Card Start DateMarch 2016
Main Point of ContactPhone

Reviewer22

Reviewer22Melbourne

Good basic card, with easy online access

I've had this card for years, and have found it to be a very good basic credit card. There are no bells and whistles, but the interest rate is reasonable, and you have access to control it online. ANZ as a bank are generally easy to deal with, and I've found that they're quick to fix any problems. Easy to read statement, and all fees and charges are noted in writing. The only thing I didn't like about the credit card itself was the fact that it had an annual fee attached to the account. Other than that, easy and simple credit card that does the job it's meant to.

Low Rate Credit Cards

Find out how ANZ Low Rate compares to other Low Rate Credit Cards

Barb

BarbMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Excellent for the elderly

Find this card easy to use online I have never had any trouble with the bank & the low rate suits us as we are pensioners & having this card for our pension to go in makes it easy to do our banking on line

Card Start DateNovember 2012
  • Online Shopping

Bec M

Bec MCulburra Beach

Basic No Frills

Great easy to use credit card. Basic card without lots of extras, which helps to just use it when needed for back up and emergency’s. Low rate and easy to understand fees

Card Start DateJune 2017
  • Special Purchases
Citizen smiff

Citizen smiffHobart, TAS

fair enough

My mastercard was changed to this visa by my bank (Pain in the a...) but the rate is lower, no frills, no problems. My best advice: don't get a credit card! Get a temporary overdraft facility.

Card Start DateApril 2019
Main Point of ContactBranch
  • Online Shopping

OK

Its a low rate credit card ,good for those who make a big purchase and pay it off over time

rewarding_07

rewarding_07South East Queensland, QLD

Good

As with my Visa this card was easy to use and so I ended up with a large amount owing and couldn't afford to repay the whole balance. This is where the cards are tricky when you're paying interest every month without really reducing your balance much.
Much lower interest rate than many other cards. Is a good addition to having a Visa so you have more payment options. Bigger limit on this card than my Visa so more savings on interest by using this instead.
Annual fee was a bit dearer than on my Visa but still excellent value when you consider the lower annual interest rate.

ntbarry

ntbarry

Good

The card is fine, I would like to see a replacement card automatically sent out every 6 months as my card gets a flogging.
Every time i have a need to use it the motel or shop will accept it. On occasion i have been overdrawn and i have still been able make a purchase. I always fix my bill ASAP (Dont you?)
I like this card only because it has a competitave interest rate and its easy to manage online.
I have had AMEX and i would not recomend this card at all. The service is poor and not every outlet will accept AMEX, this helped to sway me to ANZ.
I have used may cards in the past and this one is as good as any, better than most.

Low Rate Credit Cards

Find out how ANZ Low Rate compares to other Low Rate Credit Cards

fmigan

fmigan

Good

I think that this card is a fantastic way to pay off another credit card - you simply transfer it's balance over to this card and secure the 0% interest rate. You then work like a mad person to pay it off before the actual interest kicks in. It was extremely easy to apply (online) and I simply dropped into my local ANZ branch to pick up the card.
0% interest rates on balance transfers, very easy to apply online and good customer service
They gave me $2,000 more credit than I wanted, which I thought was a little bit too cheeky