ANZ Low Rate

ANZ Low Rate

Pros

• Low Interest Rate of 12.49% p.a. on purchases

• $0 Annual Account Fee in First Year, $58 in subsequent years

• 0% on Balance Transfers for 25 months

• Up to 3 Additional Cardholders at no additional cost

Cons

• 3% Foreign Transaction Fee

• 1.5% Balance Transfer Fee and rate reverts to the high Cash Advance Rate of 20.24% at the end of the offer period

CategoryLow Rate Credit Cards and Balance Transfer Credit Cards
Card TypeVisa
BenefitsReduced First Year Annual Fee
Minimum Credit Limit A$1,000
Minimum Income A$15,000
Additional Cardholders 3
Additional Cardholder Fee A$0 p.a.
Minimum Repayments2%
Annual FeeA$58 p.a.
Foreign Transaction Fee 3%
Overseas ATM Withdrawal FeeA$5
Interest Free Period 55 days
Cash Advance Rate20.24% p.a.
Introductory Offers
Reduced First Year Annual Fee A$0
Balance Transfer Rates
Balance Transfer Period 25 months
Balance Transfer Rate 0% p.a.
Balance Transfer Fee 1.5%
Release dateAug 2006

3.2

• Rates and Fees
  • Online Experience
  • Application Process
Sarah S.

Sarah S.Northeast, VIC

Perfect solution for an emergency-only credit card

I've had this card for over 2 years now and find the fees to be exceptionally low. Have used this card in the South Pacific and didn't incur any extra fees. Great card to have for an emergency backup and easy to set up with Apple Pay.

Application Process
Card Start DateOctober 2017
Main Point of ContactOnline
Ray

Raymelbourne

Good balance transfer offer

I’ve got 0% for 18 months balance transfer offer without any fee. Took my balance from another bank over, only paid minimum each month. Great for cash flow. If you keep a balance each month, it’s one of the lowest rate on the market.

Application Process
Card Start DateMay 2019
Main Point of ContactOnline
Stephen

StephenSouth East Queensland, QLD

I have had my ANZ Low Rate Credit Card for well over 10 years and found ANZ to be extremely reliable and helpful with every transaction that I have made

Low Rate Credit Cards

Find out how ANZ Low Rate compares to other Low Rate Credit Cards

Chicken lady.

Chicken lady.Singleton

Perfect for me.

Great back up card with low rate no add frills, I have only used my Card about 4 times and only for emergency. I see it as if I can't afford it. I don't need it.

Card Start DateJuly 2017
Main Point of ContactBranch

anamickyCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Cheap & Great Customer Service

I have not looked back since getting my low rate mastercard with the ANZ. It's a no gimic, low interest rate card that has a minimal annual fee. When I need to call the customer service centre, I get nothing but the best of service and my concerns are dealt with quickly and easily - no fuss system ! Thank you ANZ.

Trisha7

Trisha7AU

Efficient Procedure

** Pros **
The whole procedure from start to finish with an online application was efficient, fuss-free and confinient for someone with a busy schedule. Didn't need to provide documents or talk to anyone for follow ups.

** Cons **
Over 21% cash advance is pretty steep but I knew that before signing up, so I'm ok with. May be a con for others.
Didn't realise there was a autatoc annual fee charged once the card was activated until I received my first statement. Read documents carefully.
Conscience, speed of procedure and no follow up with any forms/calls.

What initally attracted me to this card is the low interest rate and the fact I am with the bank. It was very easy to apply for (online) and had an immediate answer (well within 60 seconds). The card itself is an ugly plain white, but you do have the option to go online after yo receive the card to change to whatever your heart desires. The card arrived in 2 days after applying, which I thought was lignting fast and was able to use it immediately after phone activation, which itself was very simple and took less than two minutes.
Easy to apply for, low interest rate
ugly card

starflyy

starflyy

I really liked this card and thought that the interest rate was very competitive, they are really helpful with the customer service I just wish that you could use it at more tellers for cash advances cause we all need to get some help sometimes. Great for an emergency and a low annual fee. Pretty good in my books!
The online approval was great. It only took about a minute for them to tell me I was approved I thought that was terrific normally you have to wait ages.
Its ugly which dissapoints me I wish they would make it look great with some new funky designs.